Author Topic: the most important thing is <diet,lifting,drugs>  (Read 963 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
the most important thing is <diet,lifting,drugs>
« on: May 25, 2016, 06:46:31 PM »
i've realized that people are quick to tell others "x is the MOST important thing" for success, where x is the thing they, in particular, struggled with the most.

the reality is that anything can hold you back: drugs, lifting, diet, even stupid tiny things like where you place the bar on your clavicles, what sort of shoes you wear, etc.

there's always a bottleneck.  you address the "bottleneck factor" (say that means eating enough carbs or protein or whatever), then something else becomes the bottleneck (maybe tucking your elbows on bench), then you fix that, and the bottleneck moves somewhere else.  eventually you end up either thinking you know it all (ignorant of the bottleneck) or simply unwilling to address it (e.g. wanting to stay natural, not willing to put time in to the gym, not willing to fix the diet, etc.).

anyway, the point is, no one factor is inherently any more important than any other.  for example, it's popular to say "all drugs".  well, for someone who blasts all the drugs in the world but eats 0 calories per day, food will obviously be their bottleneck.  once they start eating, they could very well turn around and say, "All drugs?  Nah, ALL FOOD BRO."

Anyway, you can usually tell what someone struggled most with by listening to what they claim to be most important.  In all likelihood, they probably went years without realizing it was their bottleneck, only to finally see results once they addressed it.  Might be useful information for you, or might be worthless -- perhaps your bottleneck lies elsewhere.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: the most important thing is <diet,lifting,drugs>
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:05:24 PM »
Age is the key. You can make great natural gains as a teen then jump on sauce around 20 and blast for a few years.  Cruise and blast then get hgh by 30 and enjoy the ride.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »
Calm down, Matilda.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 07:22:55 PM »
i've realized that people are quick to tell others "x is the MOST important thing" for success, where x is the thing they, in particular, struggled with the most.

the reality is that anything can hold you back: drugs, lifting, diet, even stupid tiny things like where you place the bar on your clavicles, what sort of shoes you wear, etc.

there's always a bottleneck.  you address the "bottleneck factor" (say that means eating enough carbs or protein or whatever), then something else becomes the bottleneck (maybe tucking your elbows on bench), then you fix that, and the bottleneck moves somewhere else.  eventually you end up either thinking you know it all (ignorant of the bottleneck) or simply unwilling to address it (e.g. wanting to stay natural, not willing to put time in to the gym, not willing to fix the diet, etc.).

anyway, the point is, no one factor is inherently any more important than any other.  for example, it's popular to say "all drugs".  well, for someone who blasts all the drugs in the world but eats 0 calories per day, food will obviously be their bottleneck.  once they start eating, they could very well turn around and say, "All drugs?  Nah, ALL FOOD BRO."

Anyway, you can usually tell what someone struggled most with by listening to what they claim to be most important.  In all likelihood, they probably went years without realizing it was their bottleneck, only to finally see results once they addressed it.  Might be useful information for you, or might be worthless -- perhaps your bottleneck lies elsewhere.

why not just work on improving what you have rather than trying to blame other people's better genetics for your own shortcomings.

anyone, anyone can improve their body, only thing is accepting that certain things just ain't gonna happen, but maybe the journey to failure is the key to learning when we start
"

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 01:50:43 AM »
why not just work on improving what you have rather than trying to blame other people's better genetics for your own shortcomings.

anyone, anyone can improve their body, only thing is accepting that certain things just ain't gonna happen, but maybe the journey to failure is the key to learning when we start

This comment seems a little out of left field, but I can sort of see where you're coming from.  I was definitely a delusional and arrogant piece of shit who thought he knew it all... year by year i had to let go, one delusion at a time.

That said, I'm not blaming anyone.  This thread just came from a recurring observation I've had for a long time now.  The endless debate: what's most important?  Diet, drugs, exercise, this, that, the other?  Ultimately, all of these things are critical, but only one of them will hinder progress.  Only one can be the weakest link in the chain at any given time.

I'm suggesting that people tend to say "X is the most important" when X was, for them, the biggest bottleneck in their "bodybuilding career".  Hence, it's best to be careful when choosing whom you listen to... their obstacles aren't yours.  Their "overcoming" might not apply for you.

Also not sure what you know about my genetics... did you take steal my DNA test ??? :D

Getting myself back together, one step at a time.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 02:06:48 AM »
Solid build. Pussy pulling physique right there.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 02:07:27 AM »
This comment seems a little out of left field, but I can sort of see where you're coming from.  I was definitely a delusional and arrogant piece of shit who thought he knew it all... year by year i had to let go, one delusion at a time.

That said, I'm not blaming anyone.  This thread just came from a recurring observation I've had for a long time now.  The endless debate: what's most important?  Diet, drugs, exercise, this, that, the other?  Ultimately, all of these things are critical, but only one of them will hinder progress.  Only one can be the weakest link in the chain at any given time.

I'm suggesting that people tend to say "X is the most important" when X was, for them, the biggest bottleneck in their "bodybuilding career".  Hence, it's best to be careful when choosing whom you listen to... their obstacles aren't yours.  Their "overcoming" might not apply for you.

Also not sure what you know about my genetics... did you take steal my DNA test ??? :D

Getting myself back together, one step at a time.

AREOLA[move]