Author Topic: Trump will punish women that get abortions  (Read 1498 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Trump will punish women that get abortions
« on: March 30, 2016, 09:52:11 PM »
Interesting.   Bold.  Cruz won't touch this one, but Trump did!

The Daily Trail: Donald Trump's week was bad. Today it got worse.
The Washington Post

Donald Trump likes to say he's running a campaign unlike any other. He's willing to do the things other candidates won't.

Sometimes there's a reason nobody's touching the hot stove.

Today, the GOP front-runner learned what happens when a candidate goes off-script on abortion.

The remarks came while Trump was being asked by MSNBC’s Chris Matthews during a pre-taped town hall about the practical implications of banning abortion nationwide. Matthews specifically pressed Trump on the criminal consequences women would face for seeking abortions if Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion nationwide, were overturned.

“This is not something you can dodge. If you say abortion is a crime or abortion is murder, you have to deal with it under the law. Should abortion be punished?" Matthews said.

"The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment," Trump said as Matthews pushed him for specifics.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Trump will punish women that get abortions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:59:52 PM »
Interesting.   Bold.  Cruz won't touch this one, but Trump did!

The Daily Trail: Donald Trump's week was bad. Today it got worse.
The Washington Post

Donald Trump likes to say he's running a campaign unlike any other. He's willing to do the things other candidates won't.

Sometimes there's a reason nobody's touching the hot stove.

Today, the GOP front-runner learned what happens when a candidate goes off-script on abortion.

The remarks came while Trump was being asked by MSNBC’s Chris Matthews during a pre-taped town hall about the practical implications of banning abortion nationwide. Matthews specifically pressed Trump on the criminal consequences women would face for seeking abortions if Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion nationwide, were overturned.

“This is not something you can dodge. If you say abortion is a crime or abortion is murder, you have to deal with it under the law. Should abortion be punished?" Matthews said.

"The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment," Trump said as Matthews pushed him for specifics.

I hate shit like this.

What is the point of having laws if there is no punishment for people who break them?

I don't think what Trump said was that radical.  He said "some form of punishment".  He's not advocating executing them by firing squad.

If you don't like the law, then change the law but you can't classify certain people as being immune from any punishment when they break the law.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 04:26:33 AM »
I hate shit like this.

What is the point of having laws if there is no punishment for people who break them?

I don't think what Trump said was that radical.  He said "some form of punishment".  He's not advocating executing them by firing squad.

If you don't like the law, then change the law but you can't classify certain people as being immune from any punishment when they break the law.

x2!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 08:12:24 AM »
Abortion is legal so I have no idea WTF he's talking about....scarier is that neither does he. If you listen to how Mathews phrases it....they make it sound more like the current status quo as opposed to a hypothetical future ban on abortion. Trump says some crap about "some in the republican party think there should be" ..who exactly? Nobody has ever said punish the women...they just want it overturned as an option. He just has no idea what to say about anything really.
L

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 09:40:46 AM »
Abortion is legal so I have no idea WTF he's talking about....scarier is that neither does he. If you listen to how Mathews phrases it....they make it sound more like the current status quo as opposed to a hypothetical future ban on abortion. Trump says some crap about "some in the republican party think there should be" ..who exactly? Nobody has ever said punish the women...they just want it overturned as an option. He just has no idea what to say about anything really.

Trump is famous for using the "other people are doing it" or "I heard some people saying" crap to avoid giving his stance. Hadn't heard that used this much since I left grade school. Trump hasn't thought any issue through past "I'll build a wall and mexico will pay for it " or "Make America Great Again" its no  surprise that when someone actually questions him on specifics he sounds like an idiot. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:14:02 PM »
Trump is famous for using the "other people are doing it" or "I heard some people saying" crap to avoid giving his stance. Hadn't heard that used this much since I left grade school. Trump hasn't thought any issue through past "I'll build a wall and mexico will pay for it " or "Make America Great Again" its no  surprise that when someone actually questions him on specifics he sounds like an idiot. 

