Author Topic: I lack all emotions  (Read 3694 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Re: I lack all emotions
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 09:42:51 AM »
I've probably been through and seen more 'shit' than most GetBiggers but have never had the need to take anything stronger than an aspirin.

But I have noticed that a good number of the 'younger generation' are somewhat dependant on some type of prescription drugs.

Can anyone with 'smarts' make an attempt at explaining that to me?

And .... Call me 'stupid' but I just recently discovered that marijauna is now legal within the state of Nevada.

Having lived throughout the years of the marijauna craze and the incarceration of those who 'partook' of the illegal substance, I find it interesting that the 'situation' has changed completely and that its use has become legal for one and all ...... as long as you get a doctor's prescription which will set  you back approximately $300 ... So I have been told. And purchase it from a legal source.

How many GetBiggers take advantage of this present situation?

You are partially right BUT...there seems to be more understanding today about certain issues than yesteryear. Battle Fatigue has turned into PTSD and now is being treated. Today's professionals are never away from work. Email, cell phones etc. etc put the office right in the home...so now there are no more excuses. Sad...I know but that is the way things are going. You see people complain about kids using cellphones but what they don't understand is we put a ton of responsibility on our kids to learn. Back when you went to school, kindergarten was a half day. Now, if your children don't go to Pre-3 and 4 they are behind. Children need to know how to operate a computer in first grade. I could go on and on about this...but for the original poster, stay off of sites like this, it can get nasty and very unhealthy at times.

MAKE GETBIG GREAT AGAIN.11111111111111

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »
PIP

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 10:11:31 AM »
You are partially right BUT...there seems to be more understanding today about certain issues than yesteryear. Battle Fatigue has turned into PTSD and now is being treated. Today's professionals are never away from work. Email, cell phones etc. etc put the office right in the home...so now there are no more excuses. Sad...I know but that is the way things are going. You see people complain about kids using cellphones but what they don't understand is we put a ton of responsibility on our kids to learn. Back when you went to school, kindergarten was a half day. Now, if your children don't go to Pre-3 and 4 they are behind. Children need to know how to operate a computer in first grade. I could go on and on about this...but for the original poster, stay off of sites like this, it can get nasty and very unhealthy at times.

MAKE GETBIG GREAT AGAIN.11111111111111

Kids today will have it worse.  They now have ipads in elementary school so they are always logged on and virtually in school.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 10:17:25 AM »
No, I'm not a psychopath but I've been taking Citalopram for a few years now.  I had serious anxiety issues and the dr. prescribed it to me a few years back.  Since then I lack all emotions.  I am basically just bored most of the time.  If something makes me angry, I'll get to the point where I might snap and in an instant I calm right back to normal.  A friend of mine I hadn't seen for years was hanging out and some asshole was causing trouble.  he saw I was getting mad but then calmed right down and he asked me "how did you not snap?"  He was shocked at how quickly I just went back to "normal".  I rarely get excited anymore.  Nothing excites me.  I never get sad no matter what and I'm rarely happy.  I am just sort of numb to the world.  One side effect is the tip of my cock gets numb.  Makes it so hard to cum sometimes.  Can just fuck until I'm exhausted and I just stop.  When I do cum I feel the sensation of it then it's just blech. Sort of goes away.

I want to stop taking this shit but my doctor thinks I should stay on it since my BP has been excellent and I've been sleeping better.

Any of you guys take this shit?

Do you still suffer from anxiety?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 10:19:19 AM »

not that I know of.  As mentioned whenever I seem to stray emotionally into one direction something takes over in my head that keeps me even keeled, it's like a sedentary state.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 11:06:28 AM »
Were you undergoing therapy when you started taking the citalopram?

Without therapy these drugs are much less effective and your chances of beating your anxiety/depression slim.  They need to combined, unless you don't mind taking an SSRI for the rest of your life.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 11:33:29 AM »
Most people lose emotions with age! The awares of how pathetic life is just mak eu dont care anymore haha. People can die or do whatever they fuck want. What can we do? Nothing! Just forget, turn your head around, close your eyes and keep moving forward!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 11:48:20 AM »
Most people lose emotions with age! The awares of how pathetic life is just mak eu dont care anymore haha. People can die or do whatever they fuck want. What can we do? Nothing! Just forget, turn your head around, close your eyes and keep moving forward!

doesn't it make you happe when the occasional tranny sucks you off?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2016, 12:08:12 PM »
I used Citalopram for 6 months, I felt amazing on it, always positive and always psyched up, full of energy, very social and not really bothered by anything and just feeling at my optimum all the time.

However, when I voluntarily stopped it took me over a year for my sex drive and erections to recover, though I never had any problems at all while on it and it had actually increased my sex drive.

