Author Topic: Poll: Donald Trump Edges Hillary Clinton in Fox Survey  (Read 1377 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Poll: Donald Trump Edges Hillary Clinton in Fox Survey
« on: May 18, 2016, 11:27:04 PM »
Before they even get on stage where he will have a massive edge

What do the "statistical numbers" tell Nate Silver though oh brother  ::) ::) ::)

A new poll from FoxNews finds Donald Trump edging Hillary Clinton in the race for the White House, by 3 points, or 45 percent to 42 percent.
Trump’s advantage over Clinton is right at the poll’s 3 point margin of error.

This latest Fox poll is a significant improvement for Trump. The network’s last poll of the general election, taken in mid-April, showed Clinton leading the presumptive GOP nominee by 7 points. In June 2015, at the start of the primary campaign season, Clinton led Trump by 17 points.

The change in the race can be attributed to two complementary forces; Clinton has become more unlikeable in the eyes of voters, while Trump’s favorable ratings have improved, especially among Republicans. Among all voters, though, Trump’s numbers have swung 19 points more positive. Clinton’s numbers, meanwhile, have swung 5 points more negative.

Hillary Clinton, in fact, has a higher unfavorable rating than Trump, or any other political figure. Among all voters, 61 percent have a negative opinion of Clinton. Trump’s unfavorable numbers are also very high, with 56 percent of voters having a negative view of the real estate developer. His number are better than Clinton’s, however.

While just 41 percent of voters have a positive impression of Trump, only 37 percent have a positive view of Clinton. The media regularly points out that Trump is unpopular with general election voters. An important caveat, however, is that Clinton is even less popular.

Trump favorable/unfavorable rating is similar to voters’ impressions of the Republican party overall. Voters’ views of Clinton, however, are decidely more negative than opinions of the Democrat party. Comparing favorable and unfavorable opinions, the net-rating for the Democrat party is -2. Clinton’s net rating, however, is -24.

Considering different qualities in the candidates, voters generally have negative views of both Clinton and Trump. There are two traits, however, where Trump has a very clear advantage.

He has a 22 point edge over Clinton on who voters would describe as a “strong leader.” Perhaps just as important, voters view Clinton more “corrupt” than Trump by a 12-point margin, 49-37.

Clinton has a 14-point edge among women. Trump, however, has a 22-point edge among men. Trump is underwater, the difference between favorable and unfavorable views, with women by 30 points. That is almost the same as his rating last fall among all women. Among Republican women, however, Trump’s rating has improved considerable. His net rating among Republican women last fall was just +3. Today, his net-rating with GOP women is +34.

Even though Clinton leads Trump among women, her net-rating is -7. Her advantage with women over Trump is only slightly higher than the 11-point margin among women voters between Obama and Romney in the 2012 elections. Despite her potentially historic election and the fact that Trump’s favorable rating among female voters is horrendous, Clinton only does marginally better among women than Obama fared against Romney.

Trump’s 22-point edge among male voters, though, is three times larger than the advantage Romney enjoyed over Obama among men. This is due, no doubt, to Clinton’s horrible -44 rating among male voters. Only 27 percent of men have a favorable opinion of Clinton. An statistically amazing 71 percent have a negative view of Clinton.

It is true that voters don’t like either Trump or Clinton very much. The problem for Hillary Clinton, though, is that voters like her even less than Trump.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Poll: Donald Trump Edges Hillary Clinton in Fox Survey
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:54:50 PM »
Republicans are celebrating that a lifetime democrat with an impulsive, immature streak is leading the other democrat. 

What a day when THIS is cause for celebration. 

James

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »
Republicans are celebrating that a lifetime democrat with an impulsive, immature streak is leading the other democrat. 

What a day when THIS is cause for celebration. 

240 aka Team Hillary!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 04:53:20 PM »
240 aka Team Hillary!

240 believes that Trump will "likely bow out" or accidentally admit in a debate that his  Hilary might be a better choice

I'm sure Trump being equal or even higher than Hillary in some national polls is also a part of Bill Clintons plan

Only 240 is sharp enough to realize that Bill Clinton is controlling this entire process

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 04:55:47 PM »
240 believes that Trump will "likely bow out" or accidentally admit in a debate that his  Hilary might be a better choice

I'm sure Trump being equal or even higher than Hillary in some national polls is also a part of Bill Clintons plan

Only 240 is sharp enough to realize that Bill Clinton is controlling this entire process

Yes, I do believe Trump will find a way to give it to hilary.  He won't be obvious about it, as most plants try not to be.

