Author Topic: SportsAuthority Shutting Down. Liquidation Sales starting.  (Read 3866 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Starting today they're liquidating all of their assets.  Stores near me are starting with 30% off sales and it'll continue to go up until they clean out the stores.  I wanted to grab some dumbbells on the cheap but not sure how long to wait before they get snatched up. Typically they sell dummbells at $1 a pound but if I can get them for .50 cents that'll be awesome.  Problem is the fucking Mexicans will buy all this shit and post it on craigslist for a quick profit.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: SportsAuthority Shutting Down. Liquidation Sales starting.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 10:24:05 AM »
  Problem is the fucking Mexicans will buy all this shit and post it on craigslist for a quick profit.

This is why we need a wall
a

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:25:04 AM »
This is why we need a wall

Wall with a moat with sharks and electric eels.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
Even at 50 cents a lb., thats not a good deal... Giant sets of weights on Craigslist for cheap money...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 10:41:43 AM »
Even at 50 cents a lb., thats not a good deal... Giant sets of weights on Craigslist for cheap money...

Craigslist used to be good for that.  I built a big chunk of my gym that way but now craigslist is just a bunch of resellers asking for store prices. If there are good deals they buy them quick.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:45:41 AM »

I hear you.  But I think .50 cents a pound isn't bad, even on CL.

I know there's better deals if patient, but that's not horrible.

Also, it depends on the stuff - I got my elite bumpers for  1.50 /lb...they're normally 3 bucks
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »
Craigslist used to be good for that.  I built a big chunk of my gym that way but now craigslist is just a bunch of resellers asking for store prices. If there are good deals they buy them quick.
YEAH I NOTICED THAT TOO.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:48:15 AM »
Starting today they're liquidating all of their assets.  Stores near me are starting with 30% off sales and it'll continue to go up until they clean out the stores.  I wanted to grab some dumbbells on the cheap but not sure how long to wait before they get snatched up. Typically they sell dummbells at $1 a pound but if I can get them for .50 cents that'll be awesome.  Problem is the fucking Mexicans will buy all this shit and post it on craigslist for a quick profit.
They've already closed several stores and liquidated inventory down south. If the past is any indication, they'll start sales at a measly 10-20% off retail prices and the idiot masses will flock to the stores thinking they're getting a bargain and clean out the place. They'll bump the discount every few weeks but by the time things are 30-40% off, all that remains will be some leftover apparel and a few boxes of Converse sneakers in size 15EEE. So don't wait too long if there's something you want. Just don't expect to get much of a deal.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 12:03:41 PM »
They've already closed several stores and liquidated inventory down south. If the past is any indication, they'll start sales at a measly 10-20% off retail prices and the idiot masses will flock to the stores thinking they're getting a bargain and clean out the place. They'll bump the discount every few weeks but by the time things are 30-40% off, all that remains will be some leftover apparel and a few boxes of Converse sneakers in size 15EEE. So don't wait too long if there's something you want. Just don't expect to get much of a deal.

That's what I'm expecting as well.  The stuff that's any decent will be barely marked down but the Mexicans will snatch it all up.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 12:27:14 PM »
They are still honoring gift cards until June 20th, so I don't expect the numbers to drop too much until those get used up.
Y

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »

Thanks for the reminder.  Will check it out today and throughout the weekend.  Bah!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 12:53:01 PM »
Damn. I wish I needed plates.
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »
I went to the store.  Giant signs. 10-30%.  A shitload of people.  Looked around and everything was only 10% off.  I didn't see shit at 30%.  The Saturday ads always have a 20% coupon.  I could get better deals on a normal day than during this shit yet people in there buying everything they can grab.  Fucking idiots.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 01:17:20 PM »
I went to the store.  Giant signs. 10-30%.  A shitload of people.  Looked around and everything was only 10% off.  I didn't see shit at 30%.  The Saturday ads always have a 20% coupon.  I could get better deals on a normal day than during this shit yet people in there buying everything they can grab.  Fucking idiots.

Just returned from there. The exact same thing here in Vegas as well.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 01:29:32 PM »
Is Vince going to make an offer?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 11:45:29 PM »
I saw an article somewhere on how the Sports Authority going out of business prices really ain't all that great.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 12:03:35 AM »
i love SA... I'm in there once a week, if only to play on the machines and punch the boxing torso guy.   

they're closing 2 in my town.  Blah.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 12:08:56 AM »
i love SA... I'm in there once a week, if only to play on the machines and punch the boxing torso guy.   

they're closing 2 in my town.  Blah.

Thanks, Obama.
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
Thanks, Obama.AC

obama personally bulldozed two of the stores in Orlando.   That sonofabitch. 

Those stores collapsed faster than a Coach 1992 Clinton lie. 

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 07:09:05 AM »
obama personally bulldozed two of the stores in Orlando.   That sonofabitch. 

Those stores collapsed faster than a Coach 1992 Clinton lie. 
It wasn't a lie. No more than answering no to "Did you have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky?" after spooging on her face and chest. Clinton simply forgot.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 08:10:25 AM »
I saw an article somewhere on how the Sports Authority going out of business prices really ain't all that great.
Everything is 10% off even though the signs say 10-30.  I get coupons everyweek where it's 20-25% off.  That is not stopping people from scooping up everything thinking they're getting a bargain.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 08:10:51 AM »
Mr A. predicts these will soon follow:

- Nordstrom
 - Sears
 - Macy's
 - JC Penny
 - Target

Remember, you read it here first.  

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 08:28:26 AM »

thanks for the reminder...gotta stop by my store this weekend....I think they got better dumbbells than Dick's

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 08:40:05 AM »
Mr A. predicts these will soon follow:

- Nordstrom
 - Sears
 - Macy's
 - JC Penny
 - Target

Remember, you read it here first.  

I think you are right except for Target, I believe they will do ok for a while. Sadly JC Penny will go under which sucks because I shop there a lot.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 08:59:03 AM »
The Mexicans in Texas LOVE JC Penny.

They always have weird sales too (JCP not the Mexicans). You'll ALWAYS get some sort of extra discount that you aren't looking for, no homo
a