Author Topic: Today, Trump wants to ABOLISH the MINIMUM WAGE  (Read 364 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Today, Trump wants to ABOLISH the MINIMUM WAGE
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »
Yesterday, he was open to RAISING IT, agreeing with the CNN host that nobody can live off 7.75 an hour.
Today, he waks up, and just wants to ABOLISH IT.

Now, I don't care where you stand on this issue  -  It has to terrify you that Trump would just bounce around so casually, on a position so important to America's small business owners.

Donald Trump has called for the elimination of the federal minimum wage, as he retreated from primary promises and once again refused to release his tax returns because of “a link” to an audit.

The presumptive Republican nominee for president repeatedly said he would support a higher minimum wage, a reversal from his position when he had conservative opponents. But he insisted on Sunday that states should decide such wages.

“I like the idea of ‘let the states decide’,” Trump told NBC’s Meet the Press. “But I think people should get more. I think they’re out there. They’re working. It is a very low number.”

Asked “should the federal government set a floor” – a national minimum wage – Trump replied: “No, I’d rather have the states go out and do what they have to do.

“And the states compete with each other, not only other countries, but they compete with each other.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/08/federal-minimum-wage-trump