Author Topic: Anavar and hair loss  (Read 8925 times)

equipoise

• Getbig III
Anavar and hair loss
« on: April 16, 2016, 09:26:40 AM »
I'm looking for a cutting drug this summer but would rather not use tren (makes me moody, insomnia etc.). I have the opportunity to get some good quality var and I was just wondering if it causes hair loss. FWIW I haven't lost hair on moderate test (about 500mg a week), and highish tren (100ED or a bit more)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Anavar and hair loss
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:44:50 AM »
have you ever tried halo?

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:57:41 AM »
Var don't cut it just doesn't bloat.
sept 10th APF

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 12:39:35 PM »
To answer your question, Anavar does not cause hair loss.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 01:59:32 PM »
To answer your question, Anavar does not cause hair loss.

EVERY steroid will cause hair loss in high enough dosages.

This includes all the 'safe' steroids like primo, anavar etc

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 03:19:08 PM »
EVERY steroid will cause hair loss in high enough dosages.

This includes all the 'safe' steroids like primo, anavar etc

Well it certainly includes primo which is a DHT based compound, but it certainly does NOT include oxandrolone. Primo and Anavar are two VERY different examples when it comes to the issue of hair loss.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 03:35:34 PM »
Well it certainly includes primo which is a DHT based compound, but it certainly does NOT include oxandrolone. Primo and Anavar are two VERY different examples when it comes to the issue of hair loss.

You missed the point. All steroids will cause hairloss in high enough dosages, even the so called safe ones.

Anavar will absolutely cause hair loss if you're to it, as it converts to DHT.

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 03:50:27 PM »
You missed the point. All steroids will cause hairloss in high enough dosages, even the so called safe ones.

Anavar will absolutely cause hair loss if you're to it, as it converts to DHT.

No I didn't miss the point. I keep on hearing oxandrolone converts to DHT. It does not convert to DHT. It is already a DHT derivative, which means it is already alpha-5 reduced. It cannot convert back to DHT once it has been metabolised. It lacks the capacity to interact with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme and convert to dihydro form. It therefore will not cause hair loss.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 04:19:10 PM »
Anavar is safer on the hair line as it does not covert to DHT

However, it does bind to the androgen receptor with in turn could cause hair loss

There is no steroid that is absolutely safe for the hair

In fact, I asked William leveylln the same question and he said 400 nandrolone was safer on the hair than 400 mg a week of oxandrolone (i.e. About 50 mg a day)
you are gay.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 05:15:35 PM »
No I didn't miss the point. I keep on hearing oxandrolone converts to DHT. It does not convert to DHT. It is already a DHT derivative, which means it is already alpha-5 reduced. It cannot convert back to DHT once it has been metabolised. It lacks the capacity to interact with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme and convert to dihydro form. It therefore will not cause hair loss.

You're insane if you think you have don't lose hair pass on anavar.

All steroid cause hair loss. Just up the dose to where you see significant gains & you'll see sides, including hairloss.

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 10:14:03 PM »

You're insane if you think you have don't lose hair pass on anavar.

All steroid cause hair loss. Just up the dose to where you see significant gains & you'll see sides, including hairloss.

I'm not saying you won't see side effects. Oxandrolone is catastrophic when it comes to cholesterol for one, but when it comes to hair loss, the science simply does support it. Male pattern baldness is quite specific to DHT in the case of steroids. Androgenicity in itself does not necessarily equate to hair loss in the form of male pattern baldness. Hair loss in the case of heavy androgens which do not convert to DHT is usually in the form of telogen effluvium and not in fact male pattern baldness. This is a temporary condition. Eventually the hair will grow back. This is also the case when it comes to hair loss from thyroid conditions (hypothyroidism and hyperthydoidism). Bare in mind that Anavar also has a very low androgenic rating, so not only will it not cause male pattern baldness due to no presence of DHT, but it will also not cause telogen effluvium if taken in regular bodybuilder dosages. I can go into the whole TE vs. male pattern baldness thing greater detail if you like.

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 03:09:57 AM »
Can confirm about the nandrolone. Used more than a gram and week and no noticeable hairloss whatsoever. I think my hair follicles seem to be quite resistant (but then again I'm young) so don't really want to temp fate if possible.

Should i just use tren again since I know I will react well to it? Or try out the anavar?

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 06:39:32 AM »
Can confirm about the nandrolone. Used more than a gram and week and no noticeable hairloss whatsoever. I think my hair follicles seem to be quite resistant (but then again I'm young) so don't really want to temp fate if possible.

Should i just use tren again since I know I will react well to it? Or try out the anavar?

Nandrolone converts to DHN not DHT and along with Anavar it is probably the safest steroid for the hairline.
Tren - lots of speculation that it causes hair loss and it frequently does, but I believe in the form of telogen effluvium, not traditional MPB (tren has no DHT activity). I've shed plenty of hair in the past on tren and it has all come back. Still, I could not say with any certainty that tren is "safe" for the hairline.

