Author Topic: Training twice a day  (Read 2210 times)

herraisland

• Getbig III
Training twice a day
« on: February 22, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »
When I was on heavy cycle I sometimes trained the same body part twice a day. First in morning later on evening... The second time I did it more lightly.. ii
 Believed it helped me gain more muscle.. any one else done that ? What's your comment on doing that. Stupid or not ?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: Training twice a day
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:29:46 PM »
aint nobody got time for that shit  :D

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 01:35:01 PM »
aint nobody got time for that shit  :D

I have awesome job :) and I train my gf on evening.. so why not pump again... would u say it worthless to do this ?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 03:06:25 PM »
Train for real once a day and do abs calves evenings or your extra session cardio whatever but u need to train for real once a day and u won't feel like u need more I do the 2x a days but I'll do abs n calves only and I do this out of sheer boredom but that's fading as I train more and more clients each day so in all honesty once a day is good but if you consider cardio training then include it in the 2nd session. Just don't expect do legs am and back pm and end up jacked as fuck and Swole. Don't work like that

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 03:51:42 PM »
Train for real once a day and do abs calves evenings or your extra session cardio whatever but u need to train for real once a day and u won't feel like u need more I do the 2x a days but I'll do abs n calves only and I do this out of sheer boredom but that's fading as I train more and more clients each day so in all honesty once a day is good but if you consider cardio training then include it in the 2nd session. Just don't expect do legs am and back pm and end up jacked as fuck and Swole. Don't work like that

I have been doing this for awhile and i love it. It definatly got me good... I also been increasing calories and carbs. This morning i did chest and back and now 13 hours later i just finished again chest and back... I always do high rep.. i rarely go heavy

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 04:06:09 PM »
if i train very hard i can only train 3 days per week, i tried 4 but it was no dice

there is gonna be a new gym opening in my city within the next month or so with lots of nice girls training there, so i'll join it and then probably train 5 or 6 days a week, and see if i can make some hook-ups  :D :D :D

i can train more often if i don't train so damn hard, but with the less hard training i get less results, but even with not as hard training there's no fucking way i could train twice a day, i remember trying 2 a days some years ago and all it gave me was sore fucking joints and zero progress

15 says.... "you grow outside the gym, you grow OUTSIDE the gym, you GROW OUTSIDE the gym"

although bitch piana does train every single day

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 04:10:59 PM »
When I was on heavy cycle I sometimes trained the same body part twice a day. First in morning later on evening... The second time I did it more lightly.. ii
 Believed it helped me gain more muscle.. any one else done that ? What's your comment on doing that. Stupid or not ?

Honestly, if you just put everything you've got into the first training session, those muscles should be done for the next couple of days. Seems like you are really overworking your muscles. Second workout for the same muscles in the same day is just plain counterproductive.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »
Honestly, if you just put everything you've got into the first training session, those muscles should be done for the next couple of days. Seems like you are really overworking your muscles. Second workout for the same muscles in the same day is just plain counterproductive.

Obviously not :) im making good gains now. even it works for me, it maybe wouldnt work for you.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 04:19:34 AM »
Well this IS the "steroid" board so making the obvious assumption that this question applies to an 'enhanced' lifter.....
In my opinion it depends, if going through a high volume/ high frequency but LOW (60-65% 1RM) intensity cycle? I could see this working great for a period of time.
I've tried to do it but ultimately found myself unable to hold back enough in order to make it work for me, I've personally found that less is more (for me). I could see doing it for 4-6 weeks and then a week off and on to a higher intensity based emphasis, how long have you (the OP) been training tghis way? And do you plan to or do you alternate with more intensity through out the year?

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 05:43:48 AM »
I tried this one time, I was in between jobs and toke a three month break (collected unemployment).  I was on test and tren at the time and a prohormone called msten.

got up every day and did a slow jog to the gym and back 1 mile each way. trained smaller body part say calves or abbs or traps or arms  then came back late afternoon for a big body. part this time i drove in car.

I would say i lasted about 4 wks looking nice and lean and full  then i simply started looking stringy/flat  and i felt a little burned out mentally and CNS.  All my meals where in check at the time, aswell.

Overall I wouldnt recommend it . Maybe if you got the mentality of rocky balboa but i got burned out quick

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 06:30:21 AM »
This type of training is ok in short bursts, especially if you are cutting fat but again the extra training sessions should b limited imo hit the body hard but the abs and calves for a week or 2 or 3 at a time can b hit everyday but u get burnt out eventually or you are like me and are 2 stubborn to realize it, I know better now. I trained back this morning and I won't hit it again for 7 days I'm gonna b so sore it feels crippling the next few days

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 07:01:30 AM »
Never because of steroids more a time thing.
If I have to be somewhere a certain  time I might split up my workout before and after work or cardio in the morning and training at night.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 08:24:35 AM »
I'm rather certain Howard many many threads asking the same question. Could simply ask him how well it worked for him!
?

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 08:32:12 AM »
No i wont be doing this for a long time.. I can feel it today im extra tired and my body needs a good rest.. I will just listen to my body... i did this once 4 days in a row and stopped doing that for a week and then i did it again for 2-3 days... I will just do this according how my body feels.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 04:24:48 PM »
Never because of steroids more a time thing.
If I have to be somewhere a certain  time I might split up my workout before and after work or cardio in the morning and training at night.

I train abs twice a day except on Sundays.