Author Topic: Seems that Trump is doing something right  (Read 2103 times)

MANGOOS

• Getbig III
Seems that Trump is doing something right
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:08:29 AM »
Technology industry leaders including Apple CEO Tim Cook, Google co-founder Larry Page and Tesla and SpaceX chief Elon Musk met with top GOP representatives at the secretive American Enterprise Institute's annual World Forum this past weekend to discuss how to halt Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, a report said Monday.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/03/07/apple-ceo-tim-cook-attends-secret-meeting-with-tech-and-government-elite-to-plot-end-trump-presidential-run-report-says

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Seems that Trump is doing something right
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:15:29 AM »
Just like the Romney speech, this will only backfire.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:25:24 AM »
he appeals to uneducated white racists.....plenty of that going around.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 06:26:37 AM »
They all want the cheap Chinese labor, something Trump is against.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 03:01:50 PM »

Not a Trump fan, but I don't think that's fair.  His support is much broader than that.  I know a lot of Trump supporters and none of them are uneducated white racists.  He's probably going to win the caucus here and we are the most diverse state in the country. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »
Option D: Whom do you back??

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 03:51:18 PM »
Trumps' support is diverse but its slipping. I think he's been uncloaked. I think Cruz is pushing so hard in Florida now so he can knock Rubio out. I think he knows he may not beat trump there but he think he can finally get it to two people and then crush Trump. It was interesting to note that Cruz beat Trump badly on same day voting in Louisiana while trump won overall because of early voting and that was the real difference in the 4 point win. Tonight will be another indicator. Who the hell knows at this point.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »

Here is at least one black person who is definitely not a racist and supports Trump (though he can't really explain why)

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/06/469383368/another-unlikely-supporter-for-donald-trump

Civil rights activist Charles Evers

MARTIN: May I ask - what is one policy change - as someone who voted for Barack Obama and now is supporting Donald Trump, what's the policy issue - the policy change - you would most like a potential President Trump to address?

EVERS: I don't know. I want him to be president of all the people equally. That's all I want everybody to do.

MARTIN: You don't think Marco Rubio could do that? You don't think Ted Cruz can do that?

EVERS: I like Trump - just that simple.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 04:51:09 PM »
Trumps' support is diverse but its slipping. I think he's been uncloaked. I think Cruz is pushing so hard in Florida now so he can knock Rubio out. I think he knows he may not beat trump there but he think he can finally get it to two people and then crush Trump. It was interesting to note that Cruz beat Trump badly on same day voting in Louisiana while trump won overall because of early voting and that was the real difference in the 4 point win. Tonight will be another indicator. Who the hell knows at this point.

Cruz and Rubio are not even buying ads in Ohio. Kasich will likely win Ohio and might win Michigan. Rubio will likely lose in his own state.

Cruz won't win Cali. Cruz won't win FLA or Ohio. I don't see how Trump does not win this pre-convention. At the convention who knows.

GOP really stupid for not forcing Rubio out and helping Cruz as lesser of two perceived evils.

Maybe after all this show they force the Romney and Bush ticket at the convention, haha.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »

Cruz and Rubio are not even buying ads in Ohio. Kasich will likely win Ohio and might win Michigan. Rubio will likely lose in his own state.

Cruz won't win Cali. Cruz won't win FLA or Ohio. I don't see how Trump does not win this pre-convention. At the convention who knows.

GOP really stupid for not forcing Rubio out and helping Cruz as lesser of two perceived evils.

Maybe after all this show they force the Romney and Bush ticket at the convention, haha.

If Trump does not win Florida and Ohio he could very well not get to 1237.  He is going to split delegates in every proportional state.  I don't think he has gotten 50 percent of the vote in any state.  His ceiling is about 35-40 percent. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 05:02:13 PM »

I'm not sure how the GOP can force anyone to do anything

I see Trump as the lesser of two evils

Cruzy is a fundie nut sociopath who truly believes in the End Times and probably would love to help create it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 05:02:39 PM »

Just let the damn thing ride out and anoint the guy who has the lead, be it Cruz or Trump.

If Cruz wins practically all the GOP constituents who voted for Trump will come over to him because he is a solid candidate and will fare extremely well versus Hillary.

If you are an ACTUAL conservative you will support Trump because of two words...SUPREME COURT.

If the entire GOP base comes behind Trump he will also bring over the independents and a faction of the Bernie crowd and he will DESTROY Hillary in the general election and you WILL HAVE a Conservative Supreme Court for 20 to 30 years.

But of course all the butt hurt little conservative faggets(as Falcon would call it) who need a candidate to match a "17 point Conservative checklist"  ::) ::)  are too terrified about a 4 year Trump candidacy to look at the 2 or 3 decade long repercussions of a liberal supreme court.