A good way to distinguish between MPB and TE is that MPB will usually shed thin, weak hairs since the follicles are dying, whereas TE sheds mostly thick mature hair with a bulb at the bottom from the root. This isn't bro science, that's straight from my hair doc.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »
I'm not saying you won't see side effects. Oxandrolone is catastrophic when it comes to cholesterol for one, but when it comes to hair loss, the science simply does support it. Male pattern baldness is quite specific to DHT in the case of steroids. Androgenicity in itself does not necessarily equate to hair loss in the form of male pattern baldness. Hair loss in the case of heavy androgens which do not convert to DHT is usually in the form of telogen effluvium and not in fact male pattern baldness. This is a temporary condition. Eventually the hair will grow back. This is also the case when it comes to hair loss from thyroid conditions (hypothyroidism and hyperthydoidism). Bare in mind that Anavar also has a very low androgenic rating, so not only will it not cause male pattern baldness due to no presence of DHT, but it will also not cause telogen effluvium if taken in regular bodybuilder dosages. I can go into the whole TE vs. male pattern baldness thing greater detail if you like.

That be great if this was true...   Do you have any evidence that oxandrolone binding to the androgen receptor causes telegenic effluvium and is reversible?

How would u explain winstrol causing permanent hair loss then?

This is interesting if true
you are gay.

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 03:41:10 PM »
As far as I am aware, there aren't any studies on the specific different AASs and hair loss, so this is all anecdotal, but the science makes sense. Very good point regarding winstrol - I would suggest that in this case it is thwt winstrol drives down SHGB and it therefore increases free testosterone, which in turn converts to DHT by the action of the enzyme 5alpha reductase. The DHT then causes hair loss.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 07:31:40 PM »
As far as I am aware, there aren't any studies on the specific different AASs and hair loss, so this is all anecdotal, but the science makes sense. Very good point regarding winstrol - I would suggest that in this case it is thwt winstrol drives down SHGB and it therefore increases free testosterone, which in turn converts to DHT by the action of the enzyme 5alpha reductase. The DHT then causes hair loss.

So you are saying that if I did 1000 deca and 100 oxandrolone a day, any hair loss would be totally reversible?  I just find that hard to believe... Wish there were studies.   True, yiur dick would go limp but maybe not if u added 100 mg test week
you are gay.

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 02:03:26 AM »
So you are saying that if I did 1000 deca and 100 oxandrolone a day, any hair loss would be totally reversible?  I just find that hard to believe... Wish there were studies.   True, yiur dick would go limp but maybe not if u added 100 mg test week

I seriously doubt you'd even get any hair loss in the first place, even at those dosages. If you did, it would be telogen effluvium and it should grow back.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 04:35:33 AM »

Absolutes and steroids. Lol

this debate rages throughout the boards.  If you worry that much about hair loss don't take roids. Otherwise fuck it and go for it.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 06:10:35 AM »
I seriously doubt you'd even get any hair loss in the first place, even at those dosages. If you did, it would be telogen effluvium and it should grow back.

Is there any evidence of this? 
you are gay.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 01:22:30 PM »

None what so ever.

Welcome to the Internets where Broscience rules supreme.

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »

It would not seem probable that any studies have been commissioned on, "the effects of 1000mg deca and 100mg Anavar on the hairline." Feel free to do your own research.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 08:05:41 AM »
It would not seem probable that any studies have been commissioned on, "the effects of 1000mg deca and 100mg Anavar on the hairline." Feel free to do your own research.
Do my own research?  Wtf? I'm not the one making the claim that binding to the androgen receptor causes reversible hair loss!

If I made such claim, I would back it up. 
you are gay.

Qwert II

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 11:11:13 AM »
Do my own research?  Wtf? I'm not the one making the claim that binding to the androgen receptor causes reversible hair loss!

If I made such claim, I would back it up. 

Broscience can't be backed up.

Most of the advices on msg boards are crap & people are pulling info & theory out of their none striated glutes.

Jenetics

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »
This is the problem when you try to present information to people on the message boards, you just get rubbished. To be clear, I'm not makin any "claims", I'm just setting out some science. There are no studies on specific steroids and hair loss, bar testosterone, so these are only theories, but theories backed up by a bit of science, which is at least a little better than "broscience".

There is no evidence that I am aware of that prove that androgenic activity causes hairloss in the form of male pattern baldness, unless DHT is involved. If you know of any, please prove me wrong.

And whilst we're at it, by the same tone, why don't you show me some evidence that 1000mg deca and 100mg Anavar will cause hairloss?

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 08:25:40 PM »
This is the problem when you try to present information to people on the message boards, you just get rubbished. To be clear, I'm not makin any "claims", I'm just setting out some science. There are no studies on specific steroids and hair loss, bar testosterone, so these are only theories, but theories backed up by a bit of science, which is at least a little better than "broscience".

There is no evidence that I am aware of that prove that androgenic activity causes hairloss in the form of male pattern baldness, unless DHT is involved. If you know of any, please prove me wrong.

And whilst we're at it, by the same tone, why don't you show me some evidence that 1000mg deca and 100mg Anavar will cause hairloss?
What is this science???
you are gay.