Author Topic: Poor responder  (Read 2460 times)

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
Poor responder
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:18:28 AM »
My friend is a poor responder. Type of kid who built a good base, lots of natural strength.  But when he switched to the dark side, did not achieve the results everyone expected.

Any tips/methods to up regulate receptors or become a better responder overall.  He has tried several different brands and combos.

He Generally bases his runs on test 500-1000... Usually in the 750 range.  Often adds tren, or eq and an oral kickstart. Good pct. 

Thanks guys

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
Re: Poor responder
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:39:51 AM »
I'm not 100% on this, but I've heard that if you can free up some free test it could help with gains.
He should get some bloodwork done, take a look at where his free test is sitting, and maybe do something about that. He should make sure his estrogen is within range, as well.
Other than that... it might just be genetic. He might just not have that "gene" to gain mass. Maybe naturally high myostatin?
I'd love to hear what others have to say on the subject, I've wondered about this myself. I'm not a huge guy and I've been trying different combos of gear over the past 3 years or so. I've always considered myself as a "poor responder" as well.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 05:58:31 AM »
Wonder what defines response to gear. Aromatisation? SHBG production? Total number of receptors?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
How do you know he is a poor responder and that his gear was not underdosed or fake?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »
Alot of shit gear, having good gear makes so much difference... If I had only started juicing now id think I was a poor responder...

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 10:55:45 AM »
Alot of shit gear, having good gear makes so much difference... If I had only started juicing now id think I was a poor responder...

What if you're using the same lab as someone else who's seeing incredible results?
I use a local lab, not really well known outside my area, and they supply more than a handful of guys here who compete in various sports. I see guys make it to nationals on their gear (both in bodybuilding and powerlifting).

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 12:30:39 PM »
hgh is genetics in a while.

some people just have shit response to aas. see jason bloho from youtube for a reference.

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »
Masteron might free up some test. If he's not responding well he might as well quit using steroids there is no use fucking up your hpta system for minimal gains.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 06:29:42 PM »
Like I say, he used various different sources... Hopefully they weren't all bad.

It works... He adds 100lbs to his bench.  But doesn't get the sweet shoulder/trap thing... You wouldn't know he's on if you didn't see his lifts go up dramatically.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 07:50:00 PM »
How do you know he is a poor responder and that his gear was not underdosed or fake?

Bingo

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 06:15:23 AM »
A lot of is i believe is how you look at it to.  Most people i see that run gear i would say 80 percent I am not really impressed in the least of people I know.  Also as a bodybuilding fan I watch a lot of contests, vids etc so after looking at the pros then looking at myself it can be very frustrating. 

Plus prob most of us see ourselves a lil diff in the mirror then say a friend or family member sees us at.

Dont get me wrong Ive seen guys blow the fuck up on two bottles of cyp or a straight dbol only cycle, my friend did a mast and test cycle was ripped to the freakin bone, not big but pealed like contest prep 7 days a wk.  blew my mind.  Def need to find the right combo that works for you, i change shit up constantly took a long time to figure out what works and i had to change things up drastically as i age. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 02:07:43 PM »
Like I say, he used various different sources... Hopefully they weren't all bad.

It works... He adds 100lbs to his bench.  But doesn't get the sweet shoulder/trap thing... You wouldn't know he's on if you didn't see his lifts go up dramatically.

That's genetics.  Tell him to pin in his traps and delts.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 07:27:19 AM »
Some people just aren't destined to respond well.   Some are naturally inclined to be overly receptive to certain aspects.   Some respond to training.  Some respond fantastic to chemicals.  Some (like Levrone) have the perfect combination to respond to both. 

There is nothing that you can get from a syringe that will overcome what Mother Nature placed limitations on in the first place.  It could be various reasons....   lack of free test as mention, overly tight fascia which will constrict the muscle from expanding,etc...

But hey....  some of us will never be able to jump high enough to dunk a basketball, be coordinated enough to hit a 90mph fastball, or have a natural balance needed to carve monster waves on a surfboard.   :-\

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 03:32:48 PM »
So much of this stuff is counterfeit.  So easy for a Chinese source to make a box, label and insert.  If the stuff isn't just oil it's mainly just straight testosterone.  Back in the day you got a prescription from a doctor. You went to a pharmacy and they gave you stuff that was made in an American pharmaceutical company. 

I don't know where the current pro's are getting their stuff but they look like crap. Big guts and bloated soft muscles when they aren't flexing. 

No, I don't use or promote taking drugs to get oiled up so you can pose in a thong to music for screaming guys.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »
So much of this stuff is counterfeit.  So easy for a Chinese source to make a box, label and insert.  If the stuff isn't just oil it's mainly just straight testosterone.  Back in the day you got a prescription from a doctor. You went to a pharmacy and they gave you stuff that was made in an American pharmaceutical company. 

I don't know where the current pro's are getting their stuff but they look like crap. Big guts and bloated soft muscles when they aren't flexing. 

No, I don't use or promote taking drugs to get oiled up so you can pose in a thong to music for screaming guys.

For sure.

Also, I've seen guys take pro level dosages of legitimate gear and not respond because they have teenage girl diets - eating cereal, protein shake, etc.

There is nothing that you can get from a syringe that will overcome what Mother Nature placed limitations on in the first place.  It could be various reasons....   lack of free test as mention, overly tight fascia which will constrict the muscle from expanding,etc...

Craig Titus got surgery on his biceps where the doctor cut the fascia so his arms could grow. Crazy.

chokeslam

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 03:36:15 PM »
Probably not watching his diet enough or lacking sleep. Those were my biggest hurdles.

I don't respond to gear very well unless I'm really lean. If I run over a gram I don't really feel much more than just a huge amount of lethargy and I drag ass. Moderate/smaller doses go a longer way for me. I also don't bother bulking up really big. I don't see a point. You'll get bigger and stronger, but fatter and you won't look like you have a good physique.

I see lots of guys who look good year-round and don't put on a shit ton of weight when they bulk up. They just do it very intelligently and don't fool themselves like a lot of people do - you could have the perfect physique and put on 10lbs of fat, and you'll look like you've never stepped in the gym. Lose 10lbs of fat, look like a Greek God, and look 20-30lbs heavier in most people's eye. Which physique do you want? No one who's ripped responds poorly to gear unless it's faked or they're massively sleep deprived. My two cents.