Author Topic: Trump goes to RNC HQ  (Read 888 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Trump goes to RNC HQ
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:06:39 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-has-surprise-sitdown-with-the-rnc-185207923.html

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. After weeks of everybody wondering why the RNC would exclude their leading candidate from the process, Trump goes to the RNC headquarters. This is significant I think. Trump made them come to Trump Tower to sign the loyalty pledge but HE went to the RNC this time.

So....does Trump/Cruz 2016 sound crazy now???

If Trump and Cruz joined up then the RNC has a strong foothold in Trump's cabinet, which is a bird in the hand and not two in the bush. No pun intended....well maybe a little.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Trump goes to RNC HQ
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 02:10:17 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donald-trump-has-surprise-sitdown-with-the-rnc-185207923.html

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. After weeks of everybody wondering why the RNC would exclude their leading candidate from the process, Trump goes to the RNC headquarters. This is significant I think. Trump made them come to Trump Tower to sign the loyalty pledge but HE went to the RNC this time.

So....does Trump/Cruz 2016 sound crazy now???

If Trump and Cruz joined up then the RNC has a strong foothold in Trump's cabinet, which is a bird in the hand and not two in the bush. No pun intended....well maybe a little.

Yes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »
Trump may have to accept Ted.  He sure as heck won't want him.  Trumps just running to lose anyway. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 05:52:34 PM »
Yes.

Trump comes out of the meeting saying it was a nice talk and that he's a "uniter". That sounds like the RNC actually did some math.

You think Ted wouldn't take VP if the RNC gave its blessings?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »

Trump comes out of the meeting saying it was a nice talk and that he's a "uniter". That sounds like the RNC actually did some math.

You think Ted wouldn't take VP if the RNC gave its blessings?

I doubt it.  It has been too nasty.  I think Trump would tap Carson to solidify the "outsider" ticket.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 06:42:07 PM »
Trump thinks all his opponents are LOSERS...even the ones who have endorsed him

I don't he would pick any of them as VP

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 06:55:02 PM »
I doubt it.  It has been too nasty.  I think Trump would tap Carson to solidify the "outsider" ticket.   
Let's hope so

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 09:02:30 PM »
Trump thinks all his opponents are LOSERS...even the ones who have endorsed him

I don't he would pick any of them as VP

You guys all miss the point. This is about making a deal. Everything changes at the end when you make the deal. Even the RNC finally figured this out.

Now, does Trump want Cruz? Nope. He would probably take Giuliani or Carson.

Would he however take Cruz or Kasich as VP to avoid a brokered convention? I would say yes. In the end he looks like a uniter and tones things down for the general election with the exception of hitting Hillary on her many weak points. The art of the deal. Don't underestimate it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 10:14:07 PM »
Trump Carson would be such a laughable ticket. 

They'd give Hilary the White House. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 10:19:12 PM »
Trump said he actually liked Rubio until he started in with his Don Rickles routine.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 11:57:07 PM »
Trump Carson would be such a laughable ticket. 

They'd give Hilary the White House. 

Right, but the threat of that ticket makes the RNC play ball. That's what I'm saying here. The art of the deal. So he mends fences with Cruz "for the good of the country" and how formidable of a ticket would that be?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 10:24:35 AM »
Trump said he actually liked Rubio until he started in with his Don Rickles routine.

Who actually believes anything Trump says? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 09:57:12 PM »
Right, but the threat of that ticket makes the RNC play ball. That's what I'm saying here. The art of the deal. So he mends fences with Cruz "for the good of the country" and how formidable of a ticket would that be?

it could very well happen - and it'd be a train wreck.

Trump choosing a veep that brings no new states (TX), whose citizenship he's doubted.

Trump doesn't grab a swing state that he'd get with kasick or rubio, and he looks like shit because he'd appoint a canadian veep, OR he was lying to us all along when he pretended Ted Cru was not legit to run due to birth.

Trump is just too flawed.  By design.  Dude is in this race to give hilary the white house.  Whether he does it with a half-assed 3rd party campaign in two dozen states, or he does it by hideously underperforming as the GOP candidate, he has already pissed off enough people to hand the election to Hilary.

It's not new and unique anymore - it's just plain and annoying when he promises all these things.  BUT the repub base was ignorant for 9 months previous to this, under his spell, so he has a nice chunk of the delegates now.  It's a train wreck by design, and the repubs were too stupid to recognize it when they were told over and over by George Will.