Author Topic: Day 2: Trump flips, then reverses on economic policy  (Read 560 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Day 2: Trump flips, then reverses on economic policy
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:08:29 AM »
His website says he has a strong pro-top 1% economic policy.  Good for repubs.  Don't tax the rich more.

Today he said the top 1% will have to pay more in taxes.
Then he quickly reversed position once again.

I don't think Trump understands his own economic positions here.  Or, he just said what he needed to say, in order to win the nomination... and now his true liberal/democrat roots are showing.

Trump is doing everything he can to undermine himself with base republican voters.   Almost like he's doing this on purpose.  Nobody is this dumb.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Day 2: Trump flips, then reverses on economic policy
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 08:12:34 AM »
His website says he has a strong pro-top 1% economic policy.  Good for repubs.  Don't tax the rich more.

Today he said the top 1% will have to pay more in taxes.
Then he quickly reversed position once again.

I don't think Trump understands his own economic positions here.  Or, he just said what he needed to say, in order to win the nomination... and now his true liberal/democrat roots are showing.

Trump is doing everything he can to undermine himself with base republican voters.   Almost like he's doing this on purpose.  Nobody is this dumb.

its funny but I think Trump may have had an easier time of it HAD HE RUN AS A DEMOCRAT AGAINST HILLARY.....he could have picked up more of the black vote than Sanders and wouldn't have had to fight off 16 other people for the nomination....he probably could have beaten Clinton in a primary fight...of course he would hae had to tone down his mexican and muslim thingy

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 08:17:16 AM »
its funny but I think Trump may have had an easier time of it HAD HE RUN AS A DEMOCRAT AGAINST HILLARY.....he could have picked up more of the black vote than Sanders and wouldn't have had to fight off 16 other people for the nomination....he probably could have beaten Clinton in a primary fight...of course he would hae had to tone down his mexican and muslim thingy

It's my opinion that he is a democrat. 

He choice the anti-obama thing because it got him votes.  He chose the anti-muslim thing because it was popular for voters.
Trump had no problem renting tents in NYC to kadaffi when the rest of the world snubbed him - he has no problem with brown people. 

Repubs love his personality but refuse to admit he's a dem on many positions - and now that he has the nomination, he's showing it on a daily basis.  We have 2 democrats running against each other now.  Nobody can deny it.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:25:52 AM »

He choice the anti-obama thing because it got him votes.  He chose the anti-muslim thing because it was popular for voters.
Trump had no problem renting tents in NYC to kadaffi when the rest of the world snubbed him - he has no problem with brown people. 

Repubs love his personality but refuse to admit he's a dem on many positions - and now that he has the nomination, he's showing it on a daily basis.  We have 2 democrats running against each other now.  Nobody can deny it.

Also a lot of people don't know this but about 20 years ago a black guy saved Trump's mother's life as she was being mugged on the street by a white guy...Trump took the black guy to dinner with him and his wife...I'm surprised he never brought that up ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:46:01 AM »
Also a lot of people don't know this but about 20 years ago a black guy saved Trump's mother's life as she was being mugged on the street by a white guy...Trump took the black guy to dinner with him and his wife...I'm surprised he never brought that up ;D

I saw one "breaking" news story on drudge, which was reposted lots of time on social media.   Black person saying Trump was very nice to them.

When that is breaking news, when that is something you have to brag about... when you want a freakin cookie for treating people like people?  Sad.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 09:23:00 AM »

great point

being anti Muslim, anti Obama, building a border wall, are classic Democratic issues

makes perfect sense

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 10:20:00 AM »
I heard 15% corporate tax rate instead of 40% to bring companies back to being US based. The largest aren't paying taxes anyway as global companies...so maybe not such a bad idea.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 12:58:12 PM »
He has always says from the beginning that taxes in the super rich including himself would have to be raised.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 01:05:28 PM »
He has always says from the beginning that taxes in the super rich including himself would have to be raised.

No, Trump keeps going back and forth on it.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trumps-tax-cuts-top-1-set-general-election-fight

Trump’s proposal would cut taxes for everyone, but especially the richest of the rich. If enacted, the top income tax rate would drop from 39.6 percent to 25 percent. 

Again, he's just trying to please everyone by saying opposite things, depending upon the room.   When speaking to lower-income audience on morning joe, he promises to raise taxes on the rich.  When he's releasing economic plan for donors, he says he'll lower their rates by an insane 14.6%.