Author Topic: Should the policemen have risked their lives to save drowning car thiefs?  (Read 16137 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
It was dark, the water was deep, there could have been gators, he didn't know if they had weapons.  I don't like it, i'd prefer to see a hero, BUT i can accept he didn't do anything.

I don't LIKE his ongoing commentary about them being goners.  Maybe he's in shock, which would explain the classless comments but make us wonder if he's built for field work.

LYING and saying he tried to help them is completely unacceptable.  He's a piece of shit for trying to play the hero card when all he did was deliver unnecessary dark humor commentary as they drowned while he watched.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dashcam-footage-shows-fla-deputies-discussing-whether-to-rescue-girls-who-drowned-in-stolen-car/ar-BBs7xvC?ocid=spartanntp

"
Dashcam Footage Shows Fla. Deputies Discussing Whether to Rescue Girls Who Drowned in Stolen Car

Dominique Battle, Ashaunti Butler and Laniya Miller all died after drowning in a stolen car.© Bay News 9 Screenshot Dominique Battle, Ashaunti Butler and Laniya Miller all died after drowning in a stolen car.
Dashcam footage released show that sheriff's deputies did not try to save three Florida teens who drowned after driving into a cemetery pond in a stolen car last month, Raw Story reports.

Dominque Battle, 16, and Ashaunti Butler and Laniya Miller, both 15, died on March 31, following a car chase with officers. The Pinellas County Sheriff's office had previously claimed that the deputies had taken off their gun belts and entered the pond once they realized that the girls were trapped inside. The officers, however, said that their feet sank in the bottom of the pond, causing them to deem any attempt at rescuing too risky.

Well, they were black so here comes the standard response regarding dindus and so on.

Would YOU risk your life for a thieving dindu?
Q

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Well, they were black so here comes the standard response regarding dindus and so on.

Would YOU risk your life for a thieving dindu?

You think they would have gone in if the thieves were white?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
You think they would have gone in if the thieves were white?
In those waters? Don't think so.

As a police officer you'd have to make a quick split-second educated guess about the risks right on the spot, and you'd risk your life if the probability was a tad higher than dark murky gator-infested waters one would assume.
Q

Fortress

• Getbig V
Not knowing the full facts / circumstances is hard to say what I would of done.
Are cops expected to risk their own lives in such situations ? I doubt it.

A hard call - I don't see how the cops could or should be prosecuted.
I don't see that they broke any laws.

Morally who knows. Easy to say I would of done this or that, afterwards & when not actually there.

Would have/would've

HTH

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
It was dark, the water was deep, there could have been gators, he didn't know if they had weapons.  I don't like it, i'd prefer to see a hero, BUT i can accept he didn't do anything.

I don't LIKE his ongoing commentary about them being goners.  Maybe he's in shock, which would explain the classless comments but make us wonder if he's built for field work.

LYING and saying he tried to help them is completely unacceptable.  He's a piece of shit for trying to play the hero card when all he did was deliver unnecessary dark humor commentary as they drowned while he watched.

We can't say what they did or didn't do. I do think they fudged the story a bit, but we're just seeing a few seconds of angled dash cam footage. Who knows if they did something not on camera.

Also, if I were the parents, I'd offer the news some photos, so they wouldn't have to use my kid's mugshot as their final remembrance -

Fortress

• Getbig V
Their skin colour/ethnicity doesn't make one bit of difference to me: I would NOT have risked my own life to save some delinquents.

Our planet is occupied with over seven billion humans. An individual needs to earn the privilege of being worthy of saving/effort. Otherwise, you're baggage to decent folk.

These girls made poor choices and their cards were quickly punched by nature. Their worthlessness will be replicated a thousand times over (trash reproduces at an alarming rate) during the brief moments it takes for them to cease to exist in that dark, murky pond.

Means nothing.

Their fate wasn't an accident born of innocence. They chose to be scum and now they're dead.

Fuck 'em.

drkaje

• Getbig V
We can't say what they did or didn't do. I do think they fudged the story a bit, but we're just seeing a few seconds of angled dash cam footage. Who knows if they did something not on camera.

