Author Topic: STAR WARS - Rogue One: A STAR WARS Story (Official Thread)  (Read 57665 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: STAR WARS - Rogue One: A STAR WARS Story (Official Thread)
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 06:31:18 AM »
Everybody is wondering who this is. ???

The figure doesn't walk slow/crippled enough to be Palpatine.

Darth Vader has never been seen wearing a hood.

Who is this? ???

Also, some believe that is a bacta tank in front of the figure. Some believe Snoke may be in that tank.

a

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 12:40:17 PM »
Yamcha, that is cool. 8)

I have never seen that picture in my life.

Vader with a hood. :o

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 08:23:44 AM »
Looking forward to Rogue one... :o

Me too.  Just the other day I was telling my friends that Disney needs to make yet another girl power movie. I love watching corny female protagonists pretend to be macho.

In all seriousness though, they better put Vader in the m0therfucker.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2016, 01:31:23 AM »
Me too.  Just the other day I was telling my friends that Disney needs to make yet another girl power movie. I love watching corny female protagonists pretend to be macho.

In all seriousness though, they better put Vader in the m0therfucker.

Like the Hunger Games, with a bit of Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 04:17:05 PM »
Darth Vader is definitely in.

It's just going to be a question of how much.

I'd be happy with two or three scenes.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »
Darth Vader is definitely in.

It's just going to be a question of how much.

I'd be happy with two or three scenes.

Will be nice if he is played by a bodybuilder.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 03:37:41 AM »
Will be nice if he is played by a bodybuilder.

Rumor is Spencer Wilding at 6'7"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Wilding

a

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2016, 08:18:07 AM »
Disney execs. said it was to dark removed 40% of the movie and made the crew and actors re-shoot it   

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-reshoots-rumors/

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »
Disney execs. said it was to dark removed 40% of the movie and made the crew and actors re-shoot it   

...and along with that, any hope that it would be good has now vanished.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 09:18:35 AM »
I bet they cut the supposed Vader slaughter scene...  >:( >:( >:( >:(

any well, must be wanting to sell more action figures to nerdfags
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »

The article you posted said the 40% reshoots was likely false, as was the rumor about it being considered too dark.

Y

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 03:11:49 PM »
The article you posted said the 40% reshoots was likely false, as was the rumor about it being considered too dark.

40% would also cost a shitload
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 04:12:38 PM »
40% would also cost a shitload

That, and the article said they wouldn't have time, since the release date didn't change.

I don't think he read his own article.
Y

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »
Disney reshooting 50 % of the movie, saying it's too dark for their designated audience.

Link to article
Q

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2016, 04:22:17 PM »
More Details Have Been Revealed About Those Rogue One Reshoots.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/more-details-have-been-revealed-about-those-rogue-one-r-1779744810

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story won’t be released for almost seven months, and yet it’s already the talk of fans everywhere. Today, lots of that talk was about a New York Post article saying the film was “in crisis” and needed “expensive reshoots.” A new report now adds some much-needed detail to those claims.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the reshoots are definitely happening. However, the reason is much more specific. “The move is happening after execs screened the movie and felt it was tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like,” the article says. “The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.”

In addition, the report says “that while [director Gareth] Edwards’ first cut was a solid showing, it didn’t measure up to the bar set in terms of four-quadrant appeal. ‘Anything less than extraordinary won’t do,’ says a studio insider.”

Deadline also has a report with a similar theme. “According to sources, the first cut was lacking the edge that Force Awakens had, and the story needs to jell. The film’s December 16 release date will not be affected.”

It certainly sounds like, while Rogue One may not exactly be “in crisis,” the Post wasn’t inaccurate in reporting the film has issues. Which it should. If the movie was ready in May, they would’ve scheduled it for summer. It’s being released in December to give the filmmakers time to get it right. A rough cut this early, warts and all, means Edwards is working hard.

These days, just about every big movie schedules reshoots in the post-production schedule to make tweaks and changes. Some reports say The Force Awakens did reshoots mere weeks before release. Because of that, many believed the Post report was erroneously mixing standard reshoots up with something grander. Now, with this Hollywood Reporter story, it’s certain that’s not the case. If the tone of Edwards’ film didn’t match what Star Wars is all about, that most likely means there’s a problem that needs fixing. And now they can fix it.

Then again, one of the most exciting things about Rogue One was the possibility of a film that didn’t feel like a cookie-cutter Star Wars movie. Audiences want a sense of adventure, sure, but something darker and different could also be welcome. However, as the Hollywood Reporter source points out “This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the 10 minutes before that classic films begins. You have to match the tone.”

