Author Topic: Trump claims net worth of more than $10 billion in new filing  (Read 468 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Still no tax return, where he'd actually have to verify these claims.  Went from 8 to 10 billion this year, by his own claims.  This means we never see the tax returns.

Donald Trump claimed a net worth of more than $10 billion in a Personal Financial Disclosure (PFD) form filed with the federal government on Tuesday, his campaign said in a statement.

Trump said he filed the report on Monday. As of this writing, the report was not available for review on the Federal Election Commission website.

In a statement, Trump took a swipe at Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders

, who has requested an extension to file his own disclosure form.

“I filed my PFD, which I am proud to say is the largest in the history of the FEC,” Trump said.

“Despite the fact that I am allowed extensions, I have again filed my report, which is 104 pages, on time. Bernie Sanders has requested, on the other hand, an extension for his small report. This is the difference between a businessman and the all talk, no action politicians that have failed the American people for far too long.”

Trump filed the same document last July, surprising many critics by taking the final step in becoming an official candidate for president.

Still, Trump has so far declined to release any tax returns, something every major party nominee has done in the modern era. Tax returns are more detailed than the PFDs and include information not on the disclosure form.

Trump says he’s being audited by the Internal Revenue Service and has been advised by his legal counsel not to release his returns until the government finishes its review, although the IRS has said he is free to release them.

Trump’s critics claim he’s either hiding shady business practices or isn’t as wealthy as he claims.

The newly filed PFD form says that Trump’s revenue leapt from $362 million in 2014 to $557 million in 2015 – an increase of nearly $200 million. The figure does not include dividends, interest, capital gains, rent or royalties.

“This income was utilized, among other things, for the funding of construction projects at various multi-million dollar developments, reduction of debt and the funding of the campaign,” the campaign said.

Trump has already spent an estimated $36 million of his own money to fund his primary campaign.

The likely GOP nominee says his net worth has also increased, and is now “in excess” of $10 billion.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: Trump claims net worth of more than $10 billion in new filing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 03:25:20 PM »
Overstating real-estate by a huuuuuuuuuuge amount, most likely.

He's probably no very liquid at all, going to have to tap that large ESTABLISHMENT donor base and ESTABLISHMENT machine because I doubt he really wants to self fund his campaign.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 05:05:39 PM »
Overstating real-estate by a huuuuuuuuuuge amount, most likely.

He's probably no very liquid at all, going to have to tap that large ESTABLISHMENT donor base and ESTABLISHMENT machine because I doubt he really wants to self fund his campaign.

all that talk about being self-funded and not being at the mercy donors, well, it just went out the window.

two democrats running for prez in 2016.   By design!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 05:55:15 PM »
When he sued that reporter for "libeling" him, his case was basically that his name was worth several billion dollars. He had assets of about 7-800 mil, which is a lot, but considerably less than a billion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 05:57:55 PM »
When he sued that reporter for "libeling" him, his case was basically that his name was worth several billion dollars. He had assets of about 7-800 mil, which is a lot, but considerably less than a billion.

It's really like THE ONION is running their own candidate.

Wedding buddy and lifelong dem, CTer 911 and birther and JFK...
destroys all the other repubs, promises to export 10% of the population...
Lies about his wealth by a few billion, and nobody even blinks.

You could not make this shit up.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:41:12 PM »
Pretty sure he said numerous times he would release AFTER HIS AUDIT.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »
Pretty sure he said numerous times he would release AFTER HIS AUDIT.

he said this week he doesn't plan on releasing it at all ;)