Also, if I were the parents, I'd offer the news some photos, so they wouldn't have to use my kid's mugshot as their final remembrance -

Parents should be asking themselves why the kids had mugshots in the first fucking place.

woodman

• Getbig II
yeah mugshots from a previous arrest..hmmmmmmmmm     Unless you had water rescue equipment(lights,ropes,tanks,scuba gear) and were trained I would have done the same thing..what do you cophating idiots think under the police uniform they had there Scuba Steve suit on..come on get real..dark murky water,possible gators and you have no visibilty..cops only duty would have been to call water rescue teams..when cops need help(ie: hostage situations,bank robberies,barricaded perps) they call specialized cop units-(swat,esu,harbor,water rescue,hostage negotiator) these were only patrol cops

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Parents should be asking themselves why the kids had mugshots in the first fucking place.

Sure. I kept looking at them, hoping they were school pictures, or some such.

drkaje

• Getbig V
Sure. I kept looking at them, hoping they were school pictures, or some such.

They'll never turn things around.

I'm pretty much torn on this one. I feel the cops had a duty to try but there's no way to ever know if the conditions were unsafe because of the lies.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
This.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...

Exactly.

No sympathy here. Kids stole a car and the universe said, "No more."

Sucks, but you reap what you sow.

LittleJ

• Getbig V

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
This.
But they dindu nuffin, they was good girls, Michelle Obama about to hash tag for them

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Exactly.

No sympathy here. Kids stole a car and the universe said, "No more."

Sucks, but you reap what you so.

and even reap what you sow.
Q

Twaddle

• Getbig V
The honest and simple answer is:

Only if they can do so safely.  It is there duty to protect and serve.  However, the officer's life safety comes first.  If it puts his life in jeopardy, then no, they do not have to go in the water.  Furthermore, most LEO's are not train in water rescue, firefighters and some medics are.   

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...

Yes... plus "w".

:P

Twaddle

• Getbig V
That's not the story.....the story is that trained officers of the law chose not to act...

LEO's are not trained in still water or swift water rescue.  They do not have the required equipment.  Without a life vest, they would be putting their own lives in danger.  

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Their skin colour/ethnicity doesn't make one bit of difference to me: I would NOT have risked my own life to save some delinquents.

Our planet is occupied with over seven billion humans. An individual needs to earn the privilege of being worthy of saving/effort. Otherwise, you're baggage to decent folk.

These girls made poor choices and their cards were quickly punched by nature. Their worthlessness will be replicated a thousand times over (trash reproduces at an alarming rate) during the brief moments it takes for them to cease to exist in that dark, murky pond.

Means nothing.

Their fate wasn't an accident born of innocence. They chose to be scum and now they're dead.

Fuck 'em.

Well said.

mazrim

• Getbig V
They were 15 and 16 year old girls...
Your point being? Dumb line. Thats plenty old enough to use common sense/know what is right and wrong. People need to stop acting like just because you are young you are going to do something wrong and illegal. Just boys/girls being boys/girls....
You can make arguments but thats a very poor one to use as a reason.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
You're just love Toms
I'm not gay, LittleRacistJihad
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Would have/would've

HTH

Not really.
It's a Internet forum - Not a School English Class / Exam.
I'm sure there are plenty of Gramatical English Forums
That Would Appreciate your Help.
Why Not Go to one of Them & Display your talent.

HTH.

drkaje

• Getbig V
The honest and simple answer is:

Only if they can do so safely.  It is there duty to protect and serve.  However, the officer's life safety comes first.  If it puts his life in jeopardy, then no, they do not have to go in the water.  Furthermore, most LEO's are not train in water rescue, firefighters and some medics are.   

You'll never know the true risk level because they lied.

"He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much."

Dave D

• Getbig V

Some actually reap what they sew.

Horrible and tragic event. I'd have to imagine those cops would have some remorse and felt helpless and are haunted by the cries for help.

You would think they would have tried to do something..... but again the unknown factors really play a major role. The gator issue is legit and maybe they couldn't swim,  I sure hope there's more to the story than what's been released.