Author Topic: Neville Injured  (Read 2746 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Neville Injured
« on: March 15, 2016, 09:06:27 AM »
Neville is another on the injured list

It looked bad, and according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio (subscription required but recommended), that's because it was.

Neville has reportedly joined WWE's extensive injured list. Meltzer says that he broke both his ankle and tibia (shin) on the slide-gone-wrong (which you can see if the match footage above at approximately the :10 mark) that occurred while working with Chris Jericho on the Mar. 14 Raw.

Amazingly, the Brit executes several moves after the injury occurs - including a kick with his bad leg - but all three performers called an audible to end the match with Neville in obvious pain.

Provided the injury diagnosis Meltzer's reporting is final, recovery time is typically in the four-to-six month time frame. Depending on the severity of the breaks, and if there's ligament damage in addition to the bone fractures, it could be longer.

There's never a good time for something like this, of course, but it seems especially unfortunate as the Slammy Award winning, longest-reigning NXT champ in history was in the midst of a run of great matches and increased television time over the last several weeks.

We'll update you with any official announcement from WWE as soon as we get it.

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Neville Injured
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 11:22:48 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cagesideseats.com/platform/amp/wwe/2016/3/15/11241302/neville-injury-chris-jericho-charles-robinson-shouting-match-video-breakdown-raw?client

Jericho took control, I guess the AJ call out was impromptu.... if you can believe that anything is done on the fly.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:32:59 PM »
Jericho is a total professional. Some believe he broke keyfabe a little to push the ref and yell at him.

Either way, he really made it work.

What was interesting is how no one on the announce team even noticed Neville solidly working injured. During the match both me and the woman were noticing how Neville was walking limp even though nothing had really happened to cause it.

PS. I really hate JBL and Michael Cole.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 12:26:26 AM »
Jericho is a total professional. Some believe he broke keyfabe a little to push the ref and yell at him.

Either way, he really made it work.

What was interesting is how no one on the announce team even noticed Neville solidly working injured. During the match both me and the woman were noticing how Neville was walking limp even though nothing had really happened to cause it.

PS. I really hate JBL and Michael Cole.

Agreed on everything.

Cole as a dude is pretty decent from what I've heard but Vince is killing the announce team. Sometimes  I have to mute the TV.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 04:06:39 AM »
Neville is another on the injured list

It looked bad, and according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio (subscription required but recommended), that's because it was.

Neville has reportedly joined WWE's extensive injured list. Meltzer says that he broke both his ankle and tibia (shin) on the slide-gone-wrong (which you can see if the match footage above at approximately the :10 mark) that occurred while working with Chris Jericho on the Mar. 14 Raw.

Amazingly, the Brit executes several moves after the injury occurs - including a kick with his bad leg - but all three performers called an audible to end the match with Neville in obvious pain.

Provided the injury diagnosis Meltzer's reporting is final, recovery time is typically in the four-to-six month time frame. Depending on the severity of the breaks, and if there's ligament damage in addition to the bone fractures, it could be longer.

There's never a good time for something like this, of course, but it seems especially unfortunate as the Slammy Award winning, longest-reigning NXT champ in history was in the midst of a run of great matches and increased television time over the last several weeks.

We'll update you with any official announcement from WWE as soon as we get it.

I saw this one coming. When you dare-devil high-fly all over the place, its only a matter of time before you crash and burn. Sad shit.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »
Yes true but it was from a slide...very low risk...

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 11:37:24 AM »
Agreed on everything.

Cole as a dude is pretty decent from what I've heard but Vince is killing the announce team. Sometimes  I have to mute the TV.

Love watching smackdown just to listen to Mauro Renallo.

That guy is great.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 04:35:12 AM »
Yes true but it was from a slide...very low risk...
Funny how shit happens...a lot of these injuries all look harmless...look at HHH's first quad tear...that says it all.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 11:36:55 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cagesideseats.com/platform/amp/wwe/2016/3/15/11241302/neville-injury-chris-jericho-charles-robinson-shouting-match-video-breakdown-raw?client

Jericho took control, I guess the AJ call out was impromptu.... if you can believe that anything is done on the fly.

I was watching the video on this the other day, good job by Jericho.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 09:10:59 PM »
Damn now there is word that Bray Wyatt was recently injured.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 11:42:34 AM »

Saw something about this... Seemed to be some sort of leg injury.

Any word on the Kalisto injury from Monday? I was in attendance and a part of me thought it was a work because they didn't bring anyone out to help him immediately, and they walked him back, but I've seen nothing else from it.

*Edit*

Apparently he has made some appearances and is on Smackdown tonight, so if it was a real injury, it was minor.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 04:29:31 AM »
He is but he's wrestling through it.
See...had these guys been on regular dosed steroids and pain killers there wouldn't be the injuries you see regularly today  ;D