Author Topic: Trump rooted for housing crash in 2006 "I sorta hope it happens"  (Read 1370 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign unveiled a new web ad Tuesday showing Donald Trump rooting for the "real estate crash" in 2006.

"While Trump was looking for new ways to profit, the reality of the economic crisis was that nine million Americans lost their job and five million families lost their homes," the Clinton campaign said in a statement. "The new video is part of a series of activities today in more than half a dozen battleground states to highlight these revelations about Donald Trump and Trump's pattern of seeking to cash in at the expense of families."

The ad shows discussion of the 2008 economic crisis before playing audio of Trump in 2006 expressing desire to see the housing market crash.

"I sort of hope that happens because then people like me would go in and buy," Trump is heard saying in the ad. "If there is a bubble burst, as they call it, you know you could make a lot of money."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-ad-trump-rooted-for-the-housing-bubble-to-burst/article/2592114

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Trump rooted for housing crash in 2006 "I sorta hope it happens"
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:08:12 AM »
Sound reasoning by Trump.

Benghazi.....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 09:53:38 AM »
Lol so you're mad at him for being a good investor? He didn't cause the housing bubble, why should he not make money when. It's there for the making?

If you're bashing him you need to bash anyone who bought a house over that time period bc guess what, they got a fucking deal too

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 10:02:17 AM »
Lol so you're mad at him for being a good investor? He didn't cause the housing bubble, why should he not make money when. It's there for the making?

If you're bashing him you need to bash anyone who bought a house over that time period bc guess what, they got a fucking deal too

Publicly hoping millions of americans lose their homes - So he can profit?

it's one thing to quietly invest, it's another to publicly gloat about your desire to see the US economy collapse so you can make a buck.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 10:54:48 AM »
Publicly hoping millions of americans lose their homes - So he can profit?

it's one thing to quietly invest, it's another to publicly gloat about your desire to see the US economy collapse so you can make a buck.
Hahah so a private citizen on a private phone call who is happy about the prospects of a good investment is offensive to you? Lmfao no wonder you're a liberal

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 10:56:15 AM »
Hahah so a private citizen on a private phone call who is happy about the prospects of a good investment is offensive to you? Lmfao no wonder you're a liberal

let me guess... you're a huge Trump guy now?  lol!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
let me guess... you're a huge Trump guy now?  lol!
I'm a common sense guy and it doesn't take much to know that it's a good move to buy low, seeing as he didn't cause the downturn why should he not make a profit if there is one to be made?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »
Without the "sort of", it would be different.

But IMO there's not much to this, either way.  He's not saying anything people are surprised by.  In fact, the "sort of" at least shows he's tempered, even if only to a small degree.