Author Topic: Transitioning from Cut to Clean Bulk - Supplement Advice Needed  (Read 5906 times)

Trainerbrian85

• Getbig I
After lifting consistently for about 10 years I took a year off up until last November.  Since then I have been cutting and dropped from 235 lbs down to 180 lbs at about 7-8% bodyfat.  My plan is to start a clean bulk at the beginning of June and am hoping to get some advice on a good stack to help during this upcoming bulk phase.  Currently during my cut I'm down to about 2,000 calories per day but will be slowly scaling up to 3,200 over about 4-8 weeks after I start my bulk.  I am upping the calories slowly since I've been hardcore dieting for over 4 months, and also will be cutting out the 6 days/week of cardio that I'm doing now during the cut, in order to avoid gaining a bunch of fat since my body might take a bit of time to get used to the extra calories again.  Currently, the only supplements that I'm taking during the cut are a green-tea fat burner, multivitamins, and Whey protein.  I feel like I have most of my supplement choices figured about but am hoping for a bit of advice to help maximize my gains.  In the past I've been up to about 230 at 15-16% bodyfat but my goal this time around is to get to 215 at sub-10% bodyfat.

Summary of my Planned clean bulk:

Nutrition - Scaling up to 3,200 cal (maybe more, depending on how much bodyfat I start to put on)
-365g Carbs: Oats, Brown Rice, Salsa, Spinach, Broccoli, Yams, Bananas(post-workout only)
-268g Protein: Eggs, Chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Talapia, Deli Turkey
-78g Fats: mainly from eggs, fish/other meats, natural peanut butter

Training - 4 days on, 1 day off (weaker body parts are hit twice during split, abs 3 times)
-Day 1: Chest/Abs (am), Shoulders/Traps/Calves (pm)
-Day 2: Back/Rear Delts/Forearms/Abs
-Day 3: Legs/Low Back
-Day 4: Biceps/Forearms/Traps (am), Triceps/Abs (pm)
-Day 5: Rest

Supplements
-C4 (Pre-workout, 1 scoop)
-BSN Amino X (Intra-workout, 1 scoop)
-ON 100% Whey (Post-workout, 2 scoops/48g protein)
-MET-Rx Glutamine (Post-workout, 5g)
-MET-Rx Creatine (Post-workout, 5g)
-MET-Rx Tribulus Max (1 pill in am Pre-workout, 1 pill in pm)
-MET-Rx ZMA (3 pills, 45 mins before bed)
-ON Casein (1.5 scoops, right before bed)
-Multivitamin (in am, Pre-workout)

Questions:
-On the two days of my split where I have workouts in the PM would it be wise to take a second scoop of the day of C4 before these workouts?  I plan to finish my night workouts about 1.5 hours before going to bed so will taking C4 this close make it impossible to sleep?  Also, will taking two doses on these days increase my tolerance and decrease the efficiency of the C4 on the days where I have one workout and one dose?

-I'd like to add a Pro-Hormone stack once I reach my target calorie number (to maximize gains during the stack).  I'm 31 and have taken a couple of mild Pro-Hormones in the past but this was about 6-7 years ago and the available supplements in this area seemed to have changed quite a bit.  I'm thinking about the LG Sciences Bulking Andro Kit but haven't been able to find any decent reviews that didn't seem "fake".  Any suggestions on a good Pro-Hormone stack for lean mass?  Also, I am planning on starting with the Tribulus to jumpstart my natural testosterone levels until I am able to start the Pro-Hormone stack during which I would stop taking the Tribulus but would I be better off waiting on the Tribulus until PCT?

-Any advice on things to add/change to my supplement stack would be greatly appreciated!  My training and diet are definitely on point but I'd like to maximize my results by being as thorough with my supplementation as possible.

~Thanks in advance

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Transitioning from Cut to Clean Bulk - Supplement Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »
Don't bulk or even "clean bulk".