I'm glad I stopped using anti-depressants because I think long-term use would permanently alter my brain and perhaps make me dependent on the same or similar medication for the rest of my life...

BUT, I do believe it's purpose is to help a person get through a rough patch, to give them a boost when they need it, but not to rely on it forever.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 12:11:14 PM »
FALLSVIEW, Thanks! I didn't consider that "there seems to be more understanding today about certain issues than yesteryear", but now I think that you are 100% correct.

I now realize that people are no-more 'sick' today than they used to be!

It's just that we know much more now than we used to know!

I have gotten a little bit smarter as a result of reading your response,but I also realize that I will get a little bit dum-mer if I continue to read too many other GetBig commentaries.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 01:25:27 PM »
Were you undergoing therapy when you started taking the citalopram?

Without therapy these drugs are much less effective and your chances of beating your anxiety/depression slim.  They need to combined, unless you don't mind taking an SSRI for the rest of your life.

No Therapy and it wasn't even offered.  I could probably benefit from it though.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 01:29:16 PM »
I don't know if this is normal, but zoloft works straight away for me.

As such I only take as needed. A few times a year maybe. When I notice my mood taking a dive, heading towards depression, caused by an out of control negative thinking spiral.

I just pop a zoloft in the morning and a few hours later I feel it start to kick in. By the afternoon, my negative thought loops stop and I feel comfortably numb and even happy.

I just take zoloft for a few days to give my brain a rest from negativity, and this usually snaps me out of depression and brings me back to some sort of normalcy (depression is always below the surface waiting, I can feel it).

I get the sides fast too, lose interest in sex, can't come, feel zombie like. I can't imagine being on all the time, I'd rather have mild depression.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2016, 01:38:32 PM »

Can you slowly ween yourself off taking the drug and see how you feel?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 01:40:17 PM »

you replied to your own quote, you know that, right?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2016, 01:51:54 PM »
you replied to your own quote, you know that, right?
he got his gimmicks confused?
A

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2016, 02:16:04 PM »

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2016, 02:21:11 PM »
http://media.utoronto.ca/media-releases/moderate-exercise-not-only-treats-but-prevents-depression/

I went into depression over a decade ago when I had my motorcycle accident and ended up in the hospital with two broken legs and busted arm.   Just lying in a hospital bed for over a month like I did was enough to trigger depression severe enough I was wanting to die.   And my depression didn't get lifted until I was able to get out of the hospital and start basically walking again (first on a walker, then crutches, and then finally on my own).   So yeah, just getting physical exercise can literally be the difference between life and death for some.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2016, 02:59:05 PM »

I've googled it and there seems to be a long process of lowering the dose.  I also read about brain shocks that occur.  Fucking sounds horrible.  I see my doc in June.  Will discuss it with him.  I just want to be myself.  Sucks having good things happen and wanting to get excited about it and not being able to.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »

I went into depression over a decade ago when I had my motorcycle accident and ended up in the hospital with two broken legs and busted arm.   Just lying in a hospital bed for over a month like I did was enough to trigger depression severe enough I was wanting to die.   And my depression didn't get lifted until I was able to get out of the hospital and start basically walking again (first on a walker, then crutches, and then finally on my own).   So yeah, just getting physical exercise can literally be the difference between life and death for some.

damn, sounds rly frustrating as hell. how u doing these days ?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
I've googled it and there seems to be a long process of lowering the dose.  I also read about brain shocks that occur.  Fucking sounds horrible.  I see my doc in June.  Will discuss it with him.  I just want to be myself.  Sucks having good things happen and wanting to get excited about it and not being able to.

i hope u will get through this

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2016, 03:15:58 PM »
Dude, not to sound like a dick, but man up. All you have to do is stage off it. Your doctor can give to a plan. I'm taking about 10% of what I took in college. I still take a very low dose because I still get a panic attack every 1-3 months are so. So basically it feels like i'm dying every 1-3 months for about 5 -10 mins.  :-\
A

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2016, 03:18:57 PM »
No Therapy and it wasn't even offered.  I could probably benefit from it though.

Taking the antidepressants by themselves wont correct negative thought processes, but it can help make your brain more receptive to change.  That's where the therapy comes into play.  Ideally you'll learn how to identify maladaptive thought processes and replace them with more positive thinking--something which can last you a lifetime.  Granted this isn't always 100% successful of course, but therapy + medication is far more likely to work than either of them by themselves.

I'm sure it wasn't easy to admit you have an issue but recognizing that something is wrong is an important first step.  Good luck.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »
I weep for society if some event caused the constant supply of SSRI drugs to be interrupted.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2016, 03:22:29 PM »
I weep for society if some event caused the constant supply of SSRI drugs to be interrupted.

1 out of 10 American adults take an antidepressant medication of some sort...it boggles the mind.