Author Topic: Steroids and Antibiotics  (Read 4125 times)

Bodycount69

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Steroids and Antibiotics
« on: March 22, 2006, 03:55:08 PM »
I am currently on Omnicef.  I was wondering if this will hurt me in anyway?  Also i had to take a week off from training on my 7th week of a 12 week cycle of 500mg Test Enanthate per week. Which sucks and i have also lost like 12 LBS.  Not much for an ego boost.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Steroids and Antibiotics
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 04:33:13 PM »
You lost 12 pounds in a week? How sick were you?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 04:59:18 PM »
I am currently on Omnicef.  I was wondering if this will hurt me in anyway?  Also i had to take a week off from training on my 7th week of a 12 week cycle of 500mg Test Enanthate per week. Which sucks and i have also lost like 12 LBS.  Not much for an ego boost.

You don't lose 12lbs from taking one week off from training.....

Something isn't adding up.

Omnicef?  Elaborate?

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Bodycount69

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 06:13:19 PM »
I lost the 12 Pounds because i haven't been able to eat anything due to a swollen gland in my neck caused by the Infection.  I was wondering, Omnicef is an antibiotic, if the antibiotic would affect the metabolism of the Enanthate, thus hindering my test levels???

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »
I lost the 12 Pounds because i haven't been able to eat anything due to a swollen gland in my neck caused by the Infection.  I was wondering, Omnicef is an antibiotic, if the antibiotic would affect the metabolism of the Enanthate, thus hindering my test levels???
12lbs that is a lo of weight loss in one wk, but this is from you not eating and I would assume you're probably not drinking much of anything right now either. Hopefully you will be able to get back to your regular eating habits very soon.

As far as Omnicef having an affect on your test-e, I doubt it but I'm not familiar with this so I can't say for certain.

I'll tell you this though, when I went to the Arnold a few wks ago my eating schedule got off and I wasn't able to get as many meals in per day as I normally do or as much water. When I weighed myself Monday I had lost 7lbs, but no big deal, after a few days of my regular food and water consumption my weight shot back up.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 07:25:26 PM »

Sounds like that might be the case.

Look up the sides of that drug.

www.rxlist.com

DIV

Bodycount69

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »
Thanks alot guys, I know how hard it is sometimes to get a straight answer on these boards, but i really appreciate it..

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 03:20:16 AM »

Omnicef (also called cefdinir) and other cephalosporins like it should not interact with AAS in any significant way, and will certainly not interfere with their effectiveness.

Just remember, though, that antibiotics can significantly increase sun sensitivity, so if you are also hitting the tanning bed for a show you must keep this in mind or you can get quite a bad sunburn.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 11:52:51 AM »
I am not sure of Omnicef but for the record, Tetracyclines which include:
Demeclocycline 
Doxycycline 
Minocycline 
Oxytetracycline
Tetracycline 
Parenteral
Doxycycline
Minocycline
Oxytetracycline

will absoultly cause a decrease in serum testosterone concentration during treatment with these drug types. Stay away...

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 06:58:07 PM »
so doxy will decrese testosterone?
grundle has no sack,

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »
These type antibiotics work by inhibiting protein synthesis which is anti-anabolic depending on the length of time you are using them. Therefore, these drugs may inhibit the functions of the AS you are using as well as effect your own testosterone production. Again, everthing is dose and length of time use dependent. Why thake the risk...

lion33

• Getbig II
  • tryin to get big
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 10:25:07 PM »
how about keflex? i am taking it for an infection in my tooth. would this interact with my Enanthate?

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 03:37:12 AM »
how about keflex? i am taking it for an infection in my tooth. would this interact with my Enanthate?

Keflex is a cephalosporin and will not cause any problems.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 03:44:07 AM »
These type antibiotics work by inhibiting protein synthesis which is anti-anabolic depending on the length of time you are using them. Therefore, these drugs may inhibit the functions of the AS you are using as well as effect your own testosterone production. Again, everthing is dose and length of time use dependent. Why thake the risk...

Why take the risk of what, exactly?  Using an antibiotic?  If you have a bacterial infection, you need antibiotics.  Also, who cares about inhibition of your own testosterone production when you are on AAS?  You aren't producing any endogenous testosterone in that case anyway.

I'm not buying into this one.  I'll do some researching to see if there truly is some inhibition at the androgen receptor level, but to my knowledge there is not.  Inhibition of protein synthesis may occur at some level, but how often do you get cachectic because you are on antibiotics?  And with the amount of protein we're consuming on AAS, I bet it's all a wash anyway.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 09:22:38 AM »
It is not about using any antibiotic, it is just the tetracycline’s and more specifically tetracycline itself. There are many better grade antibiotics available in 2006 that treat infections.

Tetracycline and anabolic steroids do not go well together. Tetracycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic that has many purposes. It works primarily by inhibiting protein synthesis. Since Tetracycline does exhibit this anti-anabolic effect, it is working in the opposite direction of the anabolic steroids, as well as birth control pills for women (if a women is taking a combined oral contraceptive pill there may be a low risk that this antibiotic may make it less effective at preventing pregnancy). Anabolic steroids increase protein synthesis. Tetracycline may inhibit the functions of the anabolic steroids, or the anabolic steroids may inhibit the effects of the Tetracycline. Additionally, they put additional stress on liver function…

The risk is-if you are using AS, why take a medication that may or could affect the desired results of the medicine you are using, when there are other antibiotic medications available that will not. It may be only a small risk in the overall sense, but not one that I was ever willing to take.

Not being an expert here and it sounds like freakfesrMD is very knowledgeable in the AS subject area, I defer to him for more information.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 05:03:48 PM »
Why take the risk of what, exactly?  Using an antibiotic?  If you have a bacterial infection, you need antibiotics.  Also, who cares about inhibition of your own testosterone production when you are on AAS?  You aren't producing any endogenous testosterone in that case anyway.

I'm not buying into this one.  I'll do some researching to see if there truly is some inhibition at the androgen receptor level, but to my knowledge there is not.  Inhibition of protein synthesis may occur at some level, but how often do you get cachectic because you are on antibiotics?  And with the amount of protein we're consuming on AAS, I bet it's all a wash anyway.

I see your point, Freaker.

What people are saying is that they don't want any suppression of Test at any level.

While I agree that it will interfere, not sure if it's to any discernable level that would really inhibit overall anabolic growth.

It's a minor quandry.

You're smart enough to figure it out.

DIV