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 06:40:59 AM »
Prohormones are garbage imo. Tried to un read your post after I saw PH. If u mess with your hormones just take test. It's  safest way to do it this pussy footing around with PHs because they are oral and legal doesn't mean they r good they ruin lipids , stress liver twice as bad as oral AAS, shut down testosterone production, raise cholesterol, fantom gyno, and much more.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 08:42:32 AM »
Eat sleep train.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 08:45:15 AM »
Supplements
Lot of wasted money here...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 11:35:10 AM »
Please read this before considering PH.  It was written by a highly respected, well informed former member.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=157343.0
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 05:31:48 PM »
Lot of wasted money here...

definition: "supplement"

PizzaTrenSlin

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 08:54:44 AM »
Read GH15 bible... ok there are a lot of "strange" things, but he didn't take any supplements....

I use:
-Electrolites
-BCAA pre wo in the morning (because fasted)
-4g vit C
-Taurine
-Inositole (when on cycle to help my poor liver)
And only because i'm still cutting and on Keto, with an high carb diet you don't need any.

just skip that useless supplements and use those money for FOOD, T3, HGH.

Real food > all

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 06:45:23 PM »
After lifting consistently for about 10 years I took a year off up until last November.  Since then I have been cutting and dropped from 235 lbs down to 180 lbs at about 7-8% bodyfat.  My plan is to start a clean bulk at the beginning of June and am hoping to get some advice on a good stack to help during this upcoming bulk phase.  Currently during my cut I'm down to about 2,000 calories per day but will be slowly scaling up to 3,200 over about 4-8 weeks after I start my bulk.  I am upping the calories slowly since I've been hardcore dieting for over 4 months, and also will be cutting out the 6 days/week of cardio that I'm doing now during the cut, in order to avoid gaining a bunch of fat since my body might take a bit of time to get used to the extra calories again.  Currently, the only supplements that I'm taking during the cut are a green-tea fat burner, multivitamins, and Whey protein.  I feel like I have most of my supplement choices figured about but am hoping for a bit of advice to help maximize my gains.  In the past I've been up to about 230 at 15-16% bodyfat but my goal this time around is to get to 215 at sub-10% bodyfat.

Summary of my Planned clean bulk:

Nutrition - Scaling up to 3,200 cal (maybe more, depending on how much bodyfat I start to put on)
-365g Carbs: Oats, Brown Rice, Salsa, Spinach, Broccoli, Yams, Bananas(post-workout only)
-268g Protein: Eggs, Chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Talapia, Deli Turkey
-78g Fats: mainly from eggs, fish/other meats, natural peanut butter

Training - 4 days on, 1 day off (weaker body parts are hit twice during split, abs 3 times)
-Day 1: Chest/Abs (am), Shoulders/Traps/Calves (pm)
-Day 2: Back/Rear Delts/Forearms/Abs
-Day 3: Legs/Low Back
-Day 4: Biceps/Forearms/Traps (am), Triceps/Abs (pm)
-Day 5: Rest

Supplements

Questions:
-On the two days of my split where I have workouts in the PM would it be wise to take a second scoop of the day of C4 before these workouts?  I plan to finish my night workouts about 1.5 hours before going to bed so will taking C4 this close make it impossible to sleep?  Also, will taking two doses on these days increase my tolerance and decrease the efficiency of the C4 on the days where I have one workout and one dose?

-I'd like to add a Pro-Hormone stack once I reach my target calorie number (to maximize gains during the stack).  I'm 31 and have taken a couple of mild Pro-Hormones in the past but this was about 6-7 years ago and the available supplements in this area seemed to have changed quite a bit.  I'm thinking about the LG Sciences Bulking Andro Kit but haven't been able to find any decent reviews that didn't seem "fake".  Any suggestions on a good Pro-Hormone stack for lean mass?  Also, I am planning on starting with the Tribulus to jumpstart my natural testosterone levels until I am able to start the Pro-Hormone stack during which I would stop taking the Tribulus but would I be better off waiting on the Tribulus until PCT?

-Any advice on things to add/change to my supplement stack would be greatly appreciated!  My training and diet are definitely on point but I'd like to maximize my results by being as thorough with my supplementation as possible.

~Thanks in advance

iifym. for diet, no supplements, weights 3-4 times a week, some cardio. hope this helps

your health, mind, and wallet will thank you and you WILL look exactly the same if you followed this ridiculous diet and supp regiment. youve been lifting for 10 yrs and still falling for this crap? i dont buy it. 10 yrs in the game you should know better