Author Topic: last week contest prep stratagies?  (Read 3460 times)

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
last week contest prep stratagies?
« on: March 21, 2006, 04:04:46 PM »
 ??? I'm curious about how different peoples contest prep differs when it comes to the last week of prep as far as diet goes. I'm looking for any suggestions as far as carb depleating, water intake reduction, cardio, carbing up etc. Just wondering if what I am doing could be tweeked any. So far my stratagy has worked pretty well for me but the competition is definetly getting more advanced all the time. Any input would be much appreciated.

TRAIN TO WIN!! ;)

Lovetopull

• Getbig II
Re: last week contest prep stratagies?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »
Pending what day you step on stage, you should usually stop your leg work 7 days out.
I stop upper body Wednesday (I still train Wednesday)
I drop sodium on Thursday (provided you sodium load)
I drop water 17-20 hours before I get on stage (I only drink the same amount I urinate out, in water of course)
Lots of stretching, Massage would be good for Thursday, dont just lay around-stretch friday and pose(this keeps muscles active and allows them to harden without much effort)

This post should be on the natural board anyway. Not in this section. This is what Div will tell you. Just a friendly warning before you get hazed.

By the way, you need to give more info. You are asking us to do the work for you, and that wont go over well either.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 05:54:48 PM »

By the way, you need to give more info. You are asking us to do the work for you, and that wont go over well either.
Exactly! Lay out what you do now, that will give everyone a clearer picture and make it easier to pin point holes if there are any...I'm sure there are a few week points.

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 10:49:23 PM »
??? I'm curious about how different peoples contest prep differs when it comes to the last week of prep as far as diet goes. I'm looking for any suggestions as far as carb depleating, water intake reduction, cardio, carbing up etc. Just wondering if what I am doing could be tweeked any. So far my stratagy has worked pretty well for me but the competition is definetly getting more advanced all the time. Any input would be much appreciated.

TRAIN TO WIN!! ;)

TO ALL....Please disreguard didn't mean to post in this section...Bad AMNIMAL!!! I'll apolagize ahead of time. I'll repost in a more appropriate section. (thanks lovetopull and Arnold Jr)