But in the end, she'll have the white house, they'll still be buddies, and dems will win.   They cannot lose... there are 2 of them running against each other ;)  Anyone that pretends trump is a repub/conservative are just lying to themselves.

they're eating cat shit because "well, I'm not going to eat dog shit, that's for sure!"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:05:25 PM »
Yes, I do believe Trump will find a way to give it to hilary.  He won't be obvious about it, as most plants try not to be.

But in the end, she'll have the white house, they'll still be buddies, and dems will win.   They cannot lose... there are 2 of them running against each other ;)  Anyone that pretends trump is a repub/conservative are just lying to themselves.

they're eating cat shit because "well, I'm not going to eat dog shit, that's for sure!"

how is bowing out not obvious

how is saying in a debate that she is the better choice not obvious

how are they "buddies" when they both repudiated each other and called each all kinds of names

You seem to think this is professional wrestling where Bill Clinton writes the script with Trump as The Heel and Hillary as The Face and they all go out after the match and drink beer and do coke together

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »

He can't bow out today.   he'd have to do it closer to the election so GOP doesn't have time to rebuild

more likely, he'll enjoy a lead in polls, then do whatever he has to do to tank it.  He's too lazy to be prez.  His life is already more fun than that of the prez.   Trump won't be able to accept world leaders telling him no.

Shame on GOP voters for trusting trump with this nomination.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
He can't bow out today.   he'd have to do it closer to the election so GOP doesn't have time to rebuild

more likely, he'll enjoy a lead in polls, then do whatever he has to do to tank it.  He's too lazy to be prez.  His life is already more fun than that of the prez.   Trump won't be able to accept world leaders telling him no.

Shame on GOP voters for trusting trump with this nomination.

This uber-prideful alpha multi-billionaire is going to "tank" the election in order to hand it right over to a slimy, gutter 2 bit trash terrible politician such as Hillary?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 07:26:58 PM »
This uber-prideful alpha multi-billionaire is going to "tank" the election in order to hand it right over to a slimy, gutter 2 bit trash terrible politician such as Hillary?

only when the 2 bit trash person is a lifelong friend of his who shares ideology ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 09:35:29 PM »
240 aka Team Hillary!

Without a doubt since 2008.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 10:33:39 PM »
Without a doubt since 2008.

still, you will not swear on your testicles that I am going to vote hilary.   You would swear the sky is blue or Reagan is great... but you have that doubt ;)  Or you'd swear it.  Put it out there!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 10:39:50 PM »
only when the 2 bit trash person is a lifelong friend of his who shares ideology ;)

LOL

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 10:41:29 PM »
still, you will not swear on your testicles that I am going to vote hilary.   You would swear the sky is blue or Reagan is great... but you have that doubt ;)  Or you'd swear it.  Put it out there!

Sure. You would only lie about it anyway.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 11:39:05 PM »
Sure. You would only lie about it anyway.

On election day, you swear on the health of your testes that I voted Hilary.
I'll swear on the health of mine that I did NOT vote hilary.

not the kinda shit I'd want to put out there, but hey... if you're that sure...

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 09:18:57 AM »

You talk about how dumb/impulsive Trump is yet he is clever enough to not let it slip that he's a plant?

You love Hillary.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 09:57:16 AM »
On election day, you swear on the health of your testes that I voted Hilary.
I'll swear on the health of mine that I did NOT vote hilary.

not the kinda shit I'd want to put out there, but hey... if you're that sure...

C'mon Rob you are taking this a little too far with statements like this.

Swearing on the health of another getbigger. Not cool at all bro.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 03:09:43 PM »

how is saying in a debate that she is the better choice not obvious

how are they "buddies" when they both repudiated each other and called each all kinds of names

You seem to think this is professional wrestling where Bill Clinton writes the script with Trump as The Heel and Hillary as The Face and they all go out after the match and drink beer and do coke together

No way.  Say it isn't so.