Author Topic: Romney: Trump Will ‘Have to Deal with Things Far More Complicated than Republica  (Read 1164 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
breitbart

Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney is again warning his party of the dangers of a Donald Trump nomination, saying a three-man race likely paves the way for the New York billionaire to capture the nomination on the first ballot of this summer’s GOP convention in Cleveland.

The former Massachusetts governor, in an interview on “The David Gregory Show” podcast saysTuesday’s New York primary is an important moment in the primary fight.

“If (Gov. John Kasich and Sen. Ted Cruz) are both going at it aggressively until the very end then I think Trump gets it on the first ballot,” Romney said.

Responding to Trump’s criticism about the GOP delegate rules, Romney was dismissive, saying the rules were well known more than a year ago. And, taking another swipe at Trump, he told Gregory it’s a good thing the rules are difficult.

“After all these rules are a lot simpler than the rules of foreign affairs or the rules of our economy. And if you want to be president, you are going to have to deal with things far more complicated than republican delegate rules,” he said.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
breitbart

Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney is again warning his party of the dangers of a Donald Trump nomination, saying a three-man race likely paves the way for the New York billionaire to capture the nomination on the first ballot of this summer’s GOP convention in Cleveland.

The former Massachusetts governor, in an interview on “The David Gregory Show” podcast saysTuesday’s New York primary is an important moment in the primary fight.

“If (Gov. John Kasich and Sen. Ted Cruz) are both going at it aggressively until the very end then I think Trump gets it on the first ballot,” Romney said.

Responding to Trump’s criticism about the GOP delegate rules, Romney was dismissive, saying the rules were well known more than a year ago. And, taking another swipe at Trump, he told Gregory it’s a good thing the rules are difficult.

After all these rules are a lot simpler than the rules of foreign affairs or the rules of our economy. And if you want to be president, you are going to have to deal with things far more complicated than republican delegate rules,” he said.

Ouch!  :-[

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
No problem

I think people are forgetting that Trump said this when asked about foreign policy

I think it pretty much covers all possible issues

“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853#ixzz46PFPG7cx
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Romney had his chance and he ran a terrible campaign.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Romney had his chance and he ran a terrible campaign.

Seriously, who the fuck does he think he is?  he lost to the negroid that America hated.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Romney's prob is that he's a RINO who ran as a republican.

Same problem trump has ;)

TheShape.

• Getbig V
No problem

I think people are forgetting that Trump said this when asked about foreign policy

I think it pretty much covers all possible issues

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853#ixzz46PFPG7cx
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
He's the only one up there who has worked out actual business deals with people from other countries, he knows how trade works and he knows how to make a deal. He wrote the book on deal making and that's what the president does, he makes deals. Deal with it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
He's the only one up there who has worked out actual business deals with people from other countries, he knows how trade works and he knows how to make a deal. He wrote the book on deal making and that's what the president does, he makes deals. Deal with it.

Trump has been TERRIBLE at making deals with delegates in all these states.  Winning the popular vote where people vote, but total shit when it comes to making deals with powerful people in states.

No denying it, no debating it.  He's bitching daily about how the system is rigged, how the game is unfair.   ACTUAL businessmen will assess every situation and find a way to get that advantage... not go on MSNBC and complain when you're beat in state after state, over and over.

I think it's intentional... but the alternative is worse... Trump is just that shitty at organization, at dealing with people in power, at getting shit done in places where he ALREADY has very good advantages (money, free press, very popular in polls).   Imagine when things ARENT stacked his way?

TheShape.

• Getbig V

Trump has been TERRIBLE at making deals with delegates in all these states.  Winning the popular vote where people vote, but total shit when it comes to making deals with powerful people in states.

No denying it, no debating it.  He's bitching daily about how the system is rigged, how the game is unfair.   ACTUAL businessmen will assess every situation and find a way to get that advantage... not go on MSNBC and complain when you're beat in state after state, over and over.

I think it's intentional... but the alternative is worse... Trump is just that shitty at organization, at dealing with people in power, at getting shit done in places where he ALREADY has very good advantages (money, free press, very popular in polls).   Imagine when things ARENT stacked his way?
But the problem is the "system" is completely RIGGED! You have trump delegates that are being taken out in favor of Lyin' Ted. WE THE PEOPLE put them there and the GOP is changing them to Cruz delegates. This is not fair by any standards, their only argument is that it's their party and they choose. If they believe that so much why even have us fucking vote in the first place. The GOP is playing with matches next to a pool of gasoline at this point. We shouldn't have to make back room deals with these people that should be representing OUR votes. Donald himself mentions multiple times he will not do back room deals and act according to this corrupt ideal of "taking care" of these delegates.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
But the problem is the "system" is completely RIGGED!

Agreed.  Completely.  And Trump had no problem accepting these terms about 9 months back when he entered the race.  He KNEW what the rules were, and he entered the race anyway. 

