Author Topic: Should the policemen have risked their lives to save drowning car thiefs?  (Read 16109 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
no.....not that..
Turn off your body cam, and post.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Pretty obvious they thought they were dead at that point....

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Looks like another win for modern technology.  Without audio, the pigs would not only have gotten away with their obvious neglect of duty, they would have probably shown their muddy shoes and be praised for heroics...."Look, Sarge....ma boots are dirty for tryin to save the youngins....duh."  Dumb fuckers can't even figure  out they are being recorded.

Now, hopefully they will be fired and sued in civil court.  

I don't get it....You rip cops continually and now you want them to risk their lives to save you and your people....which is it?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
The average cop in my neck of the woods has problems running a sub 10 minute mile

I'd absolutely LOVE to see them try to rescue anything other than themselves in a dark swamp
a

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
I don't get it....You rip cops continually and now you want them to risk their lives to save you and your people....which is it?

"You and your people"  lol....  I'm not black, teenaged, or a poorly skilled driver who steals cars. I'm guessing your comment is a veiled racist comment.  Keep the veil on, because if you said the same thing to a black guy (or woman) they would probably beat your ass....

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
You're the one morelikely to be of inbred offspring. Doubt your scared little ass gets out of town much.
Not sure what point you're trying to make here Donny, everything you write emits inferiority and insecurity.

Dumber than Dumb.. 8)

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
It's always amusing to see people bashing the police (or otherwise) for failure to act, or acting too much.

The problem with this is that hindsight is always so much easier. You have all the time in the world to nitpick small little details which people at the time may have missed. To sit behind your desk, searching for other such instances, and drawing parallels which may indeed be correct, but not necessarily applicable.

Look at governments, look at agencies. There is so much pressure to do what is 'right' while in reality situations are often not so binary in; black and white. But rather a much more complex different shades of grey. Facing both political and public backlash following split moment decisions with limited information available.

Ask yourself what you would have done, would you have ran in? Would you have risked your life? It's in everyone's nature to do or say what is deemed right in the eye of the public, and extensive research has gone into such behaviour. The reality is that many act different than they say. Sure, if you assume that government workers should be upheld to a higher standard and more committed to protect and serve than others, where does this logic end? When does this logic override the right to live and protect oneself? There is no social contract committing one person to give their own live for another.

The behavior of the officers, whether or not they made any attempts, is very much understandable. Just like it understandable for the young girls to panic and attempt to flee following their infraction. As such it is not really a question of right and wrong, but more about the interplay of circumstance and understanding the (ir)rational behind decisions.

Would have and should have scenario's for the most part are endless biased discussions, culminating in nothing more than endless discussions in absence of clear evidence and information.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
Dumber than Dumb.. 8)

Donny, if you're going to introduce gradations to levels of being dumb; please consider you're likened to the intellect of a vegetable.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
"You and your people"  lol....  I'm not black, teenaged, or a poorly skilled driver who steals cars. I'm guessing your comment is a veiled racist comment.  Keep the veil on, because if you said the same thing to a black guy (or woman) they would probably beat your ass....

Don't be ashamed to be Black...be proud of your Race.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda

My bad, i've always thought you were one of the blacks.

My apologies for insulting you.
Q

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
 :D :D :D
a

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
Don't be ashamed to be Black...be proud of your Race.

You capitalized the word "black."  It's not only wrong and stupid....it shows you have respect and most likely fear of the black man.  If not fear, envy.

I'm guessing you secretly want Bill Cosby to pill you up and fuck your filthy shit pipe.  Furthermore, you definitely masturbated often to Good Times as a weak, sickly, fatherless child.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
You capitalized the word "black."  It's not only wrong and stupid....it shows you have respect and most likely fear of the black man.  If not fear, envy.

I'm guessing you secretly want Bill Cosby to pill you up and fuck your filthy shit pipe.  Furthermore, you definitely masterbated often to Good Times as a weak, sickly, fatherless child.

You think he craves the BBC?

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
You think he craves the BBC?

Indeed......

Why, I bet this chocolate pole smoker frequents department store restrooms trolling for the infected, dark meat his mouth and anus crave....

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Indeed......

Why, I bet this chocolate pole smoker frequents department store restrooms trolling for the infected, dark meat his mouth and anus crave....

Makes sense.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
Personally I don't think The police knew these guys were black in the first place but the black community will try use racism as a reason they weren't saved and try get a few quid from the city/police department.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
Indeed......

Why are you ashamed to admit you are Black?

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
Why are you ashamed to admit you are Black?

Stop hitting on me, you wrinkled mudshark.

Now grab some lube, turn on BET, and get cranking.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

K1RB

• Getbig III
Karma is a bitch...lol
Idiots got what they deserved-

bigmc

• Getbig V
you can tell deacon is typing with a police baton up his ass
T

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
you can tell deacon is typing with a police baton up his ass

Of course I am, pig.

Just because you play "Taste test" with your blue butt brothers doesn't mean everyone does.

Hey pigmc, does lowly traffic cop ass taste different than incompetent detective colon?  Hahahahaha...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Of course I am, pig.

Just because you play "Taste test" with your blue butt brothers doesn't mean everyone does.

Hey pigmc, does lowly traffic cop ass taste different than incompetent detective colon?  Hahahahaha...
You would never say that to a cops face.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
You would never say that to a cops face.

Correct....you should never talk to a cop.

Griffith

• Getbig V
No.

Death is an accepted part of the risk when it comes to robbery or theft.

We all make our own decisions.