No matter what the case, it’s certain Rogue One will be better because of these reshoots. The movie isn’t the movie until it’s released.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2016, 04:24:23 PM »
Some better news.

Report: What's Going on With the 'Rogue One' Reshoots?

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/06/report-whats-going-on-with-rogue-one.html

I'll past it here as well.

Word got out earlier this week that four weeks of reshoots were scheduled for the upcoming film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. While reshoots are extremely common for films, the reports also suggested that Disney executives were less than pleased with the film and had ordered the reshoots in order to change the tone of the film to something more along the lines of The Force Awakens (Rogue One is believed to have a grittier tone that previous Star Wars movies and has been described as a "war movie").

Today, Entertainment Weekly's Anthony Breznican did some digging to uncover what exactly is going on with the Rogue One reshoots. While official sources won't comment on rumors, Breznican's unofficial sources shed some interesting light on the rumors and should reassure fans who were concerned by the reports.

First off, the sources confirmed that these reshoots were planned before principle photography on the film even began. They also denied the reports that up to 40% of the film needed to be reshot. The source told EW, "If we were rewriting the movie and reshooting 40 percent of movie, we would not be finishing in August." Breznican also confirms that Christopher McQuarrie, one of the film's screenwriters, is not going to be supervising or collaborating with director Gareth Edwards on the reshoots (McQuarrie himself aggressively denied the rumors earlier today).

However, Breznican reports that Edwards will be joined by Tony Gilroy (Michael Clayton, The Bourne Legacy) for the reshoots. Gilroy apparently wrote new material for the reshoots and will direct second unit. An EW source describes the new material as having "everything to do with clarity and character development and all take place [as inserts] within scenes we’ve already shot".

This is very similar to what was done for reshoots on The Force Awakens. Director JJ Abrams spoke about this process on a recent episode of The Nerdist Podcast where he explained, "we shot nearly ten minutes of the movie (at Bad Robot Studios) and it was getting moments, getting shots, getting pieces, that were missing from the scenes when were shooting them", adding that, "it was about these incredible, critical, intimate moments".

As for the report that Disney Executives were unhappy with the tone of Rogue One, and ordered that it be shifted to be more like the tone of The Force Awakens, the sources deny these as well. According to one EW source, "The movie is very different than [The Force Awakens], and that’s intentional. It’s a war film." That quote should be very comforting for fans (myself included) who were concerned about a shift away from the "war movie" style to something that was trying to mimic The Force Awakens.

And finally, one of the sources hinted that Lucasfilm had something big in store for Star Wars Celebration Europe this July in London. A Rogue One panel with Edwards, producer Kathleen Kennedy, and "special guests" is slated to kick off the convention and the source described the expected reaction as, "People will go insane".

After a week of crazy rumors, over reactions, and conjecture, it's nice to have the reshoots clarified as best as possible. It sounds as though everything is proceeding as planned and there isn't any reason for fans to be concerned. It sounds like Celebration will also go along way to convince people who are still on the fence to get excited for this movie.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story hits theaters on December 16th and stars Felicity Jones, Forest Whittaker, Donnie Yen, and Diego Luna.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »
The movie will be great..
Force awakens was a great start for the new movies being made under Disney..

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2016, 06:14:26 PM »
We are getting the new trailer tomorrow. 8)

ABC is playing The Force Awakens documentary called "The Making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens" on Friday night at 8:00PM EST.

During the documentary, ABC will premiere the new Rogue One trailer.  It is supposedly three minutes long.

The documentary appears to be the same one that is on the Blu-ray.

The Star Wars: Rogue One trailer will probably be seen first at Star Wars Celebration which starts tomorrow in London.

There is a rumor that there will be Episode VIII footage shown during a panel on Sunday. :)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2016, 06:17:07 PM »
Forest Whitaker’s character is Saw Gerrera from The Clone Wars cartoon!  8)

I'm not sure how this...

...turns into this.

But I still like the idea of bringing one of the TV characters into the movies. :)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2016, 09:23:13 PM »
Fuck this lame ass prequel.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2016, 04:45:09 AM »
The last thing we need is another girl power movie.  Ridiculous.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2016, 01:05:24 PM »

The guy whose head is poking out near the camera lens.

Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa. :o 8)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »
The last thing we need is another girl power movie.  Ridiculous.
Doesn't matter, Darth Vader will kill all of them (the whole Rogue One-Team) eventually.
Q

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2016, 01:11:29 PM »
New poster released today at Star Wars Celebration in London.

Teaser Poster on page one.

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2016, 03:11:10 PM »
This is looking cool. 8)

Edwards seems to be liked and disliked in equal measure.

I liked Godzilla.

I am excited for this.