Author Topic: Toney “The X-Man” Freeman is joining the new Nspire Sports League (NSL)  (Read 8016 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
For Immediate Release
TONEY FREEMAN FINDS NSPIRATION
BY JOINING NSPIRE SPORTS LEAGUE

Bodybuilding Icon to Compete in NSL and Serve as Brand Ambassador
Thursday, April 7, 2016- Los Angeles, CA--Three months into their inaugural season, Nspire Sports League (NSL) is pleased to announce that iconic bodybuilder and former IFBB icon competitor, Toney “The X-Man” Freeman is joining the new organization. Announced today NSL commissioner, Lee Thompson, Freeman will compete in the NSL’s pro league and also serve as a brand ambassador for the league at live events and across social media platforms.

Freeman is the most high profile and decorated bodybuilder to join the NSL since the league was formed in December of 2015. “The X-Man” has more than 70 professional shows on his resume, highlighted by placing 5-times in the Mr. Olympia competition, and 3-times at the Arnold Classic. Freeman first started competing as an amateur in 1989 before turning pro in 2002. Known for his “X-Frame” and classic bodybuilding style, Freeman became one of the sports visible stars for what he has accomplished as a competitor, his one-to-one mentoring of other athletes, and his on-going commitment of teaching high level total health and fitness to fans who seek out his services.

Thompson said, “I have always respected Toney’s presence both on and off the stage. When we first created NSL, Toney was someone we wanted to compete under our banner because he embodies our goals and values. His exuberant personality transcends the fitness community and he is a proven problem solver whose unlimited resources will only further attract competitors and fans to the events and competitions that we are putting on.”

Freeman “I reached a crossroad in my life and decided that it was time for a change. After much thought, prayer, and discussions with my family, I have decided to control my brand in an environment that supports a shared economy with the athlete. With the NSL, I will have a platform where I will be able to advocate for my personal interests and focus on the passion that I have for the sport. Like Jackie Robinson, I’m being a trailblazer for the athletes, fans—the entire sport!"

With 2-3 North American events per month, the NSL is built on the principles that have been lacking in the bodybuilding world and competing organizations: Equality, Opportunity and Transparency. This foundation provides stability for athletes to compete in fair competitions that feature competitive divisions and class that align with their goals. The NSL’s format allows fans to get the best in class the fitness world has to offer against the backdrop of an organization that supports their competitors and the demands they put on their body.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
For Immediate Passing Over

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V

I usually like listening to Dave, but in this case he is just being an IFBB b*tch. Wake up Palumbo- with the death of the Weiders, the IFBB is falling apart, as it should. The organization of fat bellied, oil filled bodybuilders jumped the shark 10 years ago.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Dave, do you hear yourself? Nobody gives a fuck about being in the IFBB Hall Of Fame.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Toney's making a big big big steak. No wonder he's so muscle bound.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Good luck to him and good for him for speaking out about the judging

I will say one thing. Lee Thompson understands marketing, presentation, and that the current competitors need to work on branding themselves. His shows also look professionally done and not like the local high school musical or worse.

I am interested to see what the IFBB does this year with the Olympia production now that I know the Rock and his ex wife's production company are handling things. I expect to see way more of a production.

However I do think the majority of the NSL will be delusional bikini and physique people.

io856

money

hes got a few good years left and he will make good money in the NSL and he will be treated very well

if it kicks off and the organisation lasts in any respect, post competitive career I'm sure he will be involved with NSL behind the scenes or judging etc.

fair move, good move? well we will wait and see on that

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Dave, do you hear yourself? Nobody gives a fuck about being in the IFBB Hall Of Fame.

Oh there's one??

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
I did an interview with Thompson and asked him if Freeman may be bringing some other IFBB pros with him to the NSL:

Added Thompson, “(Freeman) has mentioned some names. We are in negotiations with other top-five Olympia athletes at this time.”

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I agree with Polumbo's "rant" as stated in his video, but I find this subject to be interesting.

This is just my personal opinion which is definitely NOT based on any inside knowledge, but it is possible that some IFBB pros may switch organizations simply due to the fact that they are getting a bit older and won't be doing well within the IFBB.

I don't hear much of anything good about this NSL sanctioning body but it could turn out to be a retirement 'farm' for former IFBB contenders who figure that their best days within the IFBB are behind them.

Complaints are always common within the competitive bodybuilding world. On some occasions the only contestant who doesn't complain .....
is the overall winner.

Many complainers do their best to accuse the judges or the judging criteria  ......  without taking a good hard look in the mirror!

So they jump the fence with the hope of finding greener pastures without realizing that there could be a pile of shit on the other side.

But as someone mentioned earlier ..... Only time will tell!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I agree with Polumbo's "rant" as stated in his video, but I find this subject to be interesting.

