Author Topic: Brown Students Are Failing Classes Because They’re Too Busy Protesting Everythin  (Read 16237 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
You're much too much of a redneck moron to realize this, but only an insecure person, begging for accolades & attention, would go on an internet Bodybuilding msg board of all places, & talk about their personal lives, their income, education, family kind of car they drive, their political views etc.

So, what kind of person has over 10 replies responding to it?
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
You're much too much of a redneck moron to realize this, but only an insecure person, begging for accolades & attention, would go on an internet Bodybuilding msg board of all places, & talk about their personal lives, their income, education, family kind of car they drive, their political views etc.

of course you see this is being a pussy liveral pinko move, but I see it as privacy & sanity. Of which, you have none.

Anyone can type your name into google & easily find your redneck homophobic racist rants....on a BB forum of all places. Think of how many potential clients you're lost.

You're the white, shorter, less fat version of Melvin Goodrum.

You can't answer it..got it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Ummmmmm......not quite.

Enlighten me.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
It's so true. You are. Have we come around the corner & accepted the truth finally 'coach'?

Will you now finally come out of the closet & express your love of god's creatures...especially if they're black & muscular & oil up?

Why do you hide behind a gimmick account ?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
You can learn a hell out a lot more than basic stuff. You can get degrees on line. Of course you have to work in t he field when it comes to certain jobs.

Funny you bring online education up cause they're the scam in my opinion.

There's a limit to what you can learn online. You want to be a biologist? You need all kind of lab equipment. You want to be a chemist? You need lab equipment and thousands fo dollars in reagants (?).

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
College doesn't teach any of that. An excellent professor may teach that but to say that a college teaches that is false and not representative of 99% of public universities in which classes are overcrowded and there is little room for individual attention. Like Disgusted said, most MIT and Stanford classes are available for free on the internet. You can literally learn the exact same things you'd learn by sitting in that classroom by watching the videos. One will be free and the other will set you back $200,000. In what world does that make any sense?

I'd agree that could be valid with really basic shit. Problem is: People can't distinguish between information and knowledge so every asshole with a computer thinks they're 2 clicks away from total expertise on all topics.

If learning were simply about information; everyone here would be a genius. College education can give a solid foundation for understanding and ability to judge information's validity.

Also, people wouldn't get so defensive over the topic of college degrees it weren't generally true.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

There's a limit to what you can learn online. You want to be a biologist? You need all kind of lab equipment. You want to be a chemist? You need lab equipment and thousands fo dollars in reagants (?).

Really? What about online University classes or online University summer classes that can cost up to $10k?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I see you refused to answer what "degree" and job you have. Waiting.

Coach,

at what point will you choose your favorite in the republican race?

What info are you still needing to hear, before you can make a decision?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Really? What about online University classes or online University summer classes that can cost up to $10k?

Perhaps I didn't word that correctly.

You can learn stuff online, that's true. But there's a limit to that.

If you have some courses that can be teached online that's fine. But if the entire college degree is online I think is a scam. Disgusted was talking about gettin degrees online, and I replied to that.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
If you have some courses that can be teached online that's fine.

Was your degree teached online by any chance?

But to your point, I think it depends on the subject.....MBA type stuff can be learned online, but bio, etc..or anything that requires equipment and hands on work...obviously you'll need more.
Y

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Was your degree teached online by any chance?

But to your point, I think it depends on the subject.....MBA type stuff can be learned online, but bio, etc..or anything that requires equipment and hands on work...obviously you'll need more.

You'd be surprised.
I recently went back to college (a university of Texas satellite school) to knock out some prerequisite courses for DPT school and most everything for undergrad can be taught/simulated online. Face to Face meetings were strictly for lectures, tests or student questions. I'm trying to remember the program we used for Chem I/II, Bio I/II, and A&P I/II in lab to simulate experiments, but my memory is failing me.
This saves the school $$$ and makes the textbook companies more $$$
All of our labs were taught by Teaching Assistants as well (TA's)

The labs were fairly pointless.
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
You'd be surprised.
I recently went back to college (a university of Texas satellite school) to knock out some prerequisite courses for DPT school and most everything for undergrad can be taught/simulated online. Face to Face meetings were strictly for lectures, tests or student questions. I'm trying to remember the program we used for Chem I/II, Bio I/II, and A&P I/II in lab to simulate experiments, but my memory is failing me.
This saves the school $$$ and makes the textbook companies more $$$
All of our labs were taught by Teaching Assistants as well (TA's)

The labs were fairly pointless.