FOX news created the "Some people say...." followed by an introduction of any lie or distortion they want.  They use it daily.

Trump knows it works.  He uses those alinsky tactics regularly and suddenly repubs aren't mad about Saul Alinsky anymore ;)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »
I'm no Trump supporter, I think he is a shitty candidate that is going to directly or indirectly hand this election over to the Democunts.

That said, I hate this question, the phrasing of it and the slick "gottcha" point behind asking it.

Trump should have said "Yes, I would hypothetically punish anyone who hypothetically broke the law, next question"

This whole thing is stupid.  Abortion is legal, case closed.  Some of us may not like it(and I don't) but tough shit.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 08:50:08 AM »
I'm no Trump supporter, I think he is a shitty candidate that is going to directly or indirectly hand this election over to the Democunts.

That said, I hate this question, the phrasing of it and the slick "gottcha" point behind asking it.

Trump should have said "Yes, I would hypothetically punish anyone who hypothetically broke the law, next question"

This whole thing is stupid.  Abortion is legal, case closed.  Some of us may not like it(and I don't) but tough shit.

I'm with you.. I think Trump is an atrocious candidate for President. There are a ton of things you can refer to in order to make that case.. this really isn't one of them. He was blustered because he doesn't like anything more than surface questions because he himself hasn't thought them through. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and easily torn apart when cornered and he is not allowed to bully to avoid answering.. so he painted himself in a corner and didn't explain himself well. I felt that response was no big deal. There are many examples in law where both the person getting the item and the person selling the item are charged.. so IF abortions were banned and made illegal, its only reasonable to say both the doctor and the patient would be held accountable. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 08:59:14 AM »
I think Trump is a Patriot but lacks the qualities to be a Leader. He is loud and outspoken and unfortunately he speaks before he thinks. You have to think long term and Diplomatic relations with the rest of the World.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »
I think Trump is a Patriot but lacks the qualities to be a Leader. He is loud and outspoken and unfortunately he speaks before he thinks. You have to think long term and Diplomatic relations with the rest of the World.

Completely agree. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »

most people who admire his bold and brash style don't think about international relations.

they're all about public feuds with tv hosts and 'owning' other leaders in twitter wars.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 11:35:22 PM »
I think Trump is very useful because he's showing Republicans how to handle the hostile biased assholes in the media.  Most Republicans seem scared shitless of the press.  They try to be likeable and kiss their asses all the while accepting their false premises and their trap questions.  Trump showed everyone how to get the better of these phaggotts.

I don't think you can have him as the President though.  I want a leader with actual core beliefs, good judgement and the correct temperament.  Strong and bold, but not an obnoxious prick.  Someone who respects the Constitution and will pick the right cabinet members and appoint the right judges.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 11:34:54 PM »
Is this guy really this stupid?

Trump: When I Said ‘Punishment,’ I Meant Women Should Punish Themselves for Abortion

http://www.mediaite.com/print/trump-when-i-said-punishment-i-meant-women-should-punish-themselves-for-abortion/

by Alex Griswold

In a New York Times profile of Donald Trump‘s campaign, the candidate walked back his comments to MSNBC’s Chris Matthews that women should receive “some form of punishment” if they seek an abortion, saying he actually wanted women to punish themselves.

“I didn’t mean punishment for women like prison,” he said. “I’m saying women punish themselves. I didn’t want people to think in terms of ‘prison’ punishment. And because of that I walked it back.”

But the Times reporter Robert Draper dug around and got the real story. Trump “initially saw nothing wrong with his remark and refused to walk it back,” and issued a short noncommittal statement. Trump suddenly changed his mind when he was swamped with questions and requests for comment from over a hundred media outlets.

He then turned to his ally New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and got his team to write another statement. The result was what the public saw: two separate statements with completely contradictory responses released within an hour of each other.