Author Topic: Major CRUZ announcement at 4pm  (Read 4224 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Major CRUZ announcement at 4pm
« on: April 27, 2016, 06:59:50 AM »
1) Announces VP choice?  Kasich or Carly??

2)   ???

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Major CRUZ announcement at 4pm
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 07:00:55 AM »
3 ) Whines through the whole thing.

I am choosing #3.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 08:53:31 AM »
Please be a VP pick, haha. Leading from behind.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 08:59:03 AM »
3 ) Whines through the whole thing.

I am choosing #3.

That would be Trump. The guy with all the hype but with no plan.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:14 AM »

you said you liked a lot of his ideas.

Now you're saying he has no plan.

Is it both?

Picking a VP choice on the day you've just been mathematically eliminated would be a very odd move.  He called for Rubio and kasich to withdraw as soon as they were mathematically eliminated.  Cruz went from 2% chance to 0% chance as of late last night.  A move to add Carly to the ticket would have been an awesome move - in February.  Today it'd be strange.  "Trump just reached a point where he cannot mathematically be stopped, so TODAY I want to change the conversation to how much I love women and how much donald hates women.

Good move - 8 weeks ago. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 10:21:07 AM »
1) Announces VP choice?  Kasich or Carly??

2)   ???

most likely announcing that he was a long time client of the DC Madam and will release various videos of himself with mulitiple prostitutes and various barn yard animals

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 11:09:26 AM »

Trump is all bluff.

Cruz is nothing but a whining little crybaby.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 11:21:46 AM »
Fiorina as running mate?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 11:36:21 AM »
Fiorina as running mate?

Yep.  Pass me the barf bag!  :-X

Fortunately, two losers do not = a winner.  ::)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 11:40:01 AM »
Fiorina as running mate?

As if he wasn't already a disaster... I guess he's trying to pander for the brokered convention.

Convenient before the California primaries huh?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 11:40:10 AM »
Yep.  Pass me the barf bag!  :-X

Fortunately, two losers do not = a winner.  ::)

If that is his announcement, I would like to see Fiorina backtrack on this:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/03/politics/carly-fiorina-ted-cruz-rose-bowl/

"Ted Cruz is just like any other politician. He says one thing in Manhattan, he says another thing in Iowa, he says whatever he needs to say to get elected, and then he's going to do as he pleases,"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 12:00:28 PM »
you said you liked a lot of his ideas.

Now you're saying he has no plan.

Is it both?

Yes is CAN be both.

Picking a VP choice on the day you've just been mathematically eliminated would be a very odd move.  He called for Rubio and kasich to withdraw as soon as they were mathematically eliminated.  Cruz went from 2% chance to 0% chance as of late last night.  A move to add Carly to the ticket would have been an awesome move - in February.  Today it'd be strange.  "Trump just reached a point where he cannot mathematically be stopped, so TODAY I want to change the conversation to how much I love women and how much donald hates women.

Good move - 8 weeks ago. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 12:01:13 PM »
No need to backtrack; all she wants is power.  Nothing else matters. She would be Trump's running mate if he would have her.

Cruz expected to announce Carly Fiorina as his running mate
By Sean Sullivan and Robert Costa April 27 at 2:33 PM

INDIANAPOLIS — Ted Cruz, in an apparent act of desperation, plans to announce Wednesday that Carly Fiorina will be his vice presidential running mate if he is the Republican nominee for president, according to two people familiar with the decision.

Announcing a running mate is an unusual step that comes as he trails GOP front-runner Donald Trump by a wide margin and faces an increasingly narrow path to the Republican nomination.

The decision comes as Cruz is hoping to gain steam in what amounts to a must-win for him in the Indiana primary May 3. The announcement will come the day after Trump drubbed Cruz in five Eastern states and stretched his overall lead in delegates to the Republican convention to nearly 400.

Fiorina, a former GOP presidential candidate who endorsed Cruz in March, has been one of his most active surrogates. The former Hewlett-Packard chief executive has been an outspoken critic of both Trump and Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

The news was first reported by Politico. The people describing Cruz’s decision spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Cruz has won endorsements from five of the defeated 2016 candidates, including his former governor, Rick Perry.

Just weeks after endorsing Cruz, Fiorina joined the candidate’s wife Heidi on a busy retail tour of Wisconsin, drawing glowing press coverage. Days later she traveled to Fargo, N.D., to him win the state’s GOP convention, a job that required days of hands-on campaigning.

It was a preview of the sort of work she might be expected to do as a running mate. Fiorina spent hours working the cash bar hospitality suites where the activists who would elect delegates were being courted. Hundreds of them walked away with selfies; all of them heard her endorse Cruz again from the convention stage. That helped Cruz to a better-than-expected haul of 18 supporters on the state delegate slate.

