Author Topic: Melania Trump  (Read 21125 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Melania Trump
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2016, 10:48:43 AM »
Donald Trump can’t stop saying nasty things about women. It could cost him.
By Jose A. DelReal and Jenna Johnson
March 24, 2016

A nasty feud that escalated Thursday between Donald Trump and his chief Republican rival over their wives set off a new wave of alarm among establishment Republicans, who fear that the GOP front-runner would drive away female voters in a general-election fight with likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Trump’s gender problem flared again this week as he and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas traded insults while Cruz’s wife, Heidi, became the target of vitriol on social media from Trump and his supporters. At one point, the real estate mogul retweeted an unflattering image contrasting Heidi Cruz’s appearance with his wife, Melania, a retired model.

“The images are worth a thousand words,” read the caption on the photo that Trump retweeted to his 7.2 million followers.

That message and others have prompted an outcry among Republicans and Democrats alike, while Cruz said Thursday that “real men don’t bully women.”

“Our spouses and our children are off-bounds,” Cruz told reporters while campaigning in Dane, Wis. “It is not acceptable for a big, loud New York bully to attack my wife. It is not acceptable for him to make insults, to send nasty tweets.”

A screen grab of a tweet showing Heidi Cruz, left, and Melania Trump, right, that was retweeted by Donald Trump on Wednesday.
He added: “Donald, you’re a sniveling coward. Leave Heidi the hell alone.”

The altercation underscores the striking nastiness of the GOP primary race and the uncomfortable gender politics surrounding Trump, who has a long history of making incendiary remarks about women and their appearance. Trump has shown little reluctance in attacking his female rivals — or some of his rivals’ spouses — in ways that strike many as sexist or demeaning, and many fear that the insults are a harbinger of the gutter rhetoric to come if he faces Clinton in November.

Trump has called Clinton “very shrill,” belittles her for a lack of stamina and energy, and late last year jabbed her and husband, Bill Clinton, for the latter’s marital indiscretions while he was president. In another instance, Trump said Hillary Clinton “got schlonged” in her 2008 primary fight against then-Sen. Barack Obama.

“I have some very real concerns should he become the nominee. I think it would be catastrophic for our party,” said GOP strategist Katie Packer, who leads the Our Principles PAC, an anti-Trump super PAC. “Half of the reason why I’m fighting so hard to stop Donald Trump is because I think he’s a walking, talking stereotype of a sexist misogynistic pig.”

Polling shows Trump sliding among women in recent months, hurting the GOP’s already shaky position with that demographic. Trump’s favorability numbers have decreased 10 points among women nationwide since November, to 23 percent, while his unfavorable number among women has jumped to 75 percent from 64 percent, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll taken this month.

The changes among men have been less pronounced, with 37 percent now favorable and 59 percent unfavorable. In the states that have voted so far, Trump received an average of 41 percent of the male vote and 34 percent of the female vote.

The fight with Cruz began earlier this week when Make America Awesome, an anti-Trump super PAC, circulated ads on Facebook featuring a risque photograph of Melania Trump from a 15-year-old British GQ photo shoot. It was part of a concerted push to diminish the billionaire among values voters in Utah.

“Meet Melania Trump. Your next first lady. Or, you could support Ted Cruz on Tuesday,” the ad read.

Trump, who went on to lose the Utah caucuses, excoriated Cruz and issued a threat via Twitter: “Be careful, Lyin’ Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!”

Trump — who wrongly alleges that Cruz was behind the ad — defended the tweet Wednesday on Fox Business Network, saying it was a “disgraceful” and “terrible thing” that demeaned his wife, “a very, very successful model.”

Then came Wednesday night, when Trump retweeted the unflattering image of Heidi Cruz, setting off a fresh series of condemnations.

To Trump’s critics, the attacks on Cruz are just the latest in a troubling pattern of reducing women to their physical appearance and disparaging them in exceptionally personal ways.

