Author Topic: The wall  (Read 4256 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
The wall
« on: March 12, 2016, 05:03:51 PM »
Serious question. I just saw a protestor interviewed on the news. They asked him what makes him protest against trump.

One thing he said is that he's against the wall being built between us and Mexico.

I'm so confused. Can someone tell me what it wrong with a physical border (wall) as opposed to an imaginary border (what we currently have)?

Is it just ok to "say" we have a border but not really enforce it? 

I'm not saying it's going to be built or that building a wall will keep everyone out but what's wrong w the concept?  I'm first gen Asian American my dad immigrated here legally and became a citizen btw.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: The wall
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 05:06:48 PM »
Because the progressive movement is aggressively aborting itself out of existence, it needs to import more knee-grows for the plantation and the dumbass bean-ers are the /\/igga of choice for the democrats. Import 20 million imbecile voters and you're in power forever.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 05:15:28 PM »
All in all its just another brick in the wall!🤖
w

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 05:52:43 PM »
These people against a wall are stupid. Just head down to the TJ border and there's a wall and fence miles long. It's not a bad thing.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 09:55:17 PM »

you're welcome...

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 11:11:19 PM »
Not about Pink Floyd, I am very disapoint!
Mr. AZ 2003

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 11:42:16 PM »
democrats don't want a wall.   repubs in congress don't want a wall.  rubio, kasich don't want a wall.  cruz has gone back and forth on it.

Trump wants a wall BUT has said those who are here illegally but haven't broken any laws CAN STAY.  He said that July 27, 2015.  Look it up. 

ALl it takes to beat a 30 foot wall is a 31-foot ladder, let's be honest.  Bring a dump truck full of one side, stack up dirt, and just walk up to the wall.  It's not hard to defeat a wall.  heck, just dig a small tunnel under 10 feet of soil and walk through. 

IMO, if you truly want to stop illegals from coming in, you invest that $10 billion for 'a wall' - which is really 100 billion after overruns on cost... put in drones, motion detectors, and a nice reward system (turn in an illegal, make $5k).

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 07:14:47 PM »
Fill a moat with crocodiles and sharks.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 12:06:04 AM »

Muricans don't need no edumacation.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 02:37:14 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 02:53:55 AM »
A wall is a terrible idea.  A fence.  That's what you want.  You can electrify a fence.  Who ever heard of an electric wall?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 02:54:36 AM »
A country that doesn't protect it's borders can not continue to exist.  Regardless of how you do it(wall or no wall), it needs to be done and for a multitude of reasons.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 02:58:41 AM »
Because the progressive movement is aggressively aborting itself out of existence, it needs to import more knee-grows for the plantation and the dumbass bean-ers are the /\/igga of choice for the democrats. Import 20 million imbecile voters and you're in power forever.

Wow this so bang on the money it's profound.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 04:32:08 AM »

They want a perpetual underclass to help.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 06:17:32 AM »
II think Lone Wolf Mcquade is a better idea

"

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 06:33:08 AM »

Howe can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 06:48:32 AM »
Serious question. I just saw a protestor interviewed on the news. They asked him what makes him protest against trump.

One thing he said is that he's against the wall being built between us and Mexico.

I'm so confused. Can someone tell me what it wrong with a physical border (wall) as opposed to an imaginary border (what we currently have)?

Is it just ok to "say" we have a border but not really enforce it?  

I'm not saying it's going to be built or that building a wall will keep everyone out but what's wrong w the concept?  I'm first gen Asian American my dad immigrated here legally and became a citizen btw.

the "wall" is a symbol of border enforcement

the truth is increased border enforcement prevents mexicans from going back once they get in, so from a conceptual point of view the fact that it achieves the exact opposite of the stated intention is non-starter.

the problem is the above statement was too long and included words with more than five letters.

sorry to bust the bubble but the wall isn't coming.

hope this helps.

"

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 06:55:11 AM »
the "wall" is a symbol of border enforcement

the truth is increased border enforcement prevents mexicans from going back once they get in, so from a conceptual point of view the fact that it achieves the exact opposite in the stated intention is non-starter.

the problem is the above statement was too long and included words with more than five letters.

sorry to bust the bubble but the wall isn't coming.

hope this helps.

Do you believe people have any understanding of how 100% border enforcement (and massive deportation) would affect food prices?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 06:56:02 AM »

the truth is increased border enforcement prevents mexicans from going back once they get in, so from a conceptual point of view the fact that it achieves the exact opposite in the stated intention is non-starter.

Solved it.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 07:08:57 AM »

Hey, maestros, dejen a los niņos en paz!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 07:14:01 AM »
Do you believe people have any understanding of how 100% border enforcement (and massive deportation) would affect food prices?

I bet cotton went up after emancipation.  Shit costs more without slave labor.  Someone once exclaimed to me, "But lettuce would cost $5!"  Then $5 is the actual market value of lettuce.  Btw, lettuce does cost $5 where I live.  Presumably people buy it.  Lettuce eaters, I imagine.

Besides, it's not like America is lacking enough calories to go around.  I'm sure the HFCS farm subsidies will ensure there's plenty of diabetes for everyone.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 07:20:04 AM »
Solved it.

agree with this conceptually.  a one way type device would be better.  Even a type of containment mechanism would be more humane.

"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 07:23:31 AM »

People are basically "feeling" more than they are thinking about almost everything on this topic.

I can see it being highly disruptive to trade indeed.
"

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 07:27:21 AM »
I bet cotton went up after emancipation.  Shit costs more without slave labor.  Someone once exclaimed to me, "But lettuce would cost $5!"  Then $5 is the actual market value of lettuce.  Btw, lettuce does cost $5 where I live.  Presumably people buy it.  Lettuce eaters, I imagine.

Besides, it's not like America is lacking enough calories to go around.  I'm sure the HFCS farm subsidies will ensure there's plenty of diabetes for everyone.

Your comparison to slavery is intellectually lazy, LOL!

People have been saying "Lettuce will cost $5/head without illegal immigrants" for 20+ years. I don't know how true that is because we had seasonal pickers well before combine technology became sophisticated. I believe things would cost more but haven't been bored enough to do any research or determine what would be credible sources of information.

I'd like to know if Illegals are a truly drain on our resources when lower labor costs (as they affect food prices) are factored in. Simply curious if the rhetoric has any mathematical basis.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 07:29:47 AM »

"