Trump and Cruz are currently focused on Indiana, where the mogul is seeking a knockout blow and Cruz is making a last-gasp effort to survive.

Trump is returning to the Hoosier State for an evening rally after delivering a foreign policy address in Washington Wednesday morning that his team hoped would make him appear more presidential. He will be joined in Indiana by longtime Indiana University basketball coach Bob Knight, who is a fan favorite here.

Cruz, who has spent the past few days in Indiana trying to get a head start on Trump and move swiftly past his humiliating Tuesday defeats, campaigned at an Indianapolis restaurant Wednesday morning. He told reporters there that he would make his announcement at a 4 p.m. rally nearby.

Looming over the race is the question of whether Gov. Mike Pence will publicly back Trump, Cruz or no one. The governor met with both candidates last week.

“He may not endorse — I don’t think he’ll endorse anybody, actually — and he may endorse us, I don’t know,” Trump said on CNN on Wednesday morning. He added that he thinks Pence will either endorse him or no one.

Indiana is the only state holding a Republican primary next Tuesday. Trump and Cruz are expected to spend much of their time campaigning here. A loss for Cruz would deal a catastrophic blow to his struggling campaign, which was set back immensely by his poor showing Tuesday.

The third remaining candidate, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, has stopped actively campaigning in Indiana, clearing the way for Cruz to square off against Trump one on one. In exchange, Cruz is clearing the way for Kasich to face Trump in Oregon and New Mexico. Kasich plans to stump in Oregon on Thursday.

The Cruz-Kasich deal has been unsteady, and it’s not clear whether it will have the intended effect of isolating and defeating Trump in three key states.

Polls show Trump and Cruz in close competition in Indiana. In a speech Tuesday night at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown, where the movie “Hoosiers” was filmed, Cruz declared to supporters: “Tonight this campaign moves back to more favorable terrain.”

Cruz will enter the next week badly wounded by two straight weeks of East Coast blowout losses where he mostly finished third behind Trump and Kasich. On Tuesday, Trump swept Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island. In all but Pennsylvania, Cruz finished last.

According to the Associated Press’s latest delegate count, Trump has nearly a 400-delegate lead over Cruz and is nearly 800 ahead of Kasich.

Trump called his Tuesday sweep the “biggest night” of the campaign, confidently predicting that he could capture the 1,237 delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination outright. He also suggested during a question-and-answer session with reporters at Trump Tower on Tuesday evening that Cruz and Kasich were doing the party harm by remaining in the contest.

“I consider myself the presumptive nominee, absolutely,” Trump said. He suggested that Cruz and Kasich exit the race because “they have no path to victory at all.”

He added: “The best way to beat the system is to have evenings like this, where you get record-setting votes.”

Responding to reports that Cruz is vetting Republicans, including rival-turned-supporter Carly Fiorina, to be his vice presidential running mate, Trump said Wednesday morning that it was not a good idea.

“I think it hurts him. I can’t imagine he does it,” the mogul said on “Fox and Friends.” “First of all he shouldn’t be naming anybody because he doesn’t even have a chance.”

Cruz nodded at the vice presidential intrigue surrounding him Tuesday night, saying he had an announcement. But the announcement — that Clinton had tapped Trump as her running mate — was made in jest.

During a rally in Indiana last week, Trump put the air-conditioning maker Carrier at the center of his pitch. He is expected to continue doing so. The company has announced that it plans to move jobs from Indianapolis to Mexico. Trump said that as president, he would subject such a move to a tax penalty. He has mentioned Carrier in other states, too.

Trump also has bragged about Knight’s endorsement on the campaign trail for days.

“He’s tough, he’s sharp and he wins. And the people of Indiana love him,” he said Tuesday.

Cruz repeatedly tried to link Trump to Clinton on Tuesday night, signaling that he plans to try to blur the distinction between them on several policy and political fronts during the next week.

Clinton and Trump are “flip sides of the same coin,” argued Cruz, who accused Trump of holding Clinton-like views on health care, foreign policy, immigration and other issues.

Trump has been an outspoken critic of Clinton. He has referred to her on the campaign trail as “Crooked Hillary.”

Indiana awards 57 delegates to the Republican National Convention on a winner-take-all basis by congressional district and statewide.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 12:08:03 PM »
It's just sad at this point.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »
if this is truly his move...

then I am guessing his donors and team are pulling the plug on the $ after losing 5 states last night and officially entering the "0% chance of winning nomination" just as trump moves into the "close enough that most experts say the nomination is his".