He had no complaints about the system when he was winning these primaries and caucuses.  He had no complaints in NY, where he gets 60% of the votes and 97% of the delegates.

A truly badass businessman is capable of winning in ANY situation.  WHen he is up a billion bucks, has complete coverage anytime he wants, and is leading nearly every poll from minute #1... well, he SHOULD have done what it takes to make those deals.

IF he's unwilling to get dirty with backroom deals when it comes to a few idiot delegates in colorado, I got news for ya... Being president it about a whole lot more of a whole lot WORSE backroom deals, with very bad people about very bad things.   If trump doesn't have the stomach to make deals in Wisconsin, what the heck will he do against Russia and NKorea?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Agreed.  Completely.  And Trump had no problem accepting these terms about 9 months back when he entered the race.  He KNEW what the rules were, and he entered the race anyway. 

He had no complaints about the system when he was winning these primaries and caucuses.  He had no complaints in NY, where he gets 60% of the votes and 97% of the delegates.

A truly badass businessman is capable of winning in ANY situation.  WHen he is up a billion bucks, has complete coverage anytime he wants, and is leading nearly every poll from minute #1... well, he SHOULD have done what it takes to make those deals.

IF he's unwilling to get dirty with backroom deals when it comes to a few idiot delegates in colorado, I got news for ya... Being president it about a whole lot more of a whole lot WORSE backroom deals, with very bad people about very bad things.   If trump doesn't have the stomach to make deals in Wisconsin, what the heck will he do against Russia and NKorea?
What I believe is, he is doing it on purpose to a point. Think about it, he has all these political strategists that he's hired who have years if experience with these things. He knows how this system works but he's playing it in a totally different way, he is bringing this to the voters attention, whom many of them are ignorant to such GOP rules. Then we the voters see this system as corrupt, and it is corrupt. But he's bringing this information to light for all to see, for all 24/7 news networks to advertise for him scott free and when the voters realize that this shit goes on they get pissed, and when enough people get pissed things start to happen. Mr. Trump a master chess player percussionist extraordinaire, he knows exactly what he's doing, every move is carefully planned and as of right now the GOP is being backed into the corner.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
What I believe is, he is doing it on purpose to a point. Think about it, he has all these political strategists that he's hired who have years if experience with these things. He knows how this system works but he's playing it in a totally different way, he is bringing this to the voters attention, whom many of them are ignorant to such GOP rules. Then we the voters see this system as corrupt, and it is corrupt. But he's bringing this information to light for all to see, for all 24/7 news networks to advertise for him scott free and when the voters realize that this shit goes on they get pissed, and when enough people get pissed things start to happen. Mr. Trump a master chess player percussionist extraordinaire, he knows exactly what he's doing, every move is carefully planned and as of right now the GOP is being backed into the corner.

LOL!  Classic getbig quote.   I think he's a heck of a marketer.  I think he's very shallow on knowledge of world affairs, I think even his biggest fans would agree with that.  He didn't have answers about nuclear triad.   He's thin there, but advisers can fix that. 

I agree with you that he is likely losing these delegates ON PURPOSE.   

My reasoning is very different from yours.  I think he doesn't want the job - he wants to slink out under the guise of the people's champion, screwed over by a corrupt political system.  He's a billionaire with supermodel wife whose life is ALREADY pampered 100x more than any president will ever see.  I think he's a ribbon-cutter, a bigger idea guy... but the day to day grind of reading boring classified geopolitical alert documents 12 hours a day is not something he wants to do.

I guess we'll see.  IF he uses the "system" as the reason he bails, it'll prove he never wanted the job.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
LOL!  Classic getbig quote.   I think he's a heck of a marketer.  I think he's very shallow on knowledge of world affairs, I think even his biggest fans would agree with that.  He didn't have answers about nuclear triad.   He's thin there, but advisers can fix that. 

I agree with you that he is likely losing these delegates ON PURPOSE.   

My reasoning is very different from yours.  I think he doesn't want the job - he wants to slink out under the guise of the people's champion, screwed over by a corrupt political system.  He's a billionaire with supermodel wife whose life is ALREADY pampered 100x more than any president will ever see.  I think he's a ribbon-cutter, a bigger idea guy... but the day to day grind of reading boring classified geopolitical alert documents 12 hours a day is not something he wants to do.

I guess we'll see.  IF he uses the "system" as the reason he bails, it'll prove he never wanted the job.
He's been complaining about how the world is run forever as you can see in past interviews, even a little tease of a presidential bid. I do not believe he would get into this if he knew he couldn't win, he's said this 30 years ago and it remains true. It's the perfect time now and that's why he followed through, it was really now or never. Trump does think "big" and what's bigger than being president of the united states? He only sleeps an average of 4 hours a night anyways, he would love the job. He doesn't need to do this but I'm sure glad he is, he wants to give something back to the country that has given him so much. He's really giving us that voice that never really fit any political party (I like ideas from both sides but lean closer to republican), a vehicle to let the world know how WE feel, and that's really refreshing.