Author Topic: Poll: 53 Percent Don't Trust Trump to Pick SCOTUS Justice  (Read 2319 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Poll: 53 Percent Don't Trust Trump to Pick SCOTUS Justice
« on: May 09, 2016, 12:16:44 PM »
I certainly don't trust him.

Poll: 53 Percent Don't Trust Trump to Pick SCOTUS Justice

Image: Poll: 53 Percent Don't Trust Trump to Pick SCOTUS Justice  (Photo by Mark Lyons/Getty Images) 
By Cathy Burke   |    Monday, 09 May 2016

A majority of Americans don't trust Donald Trump to choose the next justice of the Supreme Court — and think the vacancy should be filled this year, a new poll shows.

The Democrat-leaning Public Policy Polling survey finds 53 percent of voters say they wouldn't trust the presumptive GOP presidential nominee to choose a successor to the high court seat left by the death of conservative Justice Antonin Scalia.

Thirty-eight percent said they would trust Trump with the selection.

The survey shows 58 percent of Americans think the Supreme Court vacancy should be filled this year, before a new president takes office; 37 percent disagree.

Among Republicans, 57 percent of voters say they'd trust Trump with the pick; 29 percent would prefer either President Barack Obama or Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton make the decision rather than Trump — up from 26 percent who said so in a poll two months ago, PPP reports.

The Senate GOP leadership has held firm to its opposition to hold hearings on President Barack Obama's nominee for the opening, moderate Judge Merrick Garland.

The survey's margin of error is plus or minus 3.3 percentage points.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/scotus-supreme-court-donald-trump-poll/2016/05/09/id/727921/#ixzz48BhV4rDT

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Poll: 53 Percent Don't Trust Trump to Pick SCOTUS Justice
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 12:24:47 PM »
I don't trust him at all.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 12:43:26 PM »
I think he's a democrat.  I think he made the birther issue a joke - even though the spacing on that document obama showed us, well, it used computer spacing, and not typewriter spacing, as should have been the case in a 1950s document.

I think Trump made birther issue a joke, all while being obama's biggest critic.  Cause impeached obama = 8 years of Biden rule ;)
That's not fun for hilary.

Then in 2015/2016, he decided to make the road to the white house easier for hilary.   Wreck every republican.  Wreck bernie as a commie... Then, attack Hilary (on mother's day) for being cheated on. 

He's a dem plant.  I've said it all along, and when he tanks this election on purpose, she gets Senate, 45 states, and her mandate... well, maybe people will realize it then.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 01:00:39 PM »
I think he's a democrat.  I think he made the birther issue a joke - even though the spacing on that document obama showed us, well, it used computer spacing, and not typewriter spacing, as should have been the case in a 1950s document.

I think Trump made birther issue a joke, all while being obama's biggest critic.  Cause impeached obama = 8 years of Biden rule ;)
That's not fun for hilary.

Then in 2015/2016, he decided to make the road to the white house easier for hilary.   Wreck every republican.  Wreck bernie as a commie... Then, attack Hilary (on mother's day) for being cheated on. 

He's a dem plant.  I've said it all along, and when he tanks this election on purpose, she gets Senate, 45 states, and her mandate... well, maybe people will realize it then.

Am I the only one who thinks dude sounds like a psychiatric patient with access to a computer? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 01:05:27 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks dude sounds like a psychiatric patient with access to a computer? 

I predicted Trump would be the nominee.   Over and over, for the past 9 months, even as you and most pundits said he'd never get anywhere.

I was right about that.   And I think I'll be right about this one.

Anyway, aren't you a mod?  What's up with the personal insults.  You use these insults more than anyone else here, and you're the only fairly active moderator.  You're an honorable and accomplished dude - why insult those whose ideas you disagree with?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 01:06:05 PM »
I predicted Trump would be the nominee.   Over and over, for the past 9 months, even as you and most pundits said he'd never get anywhere.

I was right about that.   And I think I'll be right about this one.

Anyway, aren't you a mod?  What's up with the personal insults.  You use these insults more than anyone else here, and you're the only fairly active moderator.  You're an honorable and accomplished dude - why insult those whose ideas you disagree with?

