Author Topic: Mark Levin on ‘TrumpTrade’: More Bernie Than Reagan  (Read 453 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Mark Levin on ‘TrumpTrade’: More Bernie Than Reagan
« on: May 09, 2016, 08:47:13 PM »
One area in which Trump can be nailed down is his overall view of trade. As I explained at Conservative Review, when it comes to Trump’s own financial dealings, he is an unrepentant globalist, from which he has made a fortune. But these days, as he runs for president, the billionaire is a radical protectionist who has repeatedly declared his intention to impose massive tariffs aimed at the economies of other countries, such as Japan and Mexico, and a forty-five percent tariff on products from China. Such broad tariffs would most certainly result in retaliation by the targeted countries. This is a sure job-killer that would also drive up costs of everyday products to low- and middle-class Americans. The net result: economic misery, not just for those hard-working, tax-paying Americans who work in industries that rely on international commerce and trade, but mostly everyone.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/05/09/mark-levin-trumptrade-bernie-reagan/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Mark Levin on ‘TrumpTrade’: More Bernie Than Reagan
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »
Mark "The Great Once" Levin.

A 45% tariff is a problem, sure....but Trump has had some of those positions since the 80s on trade. Moderation in those positions may not be any of those things that Levin says there.

The problem I have with Levin is his own inability/disability to see Cruz and his wife as part of the globalist movement and can't recognize that Trump starts at way crazy levels on things to stir it up and then walks back from them. Does Levin really think we could have a 45% tariff on goods from China? I don't believe he does and neither does Trump. How about a 5% though? How many companies in the USA went out of business due to the unfair trade practices that we allow? How many could have stayed competitive with a 5% or 10% tariff on China or Mexico? My guess is a lot.

News flash...we are already in an economic war with the world where we have given away all of our advantages - we are losing and racking up debt the longer it goes on. If not being able to buy things cheap from China is a job killer....well, how would that be? We don't make anything here as it is. The elephant in the room is that the wealth will continue to transfer out of the USA so long as we continue to not be a production powerhouse. We keep the world locked into the dollar reserve with our military interventionism - but someday that will end.