Exhibit A is the long-running on-again, off-again feud with Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, whom Trump called “crazy” and “average in so many ways” in a series of tweets last week. Fox News said the name-calling is part of a “sick obsession” that “is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate.”

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), a former presidential candidate and an outspoken critic of Trump, said Thursday on MSNBC, “I’m worried that young women think that the standard-bearer of the Republican Party believes that Megyn Kelly is a bimbo.”

GOP strategists fear that Trump clinching the nomination could present an opportunity for Democrats, who are poised to choose the first female presidential nominee and who in past elections have accused Republicans of waging a “war on women” over access to affordable women’s health care, abortion rights and pay equity.

Trump’s treatment and views of women have been a central issue throughout his presidential campaign. At the first GOP debate, in August, Trump berated Kelly for asking him about past insults of women and singled out actress Rosie O’Donnell as the specific woman he referred to as a “fat pig.” A month later, Trump criticized the appearance of rival Carly Fiorina, the only woman who sought the GOP nomination. “Look at that face,” he told Rolling Stone magazine. “Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?”

Marcy Stech, communications director at Emily’s List, which has endorsed Clinton, said “the Republican base might find this amusing, but the reality is that these are just the kinds of misogynistic and outrageous comments that will cause lasting damage with women voters.”

She added: “We’ll have plenty of opportunities to remind women voters of this moment even after today’s news cycle has blown over.”

Packer said Trump’s standing with female voters could also endanger the GOP’s hold on the Senate or even the House. At the same time, Packer said, she thinks the anti-Trump movement could prevent the party from being branded by Trump alone.

“Hillary Clinton is very, very vulnerable among this group of women that she needs to have as her base: independent women, and soft Republican women. She’s very vulnerable with them today,” Packer said. “Should we nominate Donald Trump, they will flock to her because they see him as someone who’s repulsive. And it’s not just about so-called ‘women’s issues,’ it’s about how he values women and about how he’s willing to make women feel to benefit himself.”

For months Trump has defended himself against accusations of being offensive to women, saying that he hits all his challengers equally. He labeled former Florida governor Jeb Bush “low energy” and sought to diminish Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida with the nickname “Little Marco.”

“I’d hit you the same way,” Trump told NBC’s Chuck Todd in February when pressed on the issue. “I mean, you are the perfect one to ask that question — you have been, you know, under fire from me for a long time, and you are far from a woman.”

“I think there are some women — there’s one sitting right over there in the beautiful red dress. You see that woman over there? I have great respect for that woman over there,” he said, as Todd clarified to viewers that Trump was talking about veteran reporter Andrea Mitchell.

“I have great respect for that woman,” he said. “And I don’t know that she knows I’m talking about her. I’m talking about you. I would never do that to you.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-cant-stop-saying-nasty-things-about-women-it-could-cost-him/2016/03/24/51a0ee82-f1d7-11e5-85a6-2132cf446d0a_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpgender835p%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 11:06:17 AM »
Quite the hypocrisy. Beach Bum/Dos Equis starts another Trump thread attacking Trump's wife and posting this:

and then this:

Yet a few posts down he says "classless" when Trump retweeted this:

Typical.
Maybe Dos Equis is working for Liz Mair.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 11:07:03 AM »
Quite the hypocrisy. Beach Bum/Dos Equis starts another Trump thread attacking Trump's wife and posting this:

and then this:

Typical.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »
Gutter politics.

Trump Spokeswoman: 'Quite Simple to Spill the Beans on Heidi Cruz'
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Friday, 25 Mar 2016

It's "quite simple to spill the beans on Heidi Cruz," as "her entire career has been spent working against everything Ted Cruz says that he stands for," Katrina Pierson, Donald Trump's campaign spokesperson, said Friday.

"She's a Bush operative," Pierson told MSNBC Friday morning. "She worked for the architect of NAFTA, which has killed millions of jobs in this country. She was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, who Cruz's own words called a nest of snakes.

"And, she's been working for Goldman Sachs, the same global bank Ted Cruz left off of his financial disclosure and also has chairman on the board of the Federal Reserve, which is something Sen. Cruz promised to audit, and didn't show up for the vote."