So if these little bitches sit at home and cry they should expect their rights to get trampled on. It's as simple as that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »
BTW - I hope the GOP tries and even suceeds in taking the nomination away from Trump

That would be a great way to piss off millions of voters who will stay home (and millions more will stay home rather that vote for bat shit crazy certified asshole Cruz who is loathed by many Republicans)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 05:18:03 PM »
You screw over a delegate leading Trump and you lose the election, it's as simple as that.

Stay at home or vote third party "on principle"  ::) but expect Scalia and Ginsburg to be replaced by 2 far Left activist judges in their 40s who you will be bitching about on your rocking chair because you couldn't stomach a 4 year term by Trump.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 08:16:20 PM »
If Trump does not win Florida and Ohio he could very well not get to 1237.  He is going to split delegates in every proportional state.  I don't think he has gotten 50 percent of the vote in any state.  His ceiling is about 35-40 percent. 

i was watching the Martian, so I missed the news until just now.  I read trump won michigan by ten points.

that tells me it's going to take a miracle for trump to lose ohio.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 08:35:35 PM »
10 point spread to 2nd in Michigan? If true then Trump is unstoppable.

That result....with all the negative press, the millions in negative ads in the last week, comparisons to Hitler, Romney's speech, etc.

People hate the GOP old guard and will give Trump a pass on his mouth for being self funded.

At this point there's nothing short of physical harm that can be done to him. They've thrown the kitchen sink.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 10:22:08 PM »
it's ego.

Rubio and Cruz could get in a room and flip a coin.  Head POTUS, Tails Veep.  They could stop trump.  They got 50% in michigan, Trump got 38% or whatever.  They promise Kasich secretary of state, Christie Atty general, and they all walk out on one stage together and just ask america to "vote AGAINST trump"

They could win.  But their ego will not allow it.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 06:11:04 AM »
Not a Trump fan, but I don't think that's fair.  His support is much broader than that.  I know a lot of Trump supporters and none of them are uneducated white racists.  He's probably going to win the caucus here and we are the most diverse state in the country. 

i get that you know someone thats an educated trump supporter.. but the polls say he is leading with less educated section of America.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 06:16:47 AM »
Option D: Whom do you back??

Sanders....

Cruz scares the shit out of me. Crazy fundamental.
Rubio will get punked
Trump....well do i have to explain...The guys giving a speech splashing water across the stage saying "hey this is how Rubio sweats".... and " the deals were gonna make... let me tell you... theyll be the best deals"

Hilary is about as slimy as they come... shape shifter. Plays the political game just way too much to me.. Twists words all crazy to fit a narrative. Just an all around dirt bag. She really disgusts me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 08:59:36 AM »
i get that you know someone thats an educated trump supporter.. but the polls say he is leading with less educated section of America.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

I know a lot of highly educated Trump supporters, and none of them are white racists. 

Your link does not support your contention that Trump appeals to white racists.  Doesn't talk about racists at all. 

Why are you dumping on people who don't have a college degree? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »
Your link does not support your contention that Trump appeals to white racists.  Doesn't talk about racists at all. 

Not all trump supporters are racist, of course not.

but racists do prefer him.  and he has done little to discourage it, pretending not to know who they were or what they stood for, because he wanted their voter turnout.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »
Not all trump supporters are racist, of course not.

but racists do prefer him.  and he has done little to discourage it, pretending not to know who they were or what they stood for, because he wanted their voter turnout.

"KKK?... What kkk....What is the kkk? I know nothing about them?.. David Duke... who is that.. one of the Dukes of Hazzard?"

Fucking clowns... Give the benefit of the doubt to him right... sickening

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 09:33:38 AM »
I know a lot of highly educated Trump supporters, and none of them are white racists. 

Why are you dumping on people who don't have a college degree? 

Of these potential candidates.. Trump is the most popular with racists.

and Racists views and lack of higher education go hand and hand

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »
Of these potential candidates.. Trump is the most popular with racists.

and Racists views and lack of higher education go hand and hand

What info are you relying on to conclude Trump is most popular with racists?  Is it the David Duke thing or something else? 

I've never looked at empirical info regarding racism, but I'm not sure the link you are making is sound. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 10:17:20 AM »
What info are you relying on to conclude Trump is most popular with racists?  Is it the David Duke thing or something else? 

I've never looked at empirical info regarding racism, but I'm not sure the link you are making is sound. 

Poll Shows 31 Percent of Trump Voters Believe Whites are the Superior Race

http://www.complex.com/life/2016/02/31-percent-trump-supporters-say-whites-superior-race

NY Times poll in there.   I can get more if you want.  I'm not saying Trump is a racist - I know many 70 year old men are that way due to "the times" they grew up in.  I think he shits on people of all colors.  But I do think he could have condemns the KKK Duke endorsement, not played dumb about not even knowing what the guy stands for, when he condemned Duke a decade ago for his racist views.