Author Topic: STAR WARS - Rogue One: A STAR WARS Story (Official Thread)  (Read 57337 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: STAR WARS - Rogue One: A STAR WARS Story (Official Thread)
« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2017, 06:33:33 AM »
I completely agree with this.  I was still blown away, but CGI on Tarkin and Leia (although fantastic) was still "off" (best I can put it).   The one thing people can recognize every facet about is people and perfecting all the slight mannerisms, skin imperfections, muscle movements, etc....is extremely challenging.  How these folks do what they did blows my mind, but yes it isn't "perfect" yet......may never be when it comes to a CGI human on screen.

The brief note I saw on it was that the CGI was layered over a real actor, to avoid what's called "dead eye effect" or something of that nature.

I thought Tarkin looked better than Leia, but I know opinions vary on that.  I wasn't convince Tarkin was CGI at first, just thought it was more of the "digital look" to the movie.

Either way, it's pretty awesome.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2017, 06:45:44 AM »
I completely agree with this.  I was still blown away, but CGI on Tarkin and Leia (although fantastic) was still "off" (best I can put it).   The one thing people can recognize every facet about is people and perfecting all the slight mannerisms, skin imperfections, muscle movements, etc....is extremely challenging.  How these folks do what they did blows my mind, but yes it isn't "perfect" yet......may never be when it comes to a CGI human on screen.

The biggest giveaway are the eyes.  The emotion seems lost.  Just dead eyes.  Like Carrie Underwood.  The Leia was awful though but looks like they didn't spend as much time perfecting it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2017, 07:05:21 AM »
The brief note I saw on it was that the CGI was layered over a real actor, to avoid what's called "dead eye effect" or something of that nature.

I thought Tarkin looked better than Leia, but I know opinions vary on that.  I wasn't convince Tarkin was CGI at first, just thought it was more of the "digital look" to the movie.

Either way, it's pretty awesome.

The biggest giveaway are the eyes.  The emotion seems lost.  Just dead eyes.  Like Carrie Underwood.  The Leia was awful though but looks like they didn't spend as much time perfecting it.

I hadn't really put my finger on it, but I think y'all are right....it's the eyes that are off.

AHAHAAHAH!!  "Like Carrie Underwood"

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #278 on: January 05, 2017, 08:54:29 PM »
I saw it last week, it was pretty good and I immediately watched the force awakens the next day to compare it to. The force awakens was garbage, even worse than any of the prequels were (I like the prequels for the most part though, unlike most).

I hope I never have to see 'Finn' again on a screen, he is such a bitch character. Actually I'd like to see him get cut in half by a lightsaber. An over dramatic white knighting little bitch. I was happy to see Rey refer to him as a friend when he clearly wants a piece of that.

Rey was a decent character though, and better than the female lead in R1 I thought. Usually I hate female leads portraying atypical behaviour and 'girl power' but the actress did a good job and played her role confidently. Would definitely hit. The male characters were pathetic though, with Han Solo even being killed off and bad guy looking like a high school nerd sans pimples. Seriously the guy was an ashton kutcher looking fella with dick lips. No homo.

The male leads in both films are shite, in fact I can't remember any of their names except the two in TFA. Actually, the characters in general were garbage; how do I know this? Because I can't fucking remember them even a week later.

I did however love the action scenes, the special effects were excellent. The plot was pretty good in R1 as well, despite a highly forgettable cast. I'd give it a 6/10 overall. I also like that a shit ton of the 'good guys' died, actually all of them pretty much. Thank god, I cant stand the stereotypical and unrealistic path movies take with this good and evil bullshit.

IF directors and writers actually gave a shit about developing meaningful characters rather than displaying aural and visual feasts in high definition, then MAYBE Hollywood would have a chance of returning to it's former glory.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2017, 06:12:49 AM »
I hope I never have to see 'Finn' again on a screen, he is such a bitch character. Actually I'd like to see him get cut in half by a lightsaber. An over dramatic white knighting little bitch. I was happy to see Rey refer to him as a friend when he clearly wants a piece of that.

It's rumored that Finn will have a relationship with Poe Dameron.

Poe didn't tell Finn that his jacket looked good on him for nothing.
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2017, 06:17:04 AM »
Rey was a decent character though, and better than the female lead in R1 I thought. Usually I hate female leads portraying atypical behaviour and 'girl power' but the actress did a good job and played her role confidently. Would definitely hit.
Rey is taking the training seriously and getting quite decent glutes for Ep 8.

Q

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #281 on: January 06, 2017, 06:56:26 AM »
I saw it last week, it was pretty good and I immediately watched the force awakens the next day to compare it to. The force awakens was garbage, even worse than any of the prequels were (I like the prequels for the most part though, unlike most).

Rey was a decent character though, and better than the female lead in R1 I thought. Usually I hate female leads portraying atypical behaviour and 'girl power' but the actress did a good job and played her role confidently. Would definitely hit. The male characters were pathetic though, with Han Solo even being killed off and bad guy looking like a high school nerd sans pimples. Seriously the guy was an ashton kutcher looking fella with dick lips. No homo.

The male leads in both films are shite, in fact I can't remember any of their names except the two in TFA. Actually, the characters in general were garbage; how do I know this? Because I can't fucking remember them even a week later.