Trump had threatened to expose Cruz's wife, without stating specifics, after an anti-Trump super PAC posted a nude photograph of his wife, Meliana, from 16 years ago, when she posed for British GQ magazine. 

Thursday, the feud between the two GOP presidential candidates heated up even further, when Cruz called Trump a "sniveling coward" and warned him to "leave Heidi the hell alone."

Pierson, though, on Friday defended Trump, saying that it was his wife that came under attack first, but then after Trump stood up for her, "all of a sudden, there's this faux attack on Heidi Cruz."

"It may not have been directly from the Cruz campaign, but this super PAC was operating on behalf of Ted Cruz, Pierson said of the initial advertising, which was aimed at Utah voters.  From the beginning, since Mr. Trump entered the race, he disavowed all super PACs."

She said she does not believe the controversy, meanwhile, will hurt Trump among women voters.

"We have been hearing this for a very long time," she said. "He has been winning women and he's going to continue winning women because women care more about the education of their children, their safety and security and their jobs in this country."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/katrina-pierson-trump-heidi-cruz-feud/2016/03/25/id/720885/#ixzz43wIRpcmm

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 11:51:05 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »

and then this:

Typical.

He does that shit over and over.   He keeps posting this same half naked pic, pretending to be outraged.  Trolling.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 09:48:36 AM »
Dirty old man.

Chris Matthews caught checking out Melania Trump on hot mic
By HANNA TRUDO 05/04/16

Mathews has been critical of the Manhattan billionaire's stances on women’s issues. | AP Photo

MSNBC host Chris Matthews was caught gushing over Melania Trump’s physical appearance while still wearing his microphone.

“Did you see her walk? Runway walk. My God is that good,” Matthews said of Donald Trump’s wife during the network's live coverage of Indiana’s primary on Tuesday night.

“I could watch that runway show,” he added, seemingly unaware that he was being recorded.

Following the “Hardball” host’s comments, co-anchor Brian Williams quickly moved to a commercial.

Mathews has been critical of the Manhattan billionaire's stances on women’s issues, including his remark — which was swiftly retracted — that women who have abortions should be punished.

Matthews' comments were first noted by Variety, which obtained the following statement from Mrs. Trump: “Melania Trump is an accomplished businesswoman and entrepreneur in her own right, achieving tremendous success in a variety of industries, including an illustrious modeling career, as well as being a dedicated wife and mother. It is unfortunate to see the continuous inaccuracies and misrepresentations made by the media of Mrs. Trump as anything less than the independently successful woman that she is.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/chris-matthews-melania-trump-222827#ixzz47tXqNdpr

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2016, 09:51:17 AM »
You'd think with all Trump's money he could have gotten his wife a better boob job

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »
We love Melania, she's a great mother, she speaks 5 different languages, she has a degree in architecture....this woman is not an airhead and she would make a terrific first lady.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 09:30:22 AM »
Melania Trump’s Claims She Graduated From College Are About As Credible As Her Speech Last Night
“She became ― and remained ― a college dropout.”
07/19/2016
Christina Wilkie 
National Political Reporter, The Huffington Post

Melania Trump’s professional biography says the wife of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump began modeling at age 16, but she only began working full-time after obtaining a degree. She graduated “in design and architecture at University in Slovenia,” according to the bio as of Monday night:

It’s a good story, but it doesn’t appear to be true.

Melania Trump never earned a university degree in architecture ― she dropped out of college after her freshman year, according to her biographers.  Still, she claims to have a degree from “university in Slovenia.”

Questions about her education grew more significant Tuesday morning, following the revelation that Melania Trump plagiarized parts of her speech to the Republican National Convention from one that First Lady Michelle Obama gave in 2008.

That revelation on Monday raised the question of whether there was anything else Melania Trump hadn’t been entirely truthful about.

Slovenian journalists Bojan Pozar and Igor Omerza wrote in their biography on the former fashion model that she “became ― and remained ― a college dropout” after leaving the University of Ljubljana’s architecture school following her freshman year.

