Author Topic: WWF making stars  (Read 1326 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
WWF making stars
« on: February 24, 2016, 11:04:36 AM »
Curious..prior to 2000,(Cena/Battista/Brock etc) can anyone name one person the WWF/WWE made from 0 into something (aside from Rock)

I remember back in the late 90's when Vince said Eric/WCW hadn't made any stars, they were all WWF home grown but tbh I don't remember Vince truly making anyone himself. McMahon may have "shined" people up like Hogan, Henning etc...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: WWF making stars
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:43:14 PM »
Many of Vince's biggest successes were "accidents."
Austin, Rock, Taker, Cena, etc.

The ones he willfully tried grooming for success like Tom Magee, Sid, Lex, etc. all fell flat.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
In reality, Vince can just give the Wrestlers an opportunity.

Take Scott Hall. He had the idea for Razor Ramon, presented it to Vince, who liked it and got behind it. Then, Hall proceeded to make it work.

So, who gets the credit? IMO, it's both.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:42:51 AM »
Curious..prior to 2000,(Cena/Battista/Brock etc) can anyone name one person the WWF/WWE made from 0 into something (aside from Rock)

I remember back in the late 90's when Vince said Eric/WCW hadn't made any stars, they were all WWF home grown but tbh I don't remember Vince truly making anyone himself. McMahon may have "shined" people up like Hogan, Henning etc...
Stone Cold Steve Austin. He was considered a mid to lower card talent because no one let him blossom. As soon as he went to Vince and asked him for leeway on the mic and to let him be himself instead of scripted bullshit, that is when his character took off.