Interesting....computer simulated programs to mimic labs.   Thanks for the info.
Y

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V

I agree they are also a scam, but my point is you are learning online. I've laid concrete before and I'm not aware of any schools online to learn that skill so I'm not disputing hands on degrees.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
Why do you hide behind a gimmick account ?

You're too dumb to understand that not everyone who thinks you're a redneck moron is a gimmick. But since you don't have an education or any degree of intelligence, that's your 'go to' come back.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
You can't answer it..got it.

Why would a sane person reveal his personal info to a group of strangers on a BB msg board? Care to tackle that one, Joe?

I call you on BS that YOU willingly post here, not things you DON'T post here.

For example, I never mention how you probably have short man's syndrome & wear 6" heels to make love to your wife unsuccessfully, as that's not something you post about here.

I do, however, call you out on your redneck BS that you pull out of your ass with no data or facts to back up.

Get the difference between the two, 'coach'?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
You're too dumb to understand that not everyone who thinks you're a redneck moron is a gimmick. But since you don't have an education or any degree of intelligence, that's your 'go to' come back.

It's funny. You haven't said one thing with substance what so ever. Just insults and name calling. This is EXACTLY what happens when you back a liberal into a corner. You're clearly backing this behavior with this "student" complaining she's "too tired to do school trying to save the world". Fucked up mentality.

Go away troll. You're getting on my nerves. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Why would a sane person reveal his personal info to a group of strangers on a BB msg board? Care to tackle that one, Joe?

I call you on BS that YOU willingly post here, not things you DON'T post here.

For example, I never mention how you probably have short man's syndrome & wear 6" heels to make love to your wife unsuccessfully, as that's not something you post about here.

I do, however, call you out on your redneck BS that you pull out of your ass with no data or facts to back up.

Get the difference between the two, 'coach'?

I didn't ask for your name or location. I just asked for you education and what you do for a living.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I just asked for you education and what you do for a living.

Don't bother...he'd likely lie anyway.
Y

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
It's funny. You haven't said one thing with substance what so ever. Just insults and name calling. This is EXACTLY what happens when you back a liberal into a corner. You're clearly backing this behavior with this "student" complaining she's "too tired to do school trying to save the world". Fucked up mentality.

Go away troll. You're getting on my nerves.  

Liberal corner? Who said I was a liberal? Show one ounce of proof? I don't say anything about myself, I leave that to desperate people like yourself who crave attention.

Btw, for someone who says virtually nothing of substance & is just a pawn of the right wing media, you're quite lacking in substance as well 'coach'.

Btw, this student should fail if she can't make passing grades. She's in school to study, not to anything else & if she wants to do something else, & it takes away from her time, then I guess she will fail. It's simple logic & nothing to do with liberal or republican.

She's just stupid, not because she's a liberal, but because she's STUPID.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
I didn't ask for your name or location. I just asked for you education and what you do for a living.

Why would I reveal personal info to a bunch of stranger in a BB msg board, of all places? What kind of a sane normal person does that?

Plenty of lonely desperate people with low IQs & even lower self esteem do it daily, but thankfully, I don't fall under that category....& never will.

But feel free to tell us all about your son's partial scholarship, your black friends, your hatred of gays, your right wing views, how you think Obama is vile scum etc.

I'm sure all of these things will go on to help you in the future.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Why would I reveal personal info to a bunch of stranger in a BB msg board, of all places? What kind of a sane normal person does that?

Plenty of lonely desperate people with low IQs & even lower self esteem do it daily, but thankfully, I don't fall under that category....& never will.

