Author Topic: acne  (Read 3765 times)

lockman

• Getbig II
  • pain is nice..extreme pain is extremely nice
acne
« on: March 23, 2006, 06:56:28 PM »
hey group!! been a long while since i posted anything ...sorry for the long space..i've been thru 2 cycles of d bol 50 mgs for 4wks & cyp.(800 mgs per wk) for 10 weeks...had good gains with both and used nolv. as pct both times...been on a rest period of around 5 months and i'm ready to start another cycle but after the second cycle i broke out with severe acne on my back, chest and arms...hasn't cleared up yet so i was wondering what i could do to help get rid of it...will starting a new cycle help or just make it worse? ???
the punisher

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: acne
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 08:15:36 PM »
take showers with anti bacterial soap
and this is funny but a tanning bed will kill all your acne.
it works for me

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 08:47:46 PM »
it works for me

bingo...zeek is on it. stay clean.....change your shirt asap after a workout...even if your going home to shower within a half hour. if you sweat at work, try to bring a clean undershirt to change into at lunch. tan 2-3 times a week, and use a better soap.

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 09:41:06 PM »
doxycycline
grundle has no sack,

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 01:24:54 AM »
hey group!! been a long while since i posted anything ...sorry for the long space..i've been thru 2 cycles of d bol 50 mgs for 4wks & cyp.(800 mgs per wk) for 10 weeks...had good gains with both and used nolv. as pct both times...been on a rest period of around 5 months and i'm ready to start another cycle but after the second cycle i broke out with severe acne on my back, chest and arms...hasn't cleared up yet so i was wondering what i could do to help get rid of it...will starting a new cycle help or just make it worse? ???

Antibacterial soap.

Shower at least twice per day.

Take up swimming......the chlorine will absolutely murder acne.

Probably the best thing possible.

You could always try the harsh drugs like Accutane and Retin-A, but not sure if those are really practical in your case.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 03:45:17 AM »
No Accutane!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 07:56:13 AM »
No Accutane!

yep...that shit so damn toxic! people always jump to meds before trying other things...if you have acne...wash your ass!!!!!!! keep your skin clean and dry.

Brooks

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 08:09:26 AM »
I second going swimming. It used to help me a lot when I was a teenager. I'm not too sure on the effects that tanning has on acne but I know that if my skin is tanner you can't see the redness of acne as bad.

MarkyM

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 08:13:22 AM »
it works for me

This works great for me too!  8)

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »
this will sound dumb but LAVA soap will help alot.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 09:22:53 AM »
This may sound dumb too, but make sure your not laying around at the gym in other peoples sweat. Always use a towel on benches.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 05:04:46 PM »
No Accutane!

Settle down, Freaker....

I gave him other alternative first.

DIV

lockman

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 08:43:21 PM »
thanks for the info guys!!  DIV  in the past you have always been helpful thanks again dude!! thanks to all that posted
the punisher

whitewidow

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 08:52:34 PM »
tetrocyclin.

lockman

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 07:31:30 PM »
this will sound dumb but LAVA soap will help alot.
  thanks dude!! the lava soap thang is really working..been scrubbing like hell with it twice a day and the acne is steadily disappearing... ;D ;D
the punisher

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 01:11:02 PM »
I get acne on my back and shoulders.  Ive tried everything, showering twice a day, benzoyl cream, tanning and it still doesnt work.  My doc gave me some doxycycline, but i read it inhibits the effectiveness  of the steroid.  One guy told me to try some dandruff shampoo.  So i know how frustrating it must be.  Has anyone used doxy?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 03:58:36 AM »
benzoyl cream

^This is what I used.

Works for me.

DIV

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 07:17:29 AM »
LAVA SOAP

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 08:02:02 AM »
Settle down, Freaker....

I gave him other alternative first.
DIV

I realize that Div.

I did want to reiterate that Accutane is a potentially dangerous drug, though.  Here's an old post I made when this discussion came up previously:

Accutane is isotretinoin, which inhibits sebaceous gland function and keritinization. 

Biggest side effect, of course, is to females of child-bearing age--it is a MAJOR inducer of serious birth defects.  This should give you some idea of it's level of toxicity.

For our purposes, major side effects can include depression, psychosis and, rarely, suicidal ideation.  NOT a good thing for those on AAS who can experience this anyway.  I am particularly concerned about those who take accutane post cycle, when (as many of you have noticed) acne can become particularly bad, even when you made it through the cycle without any eruptions.  Many of us are prone to post-cycle depression, and this combination could prove to be particularly harmful. 

Other side effects include intracranial hypertension (also known as pseudotumor cerebri), pancreatitis, elevated triglycerides, hepatoxicity and vision impairment (sound like good things for someone taking AAS?? or taking nolva post-cycle which can also lead to visual changes), as well as hearing impairment and decreased bone mineral density.

I think it would be reasonable to suggest avoiding accutane at all costs.

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 09:56:39 AM »
what do you guys think about getting your acne removed by laser ? Does it worth it or once you finish the treatments it comes back ?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 08:04:59 PM »
I realize that Div.

I did want to reiterate that Accutane is a potentially dangerous drug, though.  Here's an old post I made when this discussion came up previously:

Accutane is isotretinoin, which inhibits sebaceous gland function and keritinization. 

Biggest side effect, of course, is to females of child-bearing age--it is a MAJOR inducer of serious birth defects.  This should give you some idea of it's level of toxicity.

For our purposes, major side effects can include depression, psychosis and, rarely, suicidal ideation.  NOT a good thing for those on AAS who can experience this anyway.  I am particularly concerned about those who take accutane post cycle, when (as many of you have noticed) acne can become particularly bad, even when you made it through the cycle without any eruptions.  Many of us are prone to post-cycle depression, and this combination could prove to be particularly harmful. 

Other side effects include intracranial hypertension (also known as pseudotumor cerebri), pancreatitis, elevated triglycerides, hepatoxicity and vision impairment (sound like good things for someone taking AAS?? or taking nolva post-cycle which can also lead to visual changes), as well as hearing impairment and decreased bone mineral density.

I think it would be reasonable to suggest avoiding accutane at all costs.

I have read up on it and know of the severe birth defect potential.  Yes it's harsh.  I would think people who are considering using a drug would research it beforehand.  Once again, it's about personal responsibility.  If you don't know what it does and what the consequences are, you probably should not be using it.

That goes for anything.

DIV

homer77

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 11:04:35 AM »
Go to walmart
go to the skin care/acne section
get the walmart brand acne cream $1.87
put it on the areas that get oily once or twice a day.
this has worked for me for years.