Author Topic: IFBB pro Beau Baisden - kidney failure  (Read 27562 times)

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Re: IFBB pro Beau Baisden - kidney failure
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »
"No regrets"...Are you insane?.....Kidney dialysis is hell on Earth.....

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2016, 07:58:13 AM »
The journey to Tier 1 is worth any risk

He was tier 4   :-*

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2016, 08:05:27 AM »
FWIW, people eat themselves into kidney failure and dialysis on a daily basis.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2016, 08:22:19 AM »
A respectable  310. lol

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2016, 08:42:06 AM »
You're confusing impressionable with willfully ignorant and stupid.

People are willing to sacrifice their health for results. No more, no less.
Think about when you were 16... Even if you didn't consider it gospel, you probably put some stock into what "everyone was saying" and the truth is no bodybuilders are out there saying they even do steroids when they are on their deathbed!

I remember when the Tom Prince article in Flex came out... I KNEW he took steroids but I didn't know the reality was he was a hardcore drug addict. Even if I didn't totally buy the "advil abuse" bullshit I was still woefully in the dark as to how shitty the lifestyle of an IFBB pro is and how utterly unhealthy it is. It defies logic that one of these fuckers hasn't railed against drug abuse as it kills them.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 08:47:11 AM »
Think about when you were 16... Even if you didn't consider it gospel, you probably put some stock into what "everyone was saying" and the truth is no bodybuilders are out there saying they even do steroids when they are on their deathbed!

I remember when the Tom Prince article in Flex came out... I KNEW he took steroids but I didn't know the reality was he was a hardcore drug addict. Even if I didn't totally buy the "advil abuse" bullshit I was still woefully in the dark as to how shitty the lifestyle of an IFBB pro is and how utterly unhealthy it is. It defies logic that one of these fuckers hasn't railed against drug abuse as it kills them.

In this day and age, everyone knows. It's like cigarette smoking.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 08:49:00 AM »

So?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 09:13:10 AM »
Its actually quite sad that, despite knowing his fate, he kept on doing that to his body. Inner demons.

X

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 09:13:33 AM »
In this day and age, everyone knows. It's like cigarette smoking.

If only that were true.  Look how many fell for Trump University...  Look how many young people continue to fall for the for-profit universities...  Look how many people still buy muscle mags... A sucker is born every minute.  :'(

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 09:29:17 AM »
Pushing 310 lbs. The body/organs can only handle so much of that abuse.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 10:06:47 AM »
http://www.diabetesnet.com/about-diabetes/diabetes-complications/kidney-disease/stages-and-reversal

Stages Of Kidney Disease:
Kidney damage goes through stages that can be monitored with standard lab tests:

1. Microalbuminuria occurs when trace amounts of a protein called albumin begin to leak through the damaged filtering structures of the kidneys. The presence of microalbumin in the urine is often an early warning of kidney disease, but can also be present for other reasons. Normal values on this test are less than 15 to 30 mg/l. The important microalbumin test should be done at least yearly in those who have had diabetes for five years or longer.
The test will help those who have had diabetes a relatively short time but have already started to spill microalbumin. As kidney damage progresses, microalbumin spillage will rise above 200 mg/l and be followed by:

2. Proteinuria is the spillage of larger quantities of protein. A standard urinalysis will pick up this spillage (normal is less than 100-150 mg/day, depending on the lab). As damage progresses and protein levels reach about 2000-4000 mg/day, proteinuria is followed by:

3. A rising blood creatinine. Creatinine is a normal breakdown product from muscle which the kidneys cleanse from blood (a normal creatinine is 1.1-1.3 mg/dl or less, depending on the lab). As damaged kidneys have more trouble cleansing the blood, creatinine levels rise. After a gradual buildup, toxins in the blood reach a critical stage (usually at a creatinine level between 3 and 8). This critical stage requires:

4. Dialysis or a kidney transplant. These technologies replace the severely damaged kidneys in cleansing the blood. Transplant organs are scare and the operations are costly. Dialysis is disruptive to one's lifestyle and can cost $25,000 to $45,000 each year.

A creatinine level over 8?  Dude's in critical condition. 

Is there anything one can do to reverse kidney damage? Say you are at the point where you have leakage. Then what? As I understand it the kidneys, unlike the liver, doesn't regenerate itself. All you can do it slow the progression of damage.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »
That doesn't make Baisden any less of a moron for knowingly destroying his kidneys.  At least he didn't start a gofundme....yet

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 10:13:37 AM »
Kidneys are overrated.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 10:45:08 AM »
You may donate freely, but right now it is illegal to sell a kidney.  There is talk about lifting this restriction and allowing kidneys to be sold (we already allow paid plasma, sperm, and egg donation).  If kidneys could be sold, it is estimated that one would sell for $50-$80k.  We all have two kidneys, but most healthy people can live a normal life with just one.  So, if you could donate one kidney and live with just one… would you sell and pocket the coin?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 10:47:59 AM »
Beau will NOT stop juicing now, that's a guarantee.
No one this deep into the game ever stops, they'd rather die.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 10:48:13 AM »
You may donate freely, but right now it is illegal to sell a kidney.  There is talk about lifting this restriction and allowing kidneys to be sold (we already allow paid plasma, sperm, and egg donation).  If kidneys could be sold, it is estimated that one would sell for $50-$80k.  We all have two kidneys, but most healthy people can live a normal life with just one.  So, if you could donate one kidney and live with just one… would you sell and pocket the coin?
you can go to the middle east or some shitty "developing country" and get one for way less than that.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2016, 10:52:58 AM »

No.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:32 AM »

Unless its a direct family member who needs it (parent or brother, in my case), then its a no.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 11:19:25 AM »

Sadly true in most cases, Tom Prince excluded

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 11:35:10 AM »
Sadly true in most cases, Tom Prince excluded

Even Tom tried competing when deathly ill. I remember him dropping out of a pro show when his lungs kept filling up with fluid backstage due to the kidney failure.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »

true...

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »
All that's missing is for pellius to post about how this guy leads a better life than any of us

Another cum gulper whose feeling I must have hurt.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2016, 12:11:22 PM »
rip.... :'(               at least he's not crying or bitching about the choices he made good for him on that count. :D
F

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2016, 12:12:11 PM »

One of the must unjust policies ever.

Everybody in the transplant process makes money. Everybody except the actual donor.

I wouldn't donate a kidney but I can see someone in such a desperate situation that they would. But it doesn't matter if they are desperate for cash or just want a fancy car. It's none of my business. It's their body and they can do whatever they want with it.