Below is their account of this period of her life in the book, Melania Trump ― The Inside Story: From a Slovenian Communist Village to the White House:

In her freshman year, the 19-year old Melanija Knavs attended lectures on the following subjects: elements of architecture, fine arts, fundamentals of technical mechanics, architectural construction, descriptive geometry, mathematics, and an ideological (read “communist”) elective credit called “General Partisan Resistance and Social Self-protection”. Melanija would have made it to her sophomore year, even having failed 2 exams, but she was supposed to have gotten and held a 1-month internship and kept a journal about it.

Later, in America, after meeting Donald Trump and officially becoming his partner, Melania Knauss told the media that she got her degree in architecture and design. This was almost certainly done in consultation with Trump and his advisors, as they were desperate to give off the impression that the Slovenian model was not just beautiful, but also smart and well-educated.

A spokeswoman for the Trump campaign declined to comment early Tuesday on Melania Trump’s claim that she has a university degree.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melania-trump-college-claims_us_578dd95ce4b0c53d5cfac0dc?section=

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 10:07:57 AM »
Props for the honest article, dos Equis. 

They have continually bragged about her college degree.  It is a lie. Lying in such an obvious manner... I think it's deliberate.  Tanking this campaign for wedding buddy. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 11:49:22 AM »
Props for the honest article, dos Equis. 

They have continually bragged about her college degree.  It is a lie. Lying in such an obvious manner... I think it's deliberate.  Tanking this campaign for wedding buddy. 

LOL @ "wedding buddy"

yeah, just something you do for a wedding buddy

They blatant plagiarism is due to profound stupidity and incompetence on the part of the Trump campaign.   I wouldn't be suprised to find out one of his kids "wrote" this speech and didnt' have a fucking clue how obvious their plagiarism would be.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 12:26:52 PM »
They blatant plagiarism is due to profound stupidity and incompetence on the part of the Trump campaign.   I wouldn't be suprised to find out one of his kids "wrote" this speech and didnt' have a fucking clue how obvious their plagiarism would be.

Coach thinks profound stupidity & incompetence will make America great again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 01:08:13 PM »
LOL @ "wedding buddy"

yeah, just something you do for a wedding buddy

They blatant plagiarism is due to profound stupidity and incompetence on the part of the Trump campaign.   I wouldn't be suprised to find out one of his kids "wrote" this speech and didnt' have a fucking clue how obvious their plagiarism would be.

Same as obama lied about his mother and dad being married right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 12:28:17 PM »
Trump Staff Writer Admits Cribbing Melania's Speech From Michelle Obama

Image: Trump Staff Writer Admits Cribbing Melania's Speech From Michelle Obama  (Alex Wong/Getty Images) 
By Newsmax Wires   |    Wednesday, 20 Jul 2016

A writer in GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump's organization admitted Wednesday she made a "mistake" in using Michelle Obama's words in the speech she prepared for Melania Trump to deliver at the Republican National Convention

Meredith McIver, a Trump Organization "in-house staff writer at the Trump Organization," said in a statement that she was responsible for including passages from a speech Obama delivered at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

The accusations of plagiarism sparked by the speech dominated much coverage of the RNC for days.

McKiver said Melania Trump read her some of Obama's lines over the phone as inspiration during the writing process.

"I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech," McIver wrote, The Miami Herald reports.

"I did not check Mrs. Obama's speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant."

McIver said she offered her resignation Tuesday, but Trump rejected it.

The Trump campaign had denied accusations of plagiarism, saying the similarities were coincidence.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/melania-trump-speech-speechwriter-michelle-obama/2016/07/20/id/739632/#ixzz4EykEGdvE

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 12:41:54 PM »
hannity denied any plagiarism yesterday.   Today it was 'inadvertent' and 'accidental'.

They diffuse the story now.  Waiting almost 44 hours to release this info?   Maybe they were making it up.  It happens to be a woman, family friend, comes out of nowhere and takes all the blame for it?   

