Author Topic: CHICK'S APARTMENT ON THE FIT SHOW  (Read 21747 times)

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
Re: CHICK'S APARTMENT ON THE FIT SHOW
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 12:15:17 PM »
i bet he bought it for her after nailing some other airhead

;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 12:17:15 PM »
Certain segments of the muscle car market are red hot right now. This little purchase could be an expensive proposition. If he's smart he's only letting her drive it and keeping the title in his name.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »
onlyme why dont you just watch the video, and tell what you think then ::)

I'ts actually a nice looking condo.  The square footage is actually pretty big for So Cal.

Not to defend Bob, but it's not bad & prolly pretty expensive.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 12:19:39 PM »
Bob Chick has Donald Trump wash his Escalade....

...and he doesn't even tip him.

body88

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
it was stolen when we were at the movies...in LA. Not Playa

We live in Playa del Rey...it is near LAX.  Marina del Rey is next to us.  They are very similar except MDR is more for retirees.  LOTS of OLD people.  Archstone is the best apts to check out if you want to move here. They are upscale and well taken care of.  Check out management companies around here...Playa has larger apts (sq ft wise), and has a better demographic than the other cities.  Less children and families here....more career minded people 25-45 yrs old.
Awsome thanks alot bro!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 12:31:35 PM »
it was stolen when we were at the movies...in LA.

Stolen/Repo-ed, same thing...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »
This is my house. At least it's paid for.   :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 12:41:38 PM »
monster lawn care.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 12:45:43 PM »
monster lawn care.

I added the shrubs just this year. Thought it was a good touch.  ;D

manfromyard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 01:04:49 PM »
Only a moron throws money into a savings account without buying real property. Renting is money down the toilet. First thing any Financial Planner says is "Buy the most house you can afford". As for buying muscle cars, leasing luxury sedans, and the like, that just sounds like more style over substance. Bottom line is that if Mr. 300K bought a 1000sf condo 5 years ago for 200K, it'd be worth at least 600K today. Chances are his "Kiddie Savings Account" made him less than 1% interest. I know bodybuilders are supposed to be stupid, but not that stupid.

I mean, take a moron like Craig Titus. He may not know how to properly cover up a murder, but the guy knows how to invest. Rumor has it, his Titus Hedge Fund was recently acquired by Warren Buffett.

Special "Suzie Orman" Ed

That is totally silly. Property canot keep going up indefinitely. Anyone worth their sense can tell you that California real estate is tremendously over priced. If Chic bought now he woul be buying at the top of the market. He's doing the smart thing by renting, saving his cash, and waiting for a house to get to realistic price levels.

Lesson for the day: Before the stock market crashed around the Great Depression, Joseph P Kennedy made it through with most of his money. When people asked how he escaped, he said he went to get his shoes shined and the shoe shine boy was offering stock tips. At that point he realized that if so many speculators were in the market, that stocks had to be way too overvalued. He sold his stocks and took his money out.

If every idiot is on TV talking about getting rich with real estate, the market is just too over hyped. I have degrees in both Real Estate and Finance but simple economics can tell you the same. The average family in Cali makes like 55k, so who is going to buy your 600K house? If prices went like this, our kids would have to buy houses for a Billion dollars....

Chic can soon buy a house at a song from all the idiots who fail to make their payment on the $350,000 on a $45,000 salary...

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 01:20:14 PM »
That is totally silly. Property canot keep going up indefinitely. Anyone worth their sense can tell you that California real estate is tremendously over priced. If Chic bought now he woul be buying at the top of the market. He's doing the smart thing by renting, saving his cash, and waiting for a house to get to realistic price levels.

Lesson for the day: Before the stock market crashed around the Great Depression, Joseph P Kennedy made it through with most of his money. When people asked how he escaped, he said he went to get his shoes shined and the shoe shine boy was offering stock tips. At that point he realized that if so many speculators were in the market, that stocks had to be way too overvalued. He sold his stocks and took his money out.

If every idiot is on TV talking about getting rich with real estate, the market is just too over hyped. I have degrees in both Real Estate and Finance but simple economics can tell you the same. The average family in Cali makes like 55k, so who is going to buy your 600K house? If prices went like this, our kids would have to buy houses for a Billion dollars....

Chic can soon buy a house at a song from all the idiots who fail to make their payment on the $350,000 on a $45,000 salary...

there's a difference between speculating in stocks (by definition, a short-term project) and investing in a home (a long-term project).  Sure, it might be the top of an overheated market, and it might crash . . . but you're probably going to hold on to it for the next 20-30 years, and the value will definitely appreciate over the long haul.  You will get a return on land, as they're not making any more of it.

Who's to say that the bond and stock markets aren't overheated just now . . . I personally don't think the latter is, but what do I know?

EDIT: prices are not going to get back to "realistic" levels unless a whole slew of industries collapse which doesn't seem likely at the present moment. they might correct a little bit as demand goes down, but a crash . . .

I agree that you shouldn't buy more house than you can afford, but you should still buy as much as you can.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 01:35:03 PM »
there's a difference between speculating in stocks (by definition, a short-term project) and investing in a home (a long-term project).  Sure, it might be the top of an overheated market, and it might crash . . . but you're probably going to hold on to it for the next 20-30 years, and the value will definitely appreciate over the long haul.  You will get a return on land, as they're not making any more of it.

Who's to say that the bond and stock markets aren't overheated just now . . . I personally don't think the latter is, but what do I know?

