Author Topic: Prince dead at 57  (Read 51880 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Prince dead now
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »
IMO "they" killed him. 57 year old healthy rich men don't die from the flu.

He's been fighting with the Industry elite for decades. He fought to keep his shit off Youtube etc for years. I believe he gave in a year or so ago. One thing is for certain, he is going to be worth more to other people dead than he was alive. He could have felt the walls closing in on him after what is happening to Bill Cosby and the brotherhood faked his death so he wouldn't have to deal with what is probably coming his way. He's already basically a recluse so it wouldn't be much of a change in lifestyle for him.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2016, 03:06:34 PM »
Not a fan of a majority of his music, but Prince was unquestionably a formidable talent.

Like MJ, he was a gifted entertainer, but unlike Wacko, Prince wrote, arranged, played several instruments, produced, engineered, etc.

His talent was infinitely more varied and intimidating than Jackson's.

Of course, like the gloved one, he was a weird little fucker. Don't believe he diddled boys, though. So there's that.

Side note: I love the jackass who says, because he doesn't like Prince's voice, he never understood the hype. Same with Elton J. The clown doesn't understand the songwriting component one bit. In the pop world, being such an all-encompassing talent is hugely rare.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2016, 03:07:24 PM »
I don't believe that story for one second. They knew full well how Prince played guitar, they practiced and rehearsed together. Very few people especially nowadays improvise guitar solos.

MAKE GETBIG GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have a shitload of Prince bootlegs including live shows and rehearsals. His solo's are largely improvised. But you're right, it's highly unlikely the other guys were unaware of his guitar playing skills.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2016, 03:07:56 PM »
dumb question
he was jehovah's witness, can they take meds for the flu? ???
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2016, 03:16:01 PM »
dumb question

He was a JW, but always played by his own rules. Is it even possible for a pop star to be a true JW? lol

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2016, 03:18:28 PM »
Almost no one "writes" a guitar solo for a jam of some tune. A player might think of some basic idea of what he wants to do, but unless you're recording a part for a song you wrote that requires a specific melodic component to contribute to a stated theme, electric guitar players rarely "write" leads.

Even a guy like Vai, in studio, probably only has an idea of where his solo will go, and then he plays several run-throughs, and he either pieces parts together or chooses his favourite pass.

Live, on a jam, Prince would essentially improvise his solo.

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2016, 03:53:06 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2016, 04:22:23 PM »
Almost no one "writes" a guitar solo for a jam of some tune. A player might think of some basic idea of what he wants to do, but unless you're recording a part for a song you wrote that requires a specific melodic component to contribute to a stated theme, electric guitar players rarely "write" leads.

Even a guy like Vai, in studio, probably only has an idea of where his solo will go, and then he plays several run-throughs, and he either pieces parts together or chooses his favourite pass.

Live, on a jam, Prince would essentially improvise his solo.

the best stuff I ever recorded was always landscaped and written with the 8 track ahead of time.   That was before the days of cut n paste.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2016, 04:22:52 PM »
Goodnight, sweet.  :(

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »
He died before he could cancel any concerts in NC.   ::)
K

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2016, 04:41:37 PM »
Are you implying someone is guilty of what happened to Prince?

They finally got him at 57.

The powers that be recognized that prince was no longer a cultural phenomenon and struck while he was a weakened celebrity.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2016, 04:47:39 PM »
They finally got him at 57.

The powers that be recognized that prince was no longer a cultural phenomenon and struck will he was a weakened celebrity.

Would like to have a chat with "the powers that be".

Q

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2016, 04:50:28 PM »
One of the best things I never saw was when he kicked Kim Kardashian off the stage. Basically told her to fuck off .

Rip

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »
Would like to have a chat with "the powers that be".

From the sounds of it, it's a death sentence. Your funeral bruh.

You dont talk about 8 presidents preceding Washington on tv and live 7 years later.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2016, 04:54:40 PM »
One of the best things I never saw was when he kicked Kim Kardashian off the stage. Basically told her to fuck off .

Rip

Really?!

If true, Prince has earned even more goodwill from me.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2016, 05:13:03 PM »
Really?!

If true, Prince has earned even more goodwill from me.

Its on YouTube. I would Post it but for some stupid reason it won't allow me the option to that anymore.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »
Its on YouTube. I would Post it but for some stupid reason it won't allow me the option to that anymore.
Here is one of the vids
[/youtube]

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2016, 05:29:48 PM »
Here is one of the vids
[/youtube]

Longer version.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2016, 06:00:21 PM »

Thought this thread was going to be about Tom Prince.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »

Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.
We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.
Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.
Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.
We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."
We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.
We have made more than a dozen attempts to reach Prince's reps for comment, but they went radio silent.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.
We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.
Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.
Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.
We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."
We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.
We have made more than a dozen attempts to reach Prince's reps for comment, but they went radio silent.

Damn

Drugs, the bane of many an artist and thespian
Q

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »
I believe he was a Jehovah's witness. Depending on how devout, it could have been a factor in his death.

How so?

SupplementGuy

• Getbig III
  • I'm the kind of a person who's the type of dog...
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »
dumb question

Yes. We aren't Christian  Scientists or scientologists. Blood transfusions are prohibited  and that stance has led to huge advances in bloodless surgery that everyone can benefit from. But no, we do not reject traditional medicine.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Prince dead at 57
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »
Turn Vegan for health, but OD on drugs.