I did however love the action scenes, the special effects were excellent. The plot was pretty good in R1 as well, despite a highly forgettable cast. I'd give it a 6/10 overall. I also like that a shit ton of the 'good guys' died, actually all of them pretty much. Thank god, I cant stand the stereotypical and unrealistic path movies take with this good and evil bullshit.

IF directors and writers actually gave a shit about developing meaningful characters rather than displaying aural and visual feasts in high definition, then MAYBE Hollywood would have a chance of returning to it's former glory.

When you watch Star Wars Episode 4 you realize Mexicans no longer exist so the main character in R1 was the last mexican ever.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2017, 07:12:52 AM »

I liked Rogue1 better than Awakens.  The main thing that bothers me about these movies is that Disney is more concerned with political correctness and diversity than the storyline.  Lucas is a huge libtard too, so he would've also moved in this direction.  IMO, the Vader stuff was very well done and the best part of the movie.  I guess you gotta take the good with the bad. 

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »
bump

rogue one was a huge waste of time, i turned it off after 1,5 hours

what a shitty worthless franchise star wars is.

even darth vader couldnt save it, he looked like he lost size and height, clearly off the sauce.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2017, 01:25:42 PM »
Lol
 ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »
bump

even darth vader couldnt save it, he looked like he lost size and height, clearly off the sauce.

Actor was bigger than David Prowse though, the new Vader was 198 cm, while David was 196.

Q

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2017, 01:52:00 PM »
but he looks same size as the other dude in the first scene of the movie

he only looks bigger when theyre not close up

mask look lame like its a parody

also technically nothing happend to star wars, nothing looks better than in the late 70's? how can nothing improve in 40 years?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2017, 02:06:36 PM »
This movie sucked nuts.  Fucking hated it.  Ill conceived, poorly executed, boring, corny.

Cast full of talent-less nobodies.  I rooted for the Empire the whole time.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2017, 02:37:09 PM »
but he looks same size as the other dude in the first scene of the movie

he only looks bigger when theyre not close up

mask look lame like its a parody

also technically nothing happend to star wars, nothing looks better than in the late 70's? how can nothing improve in 40 years?

Darth Vader was already perfect 40 years ago.
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2017, 02:38:23 PM »
This movie sucked nuts.  Fucking hated it.  Ill conceived, poorly executed, boring, corny.

Yeah, especially when the terrorists attacked the Empires vehicle in Karachi...

Q

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2017, 03:43:35 PM »

Yep.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
bump

Ha ha, very Getbig.  ;D

Not sure how serious. I hated the idea of this film and swore never to see it...and then I saw. It was REALLY good.  :o

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »
Ha ha, very Getbig.  ;D

Not sure how serious. I hated the idea of this film and swore never to see it...and then I saw. It was REALLY good.  :o

I thought it was awesome, especially the last 40 minutes.

Probably in my top 3 SW films.
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
Liked everything about it, watched it a second time this weekend and thought it was just as good

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2017, 01:49:52 PM »
After many years of loving Star Wars, I'm starting to root for the Empire too. Rogue One was not too bad but again not enough real models and too much GC. Digital faces of the dead actors didn't seem right, therefore thay should have done a different type of scenario..maybe different actors, all in all same shit all over again with slightly better effects, storyline but underdeveloped characters. Lucas was right when he wanted to do TV show style approach. Then you have the time to build characters and tension.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »
After many years of loving Star Wars, I'm starting to root for the Empire too. Rogue One was not too bad but again not enough real models and too much GC. Digital faces of the dead actors didn't seem right, therefore thay should have done a different type of scenario..maybe different actors, all in all same shit all over again with slightly better effects, storyline but underdeveloped characters. Lucas was right when he wanted to do TV show style approach. Then you have the time to build characters and tension.

Wouldnt mind seeing a Star Wars TV-series now.

Season 1 could build up Wilhuff Tarkin etc, Season 2 Moff Motti etc

Could be a costume-drama like Rome.
Q

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2017, 02:27:41 PM »
Liked Rogue One a lot...thought it was very well done.  Death Star destruction was epic.  Blending between prequels, Clone Wars and original trilogy was excellent.  

Darth Vader's added scene at the end was amazing!  He wasn't the Vader of the past here....he was sooooooo much better!

Would love a stand alone Vader movie with a younger Vader hunting down remaining Jedi across the galaxy.

Tarkin and Leia effects were amazing....not perfect of course but amazing.  Anyone critical of these effects needs to also produce a solution to improve them.  Further, throwing money at isn't a solution because the studio has ample resources that could've been utilized. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »
Liked Rogue One a lot...thought it was very well done.  Death Star destruction was epic.  Blending between prequels, Clone Wars and original trilogy was excellent.  

Darth Vader's added scene at the end was amazing!  He wasn't the Vader of the past here....he was sooooooo much better!

Would love a stand alone Vader movie with a younger Vader hunting down remaining Jedi across the galaxy.

Tarkin and Leia effects were amazing....not perfect of course but amazing.  Anyone critical of these effects needs to also produce a solution to improve them.  Further, throwing money at isn't a solution because the studio has ample resources that could've been utilized. 

Technology is improving constantly, im certain we will see CGI:d faces that actually look real in 2020+
Q

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2017, 02:44:32 PM »
Technology is improving constantly, im certain we will see CGI:d faces that actually look real in 2020+

completely agree

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2017, 02:46:05 PM »
completely agree

And when i say real i mean that nobody will even notice they're CGI. Nobody! :D
Q