Author Topic: All Things Porsche  (Read 9419 times)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Re: All Things Porsche
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2016, 04:29:28 PM »
I had a 2008 Cayman S for 4 years.  Fun car.  Not really fast, but handled nicely.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »
You can getting fairly loaded up S under 70 but your right about the options.   The new redesigned q5 should be nice but coming out of Mexico makes it less appealing.

I just configured a Macan on their website (and I did it on the cheap with options I would want and use without going crazy).  Came out to $77k--and that was not even the Macan Turbo.  I suppose when you buy a Porsche, you do not care about "value" but I cannot talk myself into going there when the Q5 is a very reasonable alternative.  Plus the Macan interior feels  much more cramped than the Q5.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/macan/

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2016, 05:32:38 PM »
2017 Panamera  :D

Cannot get with this or Cayenne or Macan.  I like the two doors best with this marque.

The four doors (especially Cayenne) are very important to their bottom line and broaden appeal to more buyers.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2016, 08:09:27 PM »
I just configured a Macan on their website (and I did it on the cheap with options I would want and use without going crazy).  Came out to $77k--and that was not even the Macan Turbo.  I suppose when you buy a Porsche, you do not care about "value" but I cannot talk myself into going there when the Q5 is a very reasonable alternative.  Plus the Macan interior feels  much more cramped than the Q5.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/macan/
Fuck German. Japanese luxury owns all day everyday.
A

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »
Fuck German. Japanese luxury owns all day everyday.

I've had both and they both have pluses and minuses.  A Porsche oil change is over $300 bucks so that could be construed a negative. :D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2016, 08:33:50 PM »
Negtive of Japan cars?
A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 04:38:07 AM »

A Porsche evolving slowly over time?  That's so unusual.  ;D

Great comparison and your point is well taken... but I think that IS the point: when you have excellent design to begin with (and they do) you do not radically depart from it; you do not run away from it; you do not try to reinvent it; you slowly evolve it... adding convenience options... safety features... and other technology as they are invented. BMW did this for years but Porsche is probably the best example of what I am talking about.  Fundamentally good designs age very well.  You can look at a 30 or 40 year old Porsche and still say "wow."  How many car makers can you say that about?   8)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2016, 02:06:16 PM »
Porsche 718 Cayman S review

Pulls like a train!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »
Moth. ER. Fu. Ck a Porsche. Skyline allday 8)
A

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2016, 04:15:46 PM »
Megan GTS