Author Topic: INJECTIONS... TRUTHS AND MYTHS  (Read 5675 times)

Slick Vic

Re: INJECTIONS... TRUTHS AND MYTHS
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 09:14:22 AM »
  I suppose I could use the same needle if I had to, but the risk isn't worth it.

DIV
That's what I'm saying.

Brooks

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 12:51:09 PM »
So if everything is absolutely clean and sterile and you switch to a new needle to inject is it still possible to get abcess?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 06:13:28 PM »
So if everything is absolutely clean and sterile and you switch to a new needle to inject is it still possible to get abcess?

Anything is possible, Brooks.

This is life we're talking about here.

Is anything 100% guaranteed?   ???

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »
^I do this everytime, without fail.  The drawing needle is 21G, the sticking needle is 25G.  This is your body we're talking about after all.  I suppose I could use the same needle if I had to, but the risk isn't worth it.

DIV
I'll never understand why people do not always do this. It's not like you're saving time and money using the same pin.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 09:40:19 PM »
Anything is possible, Brooks.

This is life we're talking about here.

Is anything 100% guaranteed?   ???

DIV

Why is everyone so scared of getting abcess? Is it that common?   I am trying to be super careful everytime.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 10:18:28 PM »

Why is everyone so scared of getting abcess? Is it that common?   I am trying to be super careful everytime.

Because abcesses are serious infections......elave scars and damage muscle tissue.  It's serious shit, Jonathon.

Just clean the area with alcohol wipes thoroughly and switch needles, go balls deep and you should be straight.

That's all you can do.

DIV

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 04:56:39 AM »
Take a good look at Marcus Ruhl's shoulder and lat areas, and you'll see why it's a big deal.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 03:30:05 AM »
Take a good look at Marcus Ruhl's shoulder and lat areas, and you'll see why it's a big deal.

Ruhl has synthol in his delts........that not strictly an abscess situation.

DIV

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 03:35:31 AM »
Ruhl has synthol in his delts........that not strictly an abscess situation.

DIV

I'm not talking about the shape of the muscles--he clearly has massive scars in his skin, the type of hypertrophic scarring that only comes from a wound left to heal by secondary intention (i.e. without skin closure).  The wound is left to granulate from within. This is typical in the treatment of an abcess.

I don't know this for a fact, but I'd bet the farm on it (by the way, he's one of my favorite BB's)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2006, 04:17:33 AM »
I'm not talking about the shape of the muscles--he clearly has massive scars in his skin, the type of hypertrophic scarring that only comes from a wound left to heal by secondary intention (i.e. without skin closure).  The wound is left to granulate from within. This is typical in the treatment of an abcess.

I don't know this for a fact, but I'd bet the farm on it (by the way, he's one of my favorite BB's)

Fair enough.  Sounds like you've looked closely at this. 

Explain further what you mean by "granulate from within".  I know what granulate means, but how does the healing change between "normal" healing and when it is allowed to granulate?

Interesting.

DIV

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 07:25:34 AM »
Explain further what you mean by "granulate from within".  I know what granulate means, but how does the healing change between "normal" healing and when it is allowed to granulate?

Interesting.

DIV

Typically, surgical incisions are closed completely and cosmetically with sutures at the end of a procedure.  When treating infections where an abcess has occurred, closing the skin after thoroughly cleaning out the area would allow pus to reaccumulate.  In these cases, the entire wound can be left open, and it is typically packed with sterile gauze and covered.  These dressings are removed and replaced each day using a technique called "wet-to-dry" dressing changes.  The dressing is placed on slightly moist, and then it dries and adheres to the surrounding tissue.  The next day when the dressing is removed, it peels off ("debrides") the dead tissue layer., As the bed of healing progresses, a beefy red tissue (called "granulation tissue") occurs, and less and less packing can be placed at each dressing changes  The wound cavity gets smaller and smaller over time until the skin finally reepithelializes over it.

This type of healing can be very satisfactory, but certainly causes a lot more scar tissue not just at the skin surface, but also within the underlying tissue.  Operating at a site of a previous area that has undergone this type of healing can be very difficult, as the tissue planes are all adhered together. 

In many cases, the resultant surface scar is less than cosmetic in appearance.  If you look at some of the pro bodybuilders closely, these areas are apparent.  Again, I don't know if this is truly the case with Mr. Ruhl, but his scars in those areas would be very typical of a previous abcess.   

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2006, 07:54:35 PM »
Typically, surgical incisions are closed completely and cosmetically with sutures at the end of a procedure.  When treating infections where an abcess has occurred, closing the skin after thoroughly cleaning out the area would allow pus to reaccumulate.  In these cases, the entire wound can be left open, and it is typically packed with sterile gauze and covered.  These dressings are removed and replaced each day using a technique called "wet-to-dry" dressing changes.  The dressing is placed on slightly moist, and then it dries and adheres to the surrounding tissue.  The next day when the dressing is removed, it peels off ("debrides") the dead tissue layer., As the bed of healing progresses, a beefy red tissue (called "granulation tissue") occurs, and less and less packing can be placed at each dressing changes  The wound cavity gets smaller and smaller over time until the skin finally reepithelializes over it.

This type of healing can be very satisfactory, but certainly causes a lot more scar tissue not just at the skin surface, but also within the underlying tissue.  Operating at a site of a previous area that has undergone this type of healing can be very difficult, as the tissue planes are all adhered together. 

In many cases, the resultant surface scar is less than cosmetic in appearance.  If you look at some of the pro bodybuilders closely, these areas are apparent.  Again, I don't know if this is truly the case with Mr. Ruhl, but his scars in those areas would be very typical of a previous abcess.   

Thanks.  Great expanation, Freaker.

Sounds almost like the case with burn victims, where the flesh melds together with no clear layers.

DIV

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2006, 09:12:20 PM »
y
ah yeah Im a voodo child

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV