Author Topic: Just listening to Michael Jackson greatest hits...  (Read 6223 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Just listening to Michael Jackson greatest hits...
« on: April 14, 2016, 06:14:29 PM »
I realised I've been listening to jacko so since I was 3, thriller for 32 years, bad for 27 years, still sounds awesome and fresh today, only albums that have never got old.Off the wall and dangerous were great too.Does anyone not like his music?Greatest singer and performer ever by far.Only elvis comes anywhere near.

APE907

• Getbig III
Re: Just listening to Michael Jackson greatest hits...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »
Phenomenal talent. Highly flawed individual.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:17:19 PM »

As an individual sure he was fucked, but that all added to the mystique, apart from he small boys part.But talent wise, honestly has anyone ever come close?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »
One of the greats, along with Elvis.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »
As an individual sure he was fucked, but that all added to the mystique, apart from he small boys part.But talent wise, honestly has anyone ever come close?

In terms of complete talent, Id say no. I enjoy pretty much all of his music.

His father is the one that really screwed him up.
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 06:21:47 PM »
In terms of complete talent, Id say no. I enjoy pretty much all of his music.

His father is the one that really screwed him up.

Yeah, Jacko was too meek and mild to be being beat by a belt at age 5 for not dancing right or whatever, some people get stronger, he just was one of the ones it would scar heavily.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 06:22:26 PM »
One of Best ever, what transformation from his younger years

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 06:23:17 PM »
Kai Greene Posing to Michael Jackson "Dirty Diana" at 2007 IFBB Keystone Classic

X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 06:27:14 PM »
One of Best ever, what transformation from his younger years

Jackson actually wrote the song muscles for Ross, srs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscles_(song)

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 06:27:21 PM »

Yeah the pedo stuff really tainted his reputation.

I would agree that he is one of greatest musical performers of all time.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 06:30:09 PM »
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 06:33:29 PM »

Could you imagine a song of that calibre, with a video of that quality, with a singer with that voice, moves, charisma, being released today?Youtube would literally blow up.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 07:59:01 PM »

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »
I realised I've been listening to jacko so since I was 3, thriller for 32 years, bad for 27 years, still sounds awesome and fresh today, only albums that have never got old.Off the wall and dangerous were great too.Does anyone not like his music?Greatest singer and performer ever by far.Only elvis comes anywhere near.

You should check out the Heavy Metal tribute album to Michael Jackson called: Thriller - A Metal Tribute To Michael Jackson.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite songs from him. It was off of the 1980 Jacksons Triumph album. Song was called "Can You Feel It?" (song starts at 1:07)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 02:52:06 AM »
Great performer without any doubt but his legacy is tainted by the fact he was a child molesting fag.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 02:56:01 AM »
Great performer without any doubt but his legacy is tainted by the fact he was a child molesting fag.
Where's the proof?

And before you say it, OJ was acquitted too.

INNOCENT was the verdict.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 02:57:35 AM »
I wore out my dangerous tape by listening to give in to me with slash on guitar. They collaborated greatly together.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 03:17:29 AM »

I agree... phenomenal talent, but mentally fucked.  Thriller was his peak.  He should've stopped the plastic surgeries at that point.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 03:22:07 AM »
Beside being actually talented musician, he was also very dedicated to his music. To the extend that fame/money/women was the last thing in his mind.. this is extremely rare!

Most musicians usually get taken over by fame/money/women and that's their pitfall..

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 03:22:41 AM »
He was a horrible bastard behind the scenes!

Quality post CF!

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 03:24:45 AM »
I never knew about the Jermaine Jackson/Michael Beef. Here's a funny story from Clive Davis's book "The Soundtrack of My Life" -

"I had signed Jermaine Jackson to Arista and, like L.A. and Babyface, he had also worked with Whitney Houston. We had some success with his three albums for the label, but as we were getting started on his fourth, I thought he might be an ideal fit for LaFace. As Michael Jackson’s older brother, Jermaine was now in his late thirties and, beginning with the Jackson 5, had been making records for more than two decades. I thought that working with L.A. and Babyface would give him a new sound, expose him to a younger audience, and bring him success on the scale that he so badly wanted. Jermaine loved the idea, and L.A. and Babyface, who had grown up with the family mystique of the Jacksons, were excited as well. It seemed like a well-made match.

As the three of them began working on Jermaine’s first album for LaFace, which would be titled You Said, Jermaine was startled to learn that his brother Michael had approached L.A. and Babyface and offered them very substantial amounts of money to work on songs for his new album, and surprisingly they had agreed to do it. Everything they wrote during this immediate, well-defined period of a couple of weeks would be for Michael to use. Jermaine couldn’t believe that Michael, his close brother, would hijack his producers’ material this way.

Consequently, he regarded Michael’s hiring L.A. and Babyface as a profound betrayal, and he was shaken to his core.

I had dinner with Jermaine in Paris around this time, and he was totally disconsolate throughout the entire meal. He was crying, indeed sobbing at times, so deeply hurt that his brother would do this to him. Unfortunately, that hurt turned to anger, and Jermaine recorded a song called “Word to the Badd” that was a bitter excoriation of Michael. It was leaked to radio and instantly created a sensation. In the song, Jermaine vilified Michael for lightening his skin; for being “a child,” not “a man”; and for “takin’ my pie,” a seeming reference to the situation with L.A. and Babyface.  

“Word to the Badd” was set to go on You Said lp by Jermaine , and there wasn’t much I could do about that, even after Michael Jackson personally called me to complain.

It was in this spirit that Michael called me to pull “Word to the Badd” off Jermaine’s forthcoming album. He said, “I know you have respect for me, and I have respect for you. How could you let my brother do this? I don’t want you to release that record.”

I told him, “Look, Michael, Jermaine is an artist on a label in which I have an interest. I do have great respect for you, but this really is a problem between the two of you. You’ve got to deal with him directly.”

As uncomfortable as I was with what Jermaine had done, I felt it would be wrong for me to tell an artist to take a song off his album. This was a family and personal matter that they needed to resolve themselves.

Michael said that Jermaine was avoiding him and he couldn’t find him anywhere.

I told him, “He’s just gotten to your parents’ house. I spoke to him ten minutes ago.”

A few hours later, Jermaine called me. “You’ll never guess what happened,” he said. “I’m at my parents’ house, and Michael went around to the back, climbed up and went through a window, and came down the stairs and confronted me with the problem.  

We really had it out.” Jermaine stuck to his guns and kept the song out there, but eventually he and Michael came to some sort of understanding. Jermaine softened the lyrics to the song and changed its focus." .

Pretty strong for its time, especially the changing color part -

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 03:26:21 AM »

As concise as you can get.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 03:37:03 AM »
Where's the proof?

And before you say it, OJ was acquitted too.

INNOCENT was the verdict.

He wasn't found innocent in the first case. And the proof is in his behaviour and actions.

Beside being actually talented musician, he was also very dedicated to his music. To the extend that fame/money/women was the last thing in his mind.. this is extremely rare!

Most musicians usually get taken over by fame/money/women and that's their pitfall..

He was obsessed with money and fame. Dude lived as Godly a life as you can imagine.
You are right in regards to women being the last thing on his mind, but that's purely because he wasn't attracted to them. He was more into adolescent boys, and you can bet that they were on his mind a lot.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 03:37:28 AM »

I agree.

But it's hard to have much on your mind when you're hooked up to a propofol drip.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 03:37:50 AM »