Author Topic: Cruz winning Super Shady Bound Delegates  (Read 738 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Cruz winning Super Shady Bound Delegates
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:49:28 AM »
Notice that Cruz is quietly winning all of these bound delegates in various states.  You know the ones that get wined and dined, nice hotels, nice gifts and then decide who they want.  How is this democratic?  The more I see this election unfold the more I see it become one of the shadiest systems in the world.  America is a joke of a democracy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Cruz winning Super Shady Bound Delegates
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:45:51 AM »
Hilary did the same thing.  The parties make sure the establishment candidates have the easiest path to the nomination.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 08:55:49 AM »
Hilary did the same thing.  The parties make sure the establishment candidates have the easiest path to the nomination.

True but she won the super delegates months ago.  Cruz is winning these bound delegate states quietly while in election states he's finishing in 3rd behind Kasich.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 08:58:43 AM »
True but she won the super delegates months ago.  Cruz is winning these bound delegate states quietly while in election states he's finishing in 3rd behind Kasich.

She didn't "win" them - she just talked to governors, local people, those who run the party, and got these individuals to promise to vote for her the next year at convention.

In many states, Bernie won 59 or 62% of the popular vote, and she won 10 of 10 super delegates.  She got all of their pledges/oaths 9 or 10 months ago, and he just won the popular vote in the last 2 months.

MSNBC did a big piece on it this AM, as it's all bernie can talk about.  Hilary is winning 14 or 16 superdelegates in states where bernie got 60% of the popular vote.  It's absurd.  And I don't even like Bernie.   

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:53:55 AM »
Notice that Cruz is quietly winning all of these bound delegates in various states.  You know the ones that get wined and dined, nice hotels, nice gifts and then decide who they want.  How is this democratic?  The more I see this election unfold the more I see it become one of the shadiest systems in the world.  America is a joke of a democracy.

Those are for the 2nd ballot voting, right?

Maybe, if given the choice, they don't want to actually vote for Trump. Stop buying into the "rigged system, crooked system" stuff. The "system" has benefited Trump the most and if the shoe was on the other foot I don't think we'd hear Trump complaining.

Cruz has an excellent ground game and an actual professional, well planned and mature structure. He is going to do his due-diligence and lock up delegates for a convention fight. It's why, if it comes to it, Cruz will win and Trump will get waxed on a 2nd ballot.

Now, before you go loco, realize that I don't like this primary system, either. But it was never intended to be a democratic way of picking a candidate by the people. It is for the PARTY to select who they want to run in a general election, which on its face is a scary thing. Hence the rule changes over he years to prevent certain strains of candidate (from both sides) from getting nominated...see Carter and Reagan.

At this point I couldn't care less who wins on the Republican side, Trump getting into the G.E. means something will be burnt to the ground...if Cruz makes it in something will be burnt to the ground and if the GOP parachutes someone else in then a whole bunch of stuff will get burned to cinders. The rubble bounces either way.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 11:05:43 AM »
I was listening to FOX radio late last night, with the late night super patriotic guy.  His caller said something interesting...

If the # of delegates are RIGHT AT the 1237 number or whatever... all it takes is a few delegates to change their address (to another state) temporarily, and they don't have to vote Trump after all.

It sounds silly.   But would any of us put it past Cruz' SuperPAC to give 30 of the Trump sworn delegates, jobs paying $200k a year, right across state lines, holding down a desk playing Candy Crush all day?  They move, they cannot vote for Trump, and then all shit hits the fan?

It was an interesting idea!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 11:34:27 AM »
I was listening to FOX radio late last night, with the late night super patriotic guy.  His caller said something interesting...

If the # of delegates are RIGHT AT the 1237 number or whatever... all it takes is a few delegates to change their address (to another state) temporarily, and they don't have to vote Trump after all.

It sounds silly.   But would any of us put it past Cruz' SuperPAC to give 30 of the Trump sworn delegates, jobs paying $200k a year, right across state lines, holding down a desk playing Candy Crush all day?  They move, they cannot vote for Trump, and then all shit hits the fan?

It's fucked up, but whatever.

But this hilarity shows how awesome the whole "Ted Cruz is really Richard Nixon from the grave, only worse and more calculating!" meme that the media plastered on him is. Silly, but here you are.

Food for thought....after getting wasted in CO, Trump says it's all rigged and crooked and bad and the bad people in the establishment are trying to take it all away from him (even though the "system" has benefited him the most) but then goes out and scrambles around piecing together a new establishment laden group of long time insider guys (Paul Manafort) so he can play in the Rigged and Crooked system. Trump is feeling up and jerking off those delegates as well.

Again, this whole thing is silly and funny.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
These parties should pick their representative like the Vatican does their pope. All behind closed doors and a puff of smoke to announce their choice. This whole process just drains millions of dollars from the economy. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 05:45:25 PM »
These parties should pick their representative like the Vatican does their pope. All behind closed doors and a puff of smoke to announce their choice. This whole process just drains millions of dollars from the economy. 

They may as well. It's all a show as is. It isn't necessarily the best candidate that wins but the one the entrenched party members want.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 06:46:05 AM »
I was listening to FOX radio late last night, with the late night super patriotic guy.  His caller said something interesting...

It sounds silly.   But would any of us put it past Cruz' SuperPAC to give 30 of the Trump sworn delegates, jobs paying $200k a year, right across state lines, holding down a desk playing Candy Crush all day?  They move, they cannot vote for Trump, and then all shit hits the fan?

Can't happen.  For example Wyoming had something like 14 of these delegates.  Say they are bound to Trump but 7 move to Virginia based on the scenario you laid out, it doesn't mean that Virginia will have 7 more delegates or that Wyoming will have 7 less.  Those 7 delegates would just go to 7 new people to represent the state.