Author Topic: Why high dose insulin with low carbs?  (Read 2159 times)

herraisland

• Getbig III
Why high dose insulin with low carbs?
« on: March 10, 2016, 05:56:57 AM »
I see this sometimes.. people use high dose of insulin 20iu+, with low carbs ? And the i see Jizmo talking shit about people trying to take carbs as low as they can with insulin. Will higher dose of slin  yield better results ?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: Why high dose insulin with low carbs?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 06:47:07 AM »
whats would be the fucking point of eating as little carbs as possible with slin
never understood that
slin infuses glucose from your blood into muscle tissue
it shuttles nutrients. why would you consume as little nutrients as possible then lol

the glucose shuttling is also MUCH more pronounced than the anti catabolic effect that slin also gives (inhibits amino acid breakdown)

if you use little carbs with insulin your workouts also go to shit. flood yourself with sugar while on high doses of slin and youll get incredible energy, pumps, fullness, results

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 08:35:23 AM »
whats would be the fucking point of eating as little carbs as possible with slin
never understood that
it shuttles nutrients. why would you consume as little nutrients as possible then lol

the glucose shuttling is also MUCH more pronounced than the anti catabolic effect that slin also gives (inhibits amino acid breakdown)

if you use little carbs with insulin your workouts also go to shit. flood yourself with sugar while on high doses of slin and youll get incredible energy, pumps, fullness, results

I also remember you said any dose below 15iu is worthless... why is that ? The higher you can go, would that be better ?

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
never understood that

My understanding is Insulin will pull glycogen from the blood into the bodies storage cell's, muscle glycogen will get replenished amino acids and lipids will get dragged behind it as soon as that muscle glycogen is topped off all excess carbohydrate goes to the spill over storage being fat cells.

So in theory you'd want the maximum amount of useable aminos available in your blood within that time frame post training due to the depletion it causes allowing more room for more carbohydrate to drag them into the muscle before you top out and just wind up feeding fat cells.

Might be beneficial to go so far into the afternoon on zero carbs so you're super depleted before blasting a large dose of slin with  the neccesary carbohydrate preworkout to maximise the muscle cells capacity for storage.

Just my thoughts, fuck knows.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »
Dont want to make a new thread.. so i write this down here.

i took 25iu preworkout today and after 1hour workout i found out i left my carb shake in the car ! No sign of hypo !! How is that possible ??? few days ago i was taking 15iu breakfast and 1hour later i went hypo, sweating cold sweats and feeling ill.. Can someone explain how could i take 25iu without feeling hypo at all, without calling me every bad word in the dictonary.

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 02:42:59 PM »

i took 25iu preworkout today and after 1hour workout i found out i left my carb shake in the car ! No sign of hypo !! How is that possible ??? few days ago i was taking 15iu breakfast and 1hour later i went hypo, sweating cold sweats and feeling ill.. Can someone explain how could i take 25iu without feeling hypo at all, without calling me every bad word in the dictonary.

Please tell me you didnt shoot slow acting slin preworkout lol

Shoot slow acting slin in the morning when your fasted and blood glucose will drop too low when it peaks causing hypo

Shoot slow acting slin when you've been eating all day and it pulls from what you've already been eating all day and whatever comes after

25iu of novorapid with no sugar and i'd legit expect you to be in a coma when it hits you 15 minutes later

If thats the case you need to go back to class and educate yourself cause that's some of the most irresponsible shit I've ever heard.

I've seen someone inject novorapid by mistake before and found them stood in front of the fridge staring into the abyss looking for sugar not able to speak or think, if i weren't there to force feed them or they had left the house fuck knows what would have happend.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »
Please tell me you didnt shoot slow acting slin preworkout lol

Shoot slow acting slin in the morning when your fasted and blood glucose will drop too low when it peaks causing hypo

Shoot slow acting slin when you've been eating all day and it pulls from what you've already been eating all day and whatever comes after

25iu of novorapid with no sugar and i'd legit expect you to be in a coma when it hits you 15 minutes later

If thats the case you need to go back to class and educate yourself cause that's some of the most irresponsible shit I've ever heard.

I've seen someone inject novorapid by mistake before and found them stood in front of the fridge staring into the abyss looking for sugar not able to speak or think, if i weren't there to force feed them or they had left the house fuck knows what would have happend.

It was humalog  :o  no hypo ! But few days ago I went hypo from 15iu and now not even slight feeling from 25iu

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 09:16:38 PM »
So many factors go into it... Time since last meal, when and if you took GH, because it raises blood glucose.  Stress levels because they raise blood glucose. 