This is really Cruz' only remaining move... some hope that delegates will just screw over Trump (they're party repubs, they just may lol)... and that the "team" of Cruz/Carly will be in place already as a viable alternative.

not a bad move, maybe it'll keep donors from bailing and his staff from quitting this weekend, who knows.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 12:20:43 PM »
if this is truly his move...

then I am guessing his donors and team are pulling the plug on the $ after losing 5 states last night and officially entering the "0% chance of winning nomination" just as trump moves into the "close enough that most experts say the nomination is his".

This is really Cruz' only remaining move... some hope that delegates will just screw over Trump (they're party repubs, they just may lol)... and that the "team" of Cruz/Carly will be in place already as a viable alternative.

not a bad move, maybe it'll keep donors from bailing and his staff from quitting this weekend, who knows.

sinking ship.jpg

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 12:30:49 PM »
Could Cruz have picked the most annoying KUNT on the planet.  What a fucking idiot.  She is so unappealing.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »
He's mathematically eliminated and choosing a VP? Makes sense to me.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 12:39:46 PM »
He's mathematically eliminated and choosing a VP? Makes sense to me.  ::)

it is definitely a desperate move.   But one that we saw coming, with that 500,000 donation.

Why did the Ted Cruz superpac donate $500,000 to the CARLY superPac?    :o

After going thru the PAC releases of financials... NBC discovers the Cruz Superpac gave half a mil to Carly Fiorina's campaign.
Why?  They said some "donors" of the Cruz SUperPac are also impressed with Carly.

Rachel Maddow is VERY curious about this, and will no doubt dig in further.

My take?  Cruz KNOWS he is the ONLY viable true conservative in the race (santorum and perry are both statistically out, their team bailing now that they missed debate).   Cruz KNOWS he needs a bump in the polls, and what better than *winking* to the world that he'll choose a female candidate as his running mate, the business minded Carly Fiorinia. 

I bet he plays nice with her when speaking in the debates, I bet she throws support behind him when she exits campaign.  I think Cruz just got DIBBS on the only female in the GOP race.  And I think he's brilliant for doing so, with a scant $500k of donor $.  BRILLIANT.

Cruz/Carly will be the ticket if Repubs wise up and Dump the RINO Trump, and let an actual conservative win the 2016 election. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 12:53:02 PM »
It is almost as boneheaded as Mccain picking Palin.  I'm pretty sure the truth of it was that no one believes Cruz has any chance to win anymore.  Fiorina is just an attention whore who would say yes to anyone.  Cruz ended up in 3 rd spot in 4 of the 5 states last night.  He just sucks.  ANy sane candidate would have dropped out of the race.

Funny thing is there's still some shady shit.  He got 54 delegates from Penn that won't count until the convention.  It's an honor system where they vow to vote for the person that won the state (TRUMP) or who is leading the delegate count entering the convention (TRUMP) but I wouldn't be shocked if those 50 people end up with a few $100K in their bank accounts to vote differently and break the whole honor system.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 12:56:36 PM »
that's what I mean - there's literally ZERO punishment for any delegates that just decide to give Trump the finger and vote for Cruz/Carly.

Trump may get the numbers, the nation will celebrate.. the summer rolls around and the delegates surprise everyone.   That'd be some shit, huh?

I wish Cruz would have done this 2 months ago, it may have helped.  Very awkward for Carly... she'll go down in history as being a meaningless veep pick.   Way too reactionary move from Cruz. 

Confirmed, Carly is the pick, she's in the building.  About to announce.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »
nonstop carly talk of the lamestream media.

lots of talk of liberals.  calling trump and hilary both liberals.   calling them insiders.  

carly has the Palin shtick down well ;)  Looks like the same red outfit Palin always wears.  Lots of "gosh"'s as well   :)  :)

Palin supporters are going to be all over her, watch.   She just sang 4 lines of a song to Cruz' kids.  Trying to endear herself to mothers.   Smart.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 01:59:22 PM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 02:34:56 PM »
HAHAHAHA.  Poor HH6.  Spent all that time working on Cruz's campaign just to be slapped in the face like this. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 06:12:51 PM »
It is almost as boneheaded as Mccain picking Palin.  I'm pretty sure the truth of it was that no one believes Cruz has any chance to win anymore.  Fiorina is just an attention whore who would say yes to anyone.  Cruz ended up in 3 rd spot in 4 of the 5 states last night.  He just sucks.  ANy sane candidate would have dropped out of the race.

Funny thing is there's still some shady shit.  He got 54 delegates from Penn that won't count until the convention.  It's an honor system where they vow to vote for the person that won the state (TRUMP) or who is leading the delegate count entering the convention (TRUMP) but I wouldn't be shocked if those 50 people end up with a few $100K in their bank accounts to vote differently and break the whole honor system.

So, those 50 delegates get several 100k magically deposited in the their bank accounts?

Yeah, totally plausible.