Weird that an english major with major writing experience botches a 250 word speech in such a manner?   After studying past speeches, she doesn't recognize some amazing wording that matches word for word?

I don't find it believable.  I doubt most would.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 12:47:31 PM »
Trump Staff Writer Admits Cribbing Melania's Speech From Michelle Obama

Image: Trump Staff Writer Admits Cribbing Melania's Speech From Michelle Obama  (Alex Wong/Getty Images) 
By Newsmax Wires   |    Wednesday, 20 Jul 2016

A writer in GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump's organization admitted Wednesday she made a "mistake" in using Michelle Obama's words in the speech she prepared for Melania Trump to deliver at the Republican National Convention

Meredith McIver, a Trump Organization "in-house staff writer at the Trump Organization," said in a statement that she was responsible for including passages from a speech Obama delivered at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

The accusations of plagiarism sparked by the speech dominated much coverage of the RNC for days.

McKiver said Melania Trump read her some of Obama's lines over the phone as inspiration during the writing process.

"I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech," McIver wrote, The Miami Herald reports.

"I did not check Mrs. Obama's speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant."

McIver said she offered her resignation Tuesday, but Trump rejected it.

The Trump campaign had denied accusations of plagiarism, saying the similarities were coincidence.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/melania-trump-speech-speechwriter-michelle-obama/2016/07/20/id/739632/#ixzz4EykEGdvE

WTF, is she a Hillary plant?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »
Melania and the Don are plants by unnamed people to help Hillary get elected.  But only to tinfoil hat dummies. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2016, 07:56:31 PM »
Melania Trump’s Website, Biography Have Disappeared From The Internet

Source: Huffington Post

The professional website of Melania Trump, wife of the Republican presidential nominee, has apparently been deleted from the internet as of Wednesday afternoon.

The disappearance of Trump’s elaborate website comes just days after news outlets, including The Huffington Post, raised serious questions about whether she actually earned an undergraduate degree in architecture from the University of Ljubljana, which is in Trump’s native Slovenia. Her online biography claimed she had, but a book about her life published earlier this year says she left the university after one year so she could pursue a modeling career.

Embellishing Trump’s educational achievements in her online biography “was almost certainly done in consultation with Trump and his advisors, as they were desperate to give off the impression that the Slovenian model was not just beautiful, but also smart and well-educated,” according to Melania Trump: The Inside Story, an unauthorized biography of the potential first lady.

Questions about Trump’s educational background gained a new sense of urgency last week, after she delivered a keynote at the Republican National Convention that had been plagiarized from a speech current first lady Michelle Obama gave at the Democratic National Convention in 2008.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melania-trump-biography-deleted_us_57990c1ae4b02d5d5ed3fed9?section=

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2016, 08:02:36 PM »
Coach thinks profound stupidity & incompetence will make America great again.

Obama anyone?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2016, 08:09:04 PM »
Obama anyone?

only a stupid person would think obama is stupid.

Obama is ego maniacal, evil, liberal, selfish, deceptive, and a little crazy....

But "profound stupidity"?   Bush wasn't, Obama isn't.   Dumb men don't become president.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2016, 08:50:09 PM »
only a stupid person would think obama is stupid.

Obama is ego maniacal, evil, liberal, selfish, deceptive, and a little crazy....

But "profound stupidity"?   Bush wasn't, Obama isn't.   Dumb men don't become president.

Stupid and incompetent policies since day one starting with "cash for klunkers" to Obamacare.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2016, 08:54:03 PM »
Stupid and incompetent policies since day one starting with "cash for klunkers" to Obamacare.

LOL, oh yeah, that cash for clunkers was awesome for laughs, i remember that.   i didn't watch much of the RNC, just a bit.  havne't watched any of the DNC train wreck.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
 :-\

Melania Trump’s girl-on-girl photos from racy shoot revealed
By Isabel Vincent
August 1, 2016

http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania-trumps-girl-on-girl-photos-from-racy-shoot-revealed/