Screwball. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 03:05:41 PM »

certifiable

the dude makes 333 look sane

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »
certifiable

the dude makes 333 look sane

I was right that repubs would be angry/stupid enough to choose trump.

I'm right Cruz is sexually shady, I'm right that trump is a dem plant.  Time will tell ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 04:14:35 PM »
I was right that repubs would be angry/stupid enough to choose trump.

I'm right Cruz is sexually shady, I'm right that trump is a dem plant.  Time will tell ;)

BFD - it was pretty apparent from the early polls and certainly from the first primary that Trump was the leader of the pack

The Cruz stuff has ZERO Proof and of course your coup de grâce is the idiotic plant nonsense that you truly believe yet can't present a shred of evidence and the premise itself defies all logic

You're fucking insane or incredibly gullible (take your choice)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 04:18:06 PM »
BFD - it was pretty apparent from the early polls

lol, dude, i've been the biggest anti-Trump voice from minute one.  I predicted his exact running date anouncement a month ahead of time.  I said from minute one that the anti-logic choads of the base would run him to #1 and give him the nod.  I also called him a dem plant.  He's acted exactly like a dem plant.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 04:22:29 PM »
lol, dude, i've been the biggest anti-Trump voice from minute one.  I predicted his exact running date anouncement a month ahead of time.  I said from minute one that the anti-logic choads of the base would run him to #1 and give him the nod.  I also called him a dem plant.  He's acted exactly like a dem plant.

So the fuck what

I guess Bill Clinton clued you in what they were planning ...right

Yes, humiliating his Republican opponents and winning virtually every Republican primary is exactly what a "dem plant" would do.

makes perfect sense

Only a Dem plant would have done that

I don't know why the rest of the media can't see what is so obvious to you

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 09:22:08 PM »
yes, a dem plant would make sure hilary isn't facing walker or rand or rubio.

she's facing a guy who is attacking Ryan, saying he may raise min wage and tax the shit out of the wealthy.   

i'm more in shock by anyone who looks at this, and believes there's a genuine republican trying to win the election.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 09:28:54 AM »
yes, a dem plant would make sure hilary isn't facing walker or rand or rubio.

she's facing a guy who is attacking Ryan, saying he may raise min wage and tax the shit out of the wealthy.   

i'm more in shock by anyone who looks at this, and believes there's a genuine republican trying to win the election.

the Republican primary voters took care of that

I guess they were all Dem Plants too

Shit, if Cruz or Bush had been the nominees then we would have had that exact same outcome (i.e. Hillary not facing walker or rand or rubio)

Damn, that cunning bastard Bill Clinton had all bases covered.

I heard Trump had a smoothie for breakfast this morning

That's EXACTLY what a Dem plant would have done

This evidence is getting really hard to ignore

At some point the media is going to notice it

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 09:30:26 AM »
You don't have to worry about Trump picking any SCOTUS Justices.  Hillary will be doing that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »
laugh all you want.  But everything Trump's done so far = what a dem plant would have done, all along.

Trump will continue to shit on women, mock hispanics, frustrate the base, and tank the election as planned.  Just do enough to squeak out 44% and win the nomination, then just coast to a hilary win. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 09:45:40 AM »
laugh all you want.  But everything Trump's done so far = what a dem plant would have done, all along.

Trump will continue to shit on women, mock hispanics, frustrate the base, and tank the election as planned.  Just do enough to squeak out 44% and win the nomination, then just coast to a hilary win. 

Right, winning the Republican Primary = Exactly what a Dem Plant would do

Any sane person totally gets that

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 10:00:22 AM »
Right, winning the Republican Primary = Exactly what a Dem Plant would do
Any sane person totally gets that

Worst case, trump enters the race and makes a mess of things,
best case, he actually wins - eliminating all of the competition for hilary.  Even better.

now trump can wisely manage his supporters - narrowing them down, group after group.   If you are a small biz owner, you don't vote republican, because you KNOW what trump will do with your min wages.  If you're a rich person, you dont' vote republican because Trump said it's time to raise your taxes. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »
Worst case, trump enters the race and makes a mess of things,
best case, he actually wins - eliminating all of the competition for hilary.  Even better.

now trump can wisely manage his supporters - narrowing them down, group after group.   If you are a small biz owner, you don't vote republican, because you KNOW what trump will do with your min wages.  If you're a rich person, you dont' vote republican because Trump said it's time to raise your taxes. 

have you ever stopped to wonder why no one in the media has noticed that Trump is doing exactly what a "dem plant" would do ?