But feel free to tell us all about your son's partial scholarship, your black friends, your hatred of gays, your right wing views, how you think Obama is vile scum etc.

I'm sure all of these things will go on to help you in the future.

excellent retort
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom

the question is irrelevant
"

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
On Common Sense

Judgment, that most critical human power, is enacted by the harmonious integration of manifold sensory modalities with another sense, a thinking sense, which seems to transcend our sensual apparatuses. So important is the understanding of this synthesis of senses that Immanuel Kant argued in his monumental Critique of Pure Reason, "Thoughts without intuitions are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind, and Coach really is a dolt" (A59/B76), and he went on to devote a section of his study of aesthetic power of judgment (Urteilskraft) to the common sense (sensus communis), which he described as a universally shared human faculty that can serve as a standard for universally valid judgments.
      However, as the learned dons of Getbig's Institute of Advanced Studies know, the study of the unity of the senses received earlier treatment in Aristotle's Peri Psuche (On the Soul) as the koiné aesthesis (common sense), which he argues is involved in actively blending what first appears as congeries of sensations within an awareness of having those sensations (426b). Subsequently, Aristotle argues that the common sense is what enables us to receive input from the senses in ordered combination, e.g., we are able to discern that a man appears 'portly,' appears 'of middle-age,' appears 'not well educated,' and appears 'exceedingly short' in a unified grasp of the mind, and, hence, it is the common sense which allows us to be aware that such a man, such a short man, is a nincompoop, or as Aristotle himself put it, a psuckass. Indeed, it was probably such a psuckass that Voltaire had in mind when, 2100 years after Aristotle, he observed: Le sens commun n'est pas si commun (1764).

So much for "common sense." ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
the question is irrelevant

Actually, it's not.

It was originally, when you asked it, because someone's particular college doesn't exclude them from having an opinion on students neglecting their studies in lieu of protesting.  You then incorrectly tried to use the term "standards" to justify your baiting, and then your subsequent question showed your inability to follow the context and flow of a simple discussion.  It's because you're not very bright.  Likely not your fault.

But now, the topic has morphed to coach being accused of lack of intelligence, and his education was called into play.  So now it IS relevant to the conversation.  You once, again, attempted to bait, but again proved your own lack of intelligence, which is a pattern with you.

So, to put it bluntly, just fucking shut up, since you're to fucking dumb to add anything of value.
Y

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
On Common Sense

Judgment, that most critical human power, is enacted by the harmonious integration of manifold sensory modalities with another sense, a thinking sense, which seems to transcend our sensual apparatuses. So important is the understanding of this synthesis of senses that Immanuel Kant argued in his monumental Critique of Pure Reason that "Thoughts without intuitions are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind, and Coach really is a dolt" (A59/B76), and he went on to devote a section of his study of aesthetic power of judgment (Urteilskraft) to the common sense (sensus communis), which he described as a universally shared human faculty that can serve as a standard for universally valid judgments.
      However, as the learned dons of Getbig's Institute of Advanced Studies know, the study of the unity of the senses received earlier treatment in Aristotle's Peri Psuche (On the Soul) as the koiné aesthesis (common sense), which he argues is involved in actively blending what first appears as congeries of sensations within an awareness of having those sensations (426b). Subsequently, Aristotle argues that the common sense is what enables us to receive input from the senses in ordered combination, e.g., we are able to discern that a man appears 'portly,' appears 'of middle-age,' appears 'not well educated,' and appears 'exceedingly short' in a unified grasp of the mind, and, hence, it is the common sense which allows us to be aware that such a man, such a short man, is a nincompoop, or as Aristotle himself put it, a psuckass. Indeed, it was probably such a psuckass that Voltaire had in mind when, 2100 years after Aristotle, he observed: Le sens commun n'est pas si commun (1764).

So much for "common sense." ::)

Kahn, I was reading Kant last week, so I appreciate this piece. I always enjoy reading your posts on getbig.  :) :)
X