This is just my personal opinion which is definitely NOT based on any inside knowledge, but it is possible that some IFBB pros may switch organizations simply due to the fact that they are getting a bit older and won't be doing well within the IFBB.

I don't hear much of anything good about this NSL sanctioning body but it could turn out to be a retirement 'farm' for former IFBB contenders who figure that their best days within the IFBB are behind them.

Complaints are always common within the competitive bodybuilding world. On some occasions the only contestant who doesn't complain .....
is the overall winner.

Many complainers do their best to accuse the judges or the judging criteria  ......  without taking a good hard look in the mirror!

So they jump the fence with the hope of finding greener pastures without realizing that there could be a pile of shit on the other side.

But as someone mentioned earlier ..... Only time will tell!

At age of 51, I don't think that Toney has anything to lose.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Does it really matter where someone competes?

To paraphrase the Who: "pose naked in a hotel room for a new schmoe, same as the old schmoe"
"

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
if the wbf had have been formed now it would be the end of the ifbb.... thompson will only get fringe/washed out pro's jumping over

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Lol at Nspire league getting all excited that a 50 year old, most likely soon-to-be retired has joined their organization. They must be really desperate for bodybuilders.
X

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Has the Obama-administration released an official statment yet?

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Lol at Nspire league getting all excited that a 50 year old, most likely soon-to-be retired has joined their organization. They must be really desecrate for bodybuilders.

Toney is the first guy with a name and any credibility that has joined. Toney is respected and liked.

They don't need Bodybuilders to be successful because in the next 10 years I think classic physique will overtake bodybuilding. It always has the least amount of entrants in local shows and even at the pro level it's not as popular. If I were forming a new league I would focus my energies on the delusional bikini and physique people.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
Toney hasn't learned the way of the ifbb yet? I guess not. You are not supposed to bite the hand that feeds you. You are supposed to take said hand and place it on your cock. The way of the ifbb.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Toney is the first guy with a name and any credibility that has joined. Toney is respected and liked.

They don't need Bodybuilders to be successful because in the next 10 years I think classic physique will overtake bodybuilding. It always has the least amount of entrants in local shows and even at the pro level it's not as popular. If I were forming a new league I would focus my energies on the delusional bikini and physique people.

Of course they need bodybuilders to be successful lol. What nonsense. Can you imagine if Phil Heath or Ronnie Coleman started to promote or joined the Nspire League? Shoot, they'd be on cloud 9.

Nspire league is taken anything they can get, which happens to be a soon-to-be retired bodybuilder. They are desperate for anyone with a "name" to promote their league and this is the best they can get.
X

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Isn't Toney a bit too old for this?  He's older than me, by Jove !

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Of course they need bodybuilders to be successful lol. What nonsense. Can you imagine if Phil Heath or Ronnie Coleman started to promote or joined the Nspire League? Shoot, they'd be on cloud 9.

Nspire league is taken anything they can get, which happens to be a soon-to-be retired bodybuilder. They are desperate for anyone with a "name" to promote their league and this is the best they can get.

You don't need them if you want to be a financial success because that's not where the money is currently. Currently the money is in delusional bikini and physique contestants that think they will make it big. Toney joining gives them their first credible name

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
You don't need them if you want to be a financial success because that's not where the money is currently. Currently the money is in delusional bikini and physique contestants that think they will make it big. Toney joining gives them their first credible name

How do you know the money is in bikini and physique? Do you have numbers to back this up?

Yes, a credible 50 year old, soon-to-be retired bodybuilder. They would have preferred someone else, but it was all they could get. Beggars can't be choosers.
X

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
How do you know the money is in bikini and physique? Do you have numbers to back this up?

Yes, a credible 50 year old, soon-to-be retired bodybuilder. They would have preferred someone else, but it was all they could get. Beggars can't be choosers.

All you need to do is go to a local bodybuilding show and 80% of the shows are bikini and physique. All those entrants x fees and yeah crossover classes and that's where the money is.

Toney is someone that is respected in the industry. He's the first credible person that they've signed. Erin stern to a certain extent but toney is the first bodybuilder with any credibility or name recognition that Lee has gotten.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
All you need to do is go to a local bodybuilding show and 80% of the shows are bikini and physique. All those entrants x fees and yeah crossover classes and that's where the money is.

Toney is someone that is respected in the industry. He's the first credible person that they've signed. Erin stern to a certain extent but toney is the first bodybuilder with any credibility or name recognition that Lee has gotten.

Yeah, they settled for a 50 year old soon-to-be retired bodybuilder because they couldn't get anyone else with better credibility.  :-\ :-\
X

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Isn't Toney a bit too old for this?  He's older than me, by Jove !

Do you look like Toney tho? ::)