EDIT: prices are not going to get back to "realistic" levels unless a whole slew of industries collapse which doesn't seem likely at the present moment. they might correct a little bit as demand goes down, but a crash . . .

I agree that you shouldn't buy more house than you can afford, but you should still buy as much as you can.

Do any of you live in the real world, or are you all a bunch a community college kids?

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
Wait a second...he bought a muscle car for you???? Was it a gift or a loan? Did he give you the title? Hmmm...I guess that means we'll be seeing him on People's Court trying to get the car back after you guys break up.

But if you get the title out from under his old treadmill, that's a nice snag.  Tell us about the car. Lots of car nutz here...

Special "Wapner" Ed

It is a gift not a loan....we are still looking.  There are so many that i want...i can't make up my mind (as usual)  Of course the title is going to be in his name!!!  Bob is generous...but not STUPID.  We are not married...and i, as his girlfriend, would not expect it to be in my name.  If we were ever to break up...we separate free and clear. 

I am the muscle car buff, he prefers the classics.  We are slowly buying up both.  My dad has 3 muscle cars ('70 442 w-30, '71 chevelle ss, '72 442 conv.)  all that are in my name.  He is also on the waiting list for the '07 shelby mustang (at the tune of $125k).  He will drive (show it off) for a year and send it my way.  I currently drive a mustang.  I am interested in the '67 - '70 model GTO, or the mustangs.  I also wouldn't mind a early '70's model corvette.  But Bob doesn't fit.  He is going to look at a '70 firebird today...hopefully. 

My ultimate dream car is 1970 hemi cuda convertible....V8.  aaaaaahhhhh!!! Thats what turns me on!!!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »
Hemi's are trading in the hundreds of thousands.  As far as muscle cars you don't want anything manufactured after 1970, insurance regulations strangled engine performance after that.

1969 Corvette Stingray 427 with triples rated at 435 hp is my ultimate muscle car.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 01:57:28 PM »

Do any of you live in the real world, or are you all a bunch a community college kids?

you, of course, have a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard . . .

what irked you most about my post? share some of your wisdom . . .

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 02:18:27 PM »

Probably not even that long since 45% of those morons bought houses on interest only loans. In about 2-5 years I wouldn't be suprised to see a tremendous drop in price or tremendous rise in foreclosures in Cali. Can't wait myself cause I'm looking to get one for a decent price before I move back there.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 02:31:16 PM »
Only a moron throws money into a savings account without buying real property. Renting is money down the toilet. First thing any Financial Planner says is "Buy the most house you can afford". As for buying muscle cars, leasing luxury sedans, and the like, that just sounds like more style over substance. Bottom line is that if Mr. 300K bought a 1000sf condo 5 years ago for 200K, it'd be worth at least 600K today. Chances are his "Kiddie Savings Account" made him less than 1% interest. I know bodybuilders are supposed to be stupid, but not that stupid.

I mean, take a moron like Craig Titus. He may not know how to properly cover up a murder, but the guy knows how to invest. Rumor has it, his Titus Hedge Fund was recently acquired by Warren Buffett.

Special "Suzie Orman" Ed

I agree.  If he was making 300k, he could get a loan for a house worth about a million with like zero down - or more depending on interest rates.  Buy something - don't flush the savings on rent.

Adam "Special Ed" Empire
Motherboy (the band).

FLEX N FREAK

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 02:45:41 PM »
Hey PROSCHIC, are you coming to Boise with Bob on Apr. 7th and 8th? For the BB.COM fit expo? Your a little hottie, Will Bob try and kick my butt if I ask to get a picture with you ;)

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 02:46:47 PM »
r u guys lovers?

It is a gift not a loan....we are still looking.  There are so many that i want...i can't make up my mind (as usual)  Of course the title is going to be in his name!!!  Bob is generous...but not STUPID.  We are not married...and i, as his girlfriend, would not expect it to be in my name.  If we were ever to break up...we separate free and clear. 

I am the muscle car buff, he prefers the classics.  We are slowly buying up both.  My dad has 3 muscle cars ('70 442 w-30, '71 chevelle ss, '72 442 conv.)  all that are in my name.  He is also on the waiting list for the '07 shelby mustang (at the tune of $125k).  He will drive (show it off) for a year and send it my way.  I currently drive a mustang.  I am interested in the '67 - '70 model GTO, or the mustangs.  I also wouldn't mind a early '70's model corvette.  But Bob doesn't fit.  He is going to look at a '70 firebird today...hopefully. 

My ultimate dream car is 1970 hemi cuda convertible....V8.  aaaaaahhhhh!!! Thats what turns me on!!!
Gonna Beat Em'

analcandy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 02:47:39 PM »
link to the video please....

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2006, 03:04:42 PM »
Hey PROSCHIC, are you coming to Boise with Bob on Apr. 7th and 8th? For the BB.COM fit expo? Your a little hottie, Will Bob try and kick my butt if I ask to get a picture with you ;)

sorry...i'm not going.  its going to be a one day event for bob so i'm staying home.  Next show for me is his masters show. 

r u guys lovers?

sorry but i don't understand the question?  did i miss something?

analcandy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »
LINK PLEASE.... ::)

proschic

• Getbig III

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2006, 03:24:06 PM »
Why the fuck do you guys give a shit where Chick lives?  Seriously?  You all sound like a bunch of stalkers to me.  "Chick has this model treadmill........Chick doesn't have this......."  Wow, that's very scary and observant of all of you. 

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2006, 03:24:53 PM »
you, of course, have a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard . . .

what irked you most about my post? share some of your wisdom . . .

sure you do champ.