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 11:16:26 PM »

are u fucking serious? this is plain retarded.
youre playing with your life.
honestly man, i like you but if you cant manage taking a fucking shake with yo and drink it  then you have no point using insulin

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 03:35:38 AM »
are u fucking serious? this is plain retarded.
youre playing with your life.
honestly man, i like you but if you cant manage taking a fucking shake with yo and drink it  then you have no point using insulin

I know it sound very retarded. I had a shake about 40-50min before the shot with oats and whey. I took with me fast acting carb shake w. Bcaa. I went to the gym and after workout i sat down before walking in my car thinking:'' whaaat the fuck, i left my shake in the car outside.'' I seriously got the paranoia for few seconds thinking i was a ghost. ran to my car and drank my shake.

Im not sure how you measure your blood sugar in the US and a, but mine is 5.9, which is normal. Could my pen be junk ? I bought it from diabetes guy days ago and i have not put it in the fridge. Was told it can last up to 28 days in room tempature, after you start to use it.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 05:04:34 AM »
I know it sound very retarded. I had a shake about 40-50min before the shot with oats and whey. I took with me fast acting carb shake w. Bcaa. I went to the gym and after workout i sat down before walking in my car thinking:'' whaaat the fuck, i left my shake in the car outside.'' I seriously got the paranoia for few seconds thinking i was a ghost. ran to my car and drank my shake.

Im not sure how you measure your blood sugar in the US and a, but mine is 5.9, which is normal. Could my pen be junk ? I bought it from diabetes guy days ago and i have not put it in the fridge. Was told it can last up to 28 days in room tempature, after you start to use it.
when did you measure your blood sugar? after the shot? or fasting?
if you inject 15+ iu and your BS doesnt drop into hypo range after 30-45 mins (mine starts dropping at minute 20 and by minute 40 im going hypo) then youre insulin sensitivity is completely fucked or your insulin is shit/expired/whatever.
obviously drinking a shake 40 minutes before pinning insulin will completely skew the results.

insulin is never really faked, you could also easily tell that from the smell. i never put my insulin into the fridge after i start up a vial/pen. it lasts MONTHS at room temperature.

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 06:20:38 AM »
when did you measure your blood sugar? after the shot? or fasting?
if you inject 15+ iu and your BS doesnt drop into hypo range after 30-45 mins (mine starts dropping at minute 20 and by minute 40 im going hypo) then youre insulin sensitivity is completely fucked or your insulin is shit/expired/whatever.
obviously drinking a shake 40 minutes before pinning insulin will completely skew the results.

insulin is never really faked, you could also easily tell that from the smell. i never put my insulin into the fridge after i start up a vial/pen. it lasts MONTHS at room temperature.

I measured it before i started using insulin on this blast.. didnt eat 2 hours before.. The weird thing is i went hypo when i used 15 iu few days ago and yesterday i used 28iu and didnt feel a thing... not a slight feeling on goin hypo.. pretty fucked up.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 08:03:24 AM »
gotta measure it first thing in the morning, thats the reference range
2h after a meal is very inaccurate depending on what you ate...

if you go hypo depends on timing of your carbs very much
gotta have carbs with your shot and for hours afterwards..
if you have your carbs only WITH your shot and then none you can still easily go hypo after an hour or two, especially if you work out. i gotta get some carbs in every 10 minutes or so during my workouts with pre workout slin, or i will go hypo (glucose clearance from blood is insanely fast with slin DURING workouts)

if i pin 10iu on empty stomach i go hypo within 30 minutes...
can easily use 20iu and not feel a THING of hypo if i have it with a meal..

herraisland

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 08:46:39 AM »
gotta measure it first thing in the morning, thats the reference range
2h after a meal is very inaccurate depending on what you ate...

if you go hypo depends on timing of your carbs very much
gotta have carbs with your shot and for hours afterwards..
if you have your carbs only WITH your shot and then none you can still easily go hypo after an hour or two, especially if you work out. i gotta get some carbs in every 10 minutes or so during my workouts with pre workout slin, or i will go hypo (glucose clearance from blood is insanely fast with slin DURING workouts)

if i pin 10iu on empty stomach i go hypo within 30 minutes...
can easily use 20iu and not feel a THING of hypo if i have it with a meal..

I pretty much eat carbs all over the day. Last time i had only carb in the morning and around workout time.