Author Topic: Nogueira gettin subbed by Ricco  (Read 3623 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Nogueira gettin subbed by Ricco
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:31:10 AM »
Predictions
 40/61

an123

• Getbig IV
Re: Nogueira gettin subbed by Ricco
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 04:38:42 PM »
Christ, Ricco used to not be a obese slob.  He actually looked to be in semi decent shape there.  I've never really seen Nog excel in a straight grappling match, it is his granite chin that for the most part sets up his submissions...

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 04:43:59 PM »
i assume thats the kneebarfrom (adcc??) several years back ... everyone always says if bjj has a shortfall its lack of attention paid to the leg locks

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 04:52:15 PM »
i assume thats the kneebarfrom (adcc??) several years back ... everyone always says if bjj has a shortfall its lack of attention paid to the leg locks

It said the video was from 2000.  I highly doubt Minotauro would lose to an aging and overweight Ricco today.  Nog is the best heavyweight grappler in mma today period.  He would be the best fighter in the world if it weren't for Fedor.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 07:04:34 PM »
Operative statement is MMA grappler...  Pure grappling Jeff Monson would beat Nog rather easily... But in MMA, Monson would get handled easily.

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 08:04:04 PM »
Pure grappling Jeff Monson would beat Nog rather easily...

dont listen to everything joe rogan tells u ;D

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 05:20:38 AM »
 Nog is the best heavyweight grappler in mma today period.  He would be the best fighter in the world if it weren't for Fedor.
[/quote]

That's pretty accurate; people forget that he's got good enough stand up to get people in position for takedowns and submissions...

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »
dont listen to everything joe rogan tells u ;D

Uhh, have you seen Monson at adcc?  The guy can control/outpoint almost anyone at his weight.  He would handle Nog on the ground easily.  I've never heard Rogan mention Monson, not that it would matter what that little midget thought.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 09:48:38 AM »
It said the video was from 2000.  I highly doubt Minotauro would lose to an aging and overweight Ricco today.  Nog is the best heavyweight grappler in mma today period.  He would be the best fighter in the world if it weren't for Fedor.

Isnt rico the same age as Nog if not younger? Didnt rico unofficially beat Nog at a pride event in 2003?