Author Topic: This Is The American Pit Bull Terrier  (Read 1169 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
This Is The American Pit Bull Terrier
« on: April 22, 2016, 03:19:51 PM »
For those interested in learning more about the American Pit Bull Terrier, I am creating this thread to give some links and articles.

Richard Stratton is the best writer on The APBT and his second book, The book of the American Pit Bull Terrier is available at the link below.

http://www.sporting-dog-news.com/the-book-of-the-american-pit-bull-terrier-richard-f-stratton/

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: This Is The American Pit Bull Terrier
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 06:48:14 PM »
i'm going to let you finish but i just want to say that Boston terriers are the best dogs of all time!!
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: This Is The American Pit Bull Terrier
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:15:30 PM »
The first Pit Bulls coming from Ireland came to Boston with the Irish immigrants and many of those dogs were 30 pounds or less.   ;)

I'm not proposing that the APBT is the best dog for everyone.  In fact I would prefer only the most responsible owners own them.  What I'm trying to do is teach people to understand the breed and what has happened to the breed over the last 100 years.  

To understand the APBT you have to understand dog fighting.  The APBT is not full of hate when it fights another dog any more than a bird dog if full of hate for birds or a guy Hound is full of hate for racoons.  This breed has been breed for over 200 years to enjoy fighting and never quit, ever.  The fact that they don't quit is called gameness and is the defining trait of the breed.

Are there bad pit bulls? yes, but there are many more that are good.  The problem is that the people that owned them 100 years ago wouldn't breed a bad dog.  The people that own them now will only breed the bad dogs and it's these dogs and these owners that have destroyed the reputation of the breed.

Any owner that owns one needs to understand the fighting instinct around other dogs and keep them separated.  Instead, some owners let their dogs loose and attack others dogs which leads to the general public fearing and hating these dogs.

I'm proposing the Boston is the best dog for 90% of people.  And one of the only good things to come out of Boston ;D I'm looking at you Ben asslick the superhero killer
A