Author Topic: Ted Cruz's Biggest Gaffe Yet?: Refers to Basketball Rim as 'Basketball Ring'  (Read 329 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
In Indiana of all places....   :-[ :-X :-\

With the recreation of a classic scene from the movie Hoosiers, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) sparked Twitter ridicule for a gaffe at a campaign event held at the Hickory basketball court gym from the classic movie; in Hoosier State Indiana, he called a basketball hoop a “basketball ring.”

On first pass, it sounds as though the Texas senator asks campaign staffer Bruce, “Tell me something. How tall is that basketball rim?” There, he appears to get the term correct.

Video of the exchange was posted on 13 WTHR Indianapolis.

The staffer measured and confirmed, “Ten feet!” as in the classic scene from the movie Hoosiers.

Cruz commenced the scene re-enactment, appearing to have exchanged the word “rim” for “ring,” stating, “Ten feet! You know the amazing thing is, that basketball ring, here in Indiana, it’s the same height as it is in New York City and every other place in this country. And there is nothing that Hoosiers cannot do.”

In the film, Coach Norman Dale asks one player to get on another’s shoulders and measure the distance “from the rim” to the floor.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
i dont care if the prez knows sports.  

I just want a president to know how to fix a budget, stare down world leaders, and avoid sex scandals.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
i dont care if the prez knows sports.  

I just want a president to know how to fix a budget, stare down world leaders, and avoid sex scandals.

It's Indiana. They do.

Believe it or not, there is this whole world outside of white trash central florida, Rob.