He's done hundreds of interviews and not a single person has asked him about this (to the best of my knowledge).

Why don't they see it given how obvious it is?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »
have you ever stopped to wonder why no one in the media has noticed that Trump is doing exactly what a "dem plant" would do ?

Isn't the media run by liberals?  Wouldn't they love the idea of a Hilary presidency?

Why would they want to talk about a nice path to her winning the white house?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »
Isn't the media run by liberals?  Wouldn't they love the idea of a Hilary presidency?

Why would they want to talk about a nice path to her winning the white house?

that makes sense

Liberals run Fox News and definitely control Glenn Beck

Both Fox News and Glenn Beck hate both Trump and Hillary yet neither one is talking about the OBVIOUS FACT that Trump was planted by Bill Clinton

Clearly Bill Clinton has gotten to them too

What other reason would there be for neither of these sources talking about this

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 10:56:35 AM »
FOX is talking about it - So is Beck.  

Does trump really want to win?  FOX NEWS
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/30/does-trump-really-want-to-win.html

Glenn Beck Thinks Donald Trump is a Plant to Get Hillary Elected ...
http://www.towleroad.com/2015/12/glenn-beck-thinks-donald-trump-is-a-plant-to-get-hillary-elected-watch/

FOX & Friends discussed it too -
"I think there’s a small possibility that this gentleman is a phantom candidate. Mr. Trump has a close friendship with Bill and Hillary Clinton. They were at his last wedding. He has contributed to the Clintons’ foundation. He has contributed to Mrs. Clinton’s Senate campaigns. All of this is very suspicious."
Read more at http://wonkette.com/591117/democratic-plant-donald-trump-is-not-democratic-plant-says-donald-trump#uSt0ID6bwUpFTGOG.99

Bro, I listen to fox news radio every day, love it.  It's a pretty common belief among republicans that Trump may be a "phantom candidate", or a dem plant.
Those are the first 3 examples in google, there are plenty more there.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 11:05:07 AM »
FOX is talking about it - So is Beck.  

Does trump really want to win?  FOX NEWS
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/30/does-trump-really-want-to-win.html

Glenn Beck Thinks Donald Trump is a Plant to Get Hillary Elected ...
http://www.towleroad.com/2015/12/glenn-beck-thinks-donald-trump-is-a-plant-to-get-hillary-elected-watch/

FOX & Friends discussed it too -
"I think there’s a small possibility that this gentleman is a phantom candidate. Mr. Trump has a close friendship with Bill and Hillary Clinton. They were at his last wedding. He has contributed to the Clintons’ foundation. He has contributed to Mrs. Clinton’s Senate campaigns. All of this is very suspicious."
Read more at http://wonkette.com/591117/democratic-plant-donald-trump-is-not-democratic-plant-says-donald-trump#uSt0ID6bwUpFTGOG.99

Bro, I listen to fox news radio every day, love it.  It's a pretty common belief among republicans that Trump may be a "phantom candidate", or a dem plant.
Those are the first 3 examples in google, there are plenty more there.

no mention of Trump being a democratic plant in that first link

second link from Beck suggests that Trump will get some huge payday for doing this?
What is that payday.  So far he has only lost a lot of business and Hilary has repudiated him

Last link is from Last July from a Jeb Bush supporter who is referred to as a "Florida Republican congresstroll". 

This was all before Trump had won a single primary

Trump is now the presumptive nominee

Why are they still not talking about it, especially when it's so obvious that every single thing he has done is exactly what a "dem plant" would have done

It was only speculation last summer.....now they have the "proof"

why aren't they talking about it