Author Topic: Trump repeats Obama 2008 foreign leader meeting fail  (Read 221 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Trump repeats Obama 2008 foreign leader meeting fail
« on: May 18, 2016, 09:16:28 AM »
The debate over Barack Obama's position on meeting with foreign leaders without preconditions became a central component of the 2008 elections during a CNN/YouTube debate, on July 24th, 2007. He was asked, "Would you be willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea, in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?" Obama responded, "I would. And the reason is this, that the notion that somehow not talking to countries is punishment to them -- which has been the guiding diplomatic principle of this administration -- is ridiculous."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: FLASHBACK: Obama 2008 fail
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:56:11 AM »
Everybody mocked obama for his naivety in wanting to meet with foreign leaders.

Everybody is silent when Trump says he'll do it  ;)

Presumptive US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says he is willing to meet North Korea's leader to discuss its nuclear programme.

"I would speak to him, I would have no problem speaking to him," the businessman said of Kim Jong-un.
Such a meeting would mark a significant change of US policy towards the politically isolated regime.

Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton decried Mr Trump's "bizarre fascination with foreign strongmen".
The statement, delivered by one of her aides, added that Mr Trump's foreign policy "made no sense".

In a separate interview with Fox News, Mr Trump said he "absolutely had regrets" about his nine-month campaign, but that if had not conducted himself in the way he had, he would not have been successful.