Author Topic: Mark Dugdale "Driven" dvd launch...  (Read 11978 times)

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Mark Dugdale "Driven" dvd launch...
« on: March 24, 2006, 11:12:16 AM »
That's right guys, Mark and 3G are giving me the great honor to host their very first dvd launch at my Max Muscle Venice store the weekend of the California championship Sunday, May 28th from 12-3pm. The Cal will be held in Culver City Friday the 26th and Saturday the 27th, so we thought since a lot of people will be in town anyway to have it that weekend.

Mark will be on hand to meet and greet people, sign pics and autograph your Driven dvd. You will be able to view the dvd before you purchase it and of course I'll have free food, drinks and special discounts all day as well as free give aways.

Last event we had a great time and this would be a chance for all of you that missed it to try again, it's a great time, trust me.

Mark is one of the nicest guy in the industry and from what I've heard this dvd is AWESOME! Do not miss it!
I will soon post pics of the poster for you all to see.

See you soon in Venice.

Max.
Check often for updates @

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Mark Dugdale "Driven" dvd launch...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 09:05:09 PM »
Seriously, I was wondering if the DVD was filled with boring family life stuff instead of training and nutrition. I was hoping it wouldn't be one of those boring pro DVD's.

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 09:20:09 PM »
Yes, Mark's family is featured quite a bit in it.
Max,
Check often for updates @

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 09:39:04 PM »
 Perhaps it is better for him to show his familiy than to show him listening to heavy-metal while wearing sweatpants and sunglasses.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 09:43:33 PM »

Damn - I can exteremly appreicate the time and effort it takes to take care of a family, work to support the family in a normal job, and train like crazy to get in shape for a contest. The dedication, and the loyalty of a good family and wife is important.

(From the Arnold expo)

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 10:07:27 PM »
Damn - I can exteremly appreicate the time and effort it takes to take care of a family, work to support the family in a normal job, and train like crazy to get in shape for a contest. The dedication, and the loyalty of a good family and wife is important.

(From the Arnold expo)

I totally respect Mark. He's a family man with a real job and an incredible physique.  What's more appealing is that he comes accross as a very nice guy and seems to be very happy.  I wish him all the best. 

Mark_Dugdale

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:10:16 AM »
May 28th is almost here, so I wanted to encourage you to stop by Dave's Max Muscle store this coming Sunday in Venice from noon to 3pm.

The DVD is more like a documentary of my prep for the Iron Man Pro... so it includes a fair amount of family stuff, nutrition, training, posing and culminates with footage from the Iron Man weigh-in, prejudging and finals.  My long time friend and director/editor of DRIVEN, Joel Barham, will be at the DVD launch.  He is an english teacher from Florida with aspirations of becoming a film maker, and I hope to help him accomplish his dream.

DRIVEN is quite unique and we are in the process of editing it down from 2 hours to around 50 minutes for submission to TLC, the Discovery Networks, PBS, HBO, etc. and several film festivals ranging from the Austin Film Festival to the Sundance Film Festival.  I hear there is a lot of politics in receiving a program slot at a film festival, so I should be right at home  :)  If nothing else it will be great practice for honing my skills for when I run for Governor of Washington State  ;)

Hope to see you this weekend!

Mark

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 09:14:57 AM »
mark you really have 3 of the cutest girls i have ever seen
great family and legs!wow that`s a combo!

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 09:26:16 AM »
Damn Mark you should post without an agenda i.e. buy my dvd.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 10:00:42 AM »
If Christina was any hotter she'd spontaneously combust:

Gotta agree with ya there Matt. Lots of smoke here, too.

/ Notice your Cdn. Avatar. Where you located? Kingston lad here.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 10:44:16 AM »

This should be fun!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 01:10:28 PM »
If nothing else it will be great practice for honing my skills for when I run for Governor of Washington State  ;)

R or D?

(Good man, sure hope he gets it right.)

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »
Is the DVD about family or bodybuilding?

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 02:09:17 PM »
Is the DVD about family or bodybuilding?

I would say it's about how they Co-exisit :)

Mark's a very busy man with all those kids and such but he still puts it together on stage and is one of my favorite pros.
I

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 02:56:22 PM »
Does he incline 495 for reps in the video? ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 02:57:51 PM »
Mark
Congrats on the new video...much continued success.

Vinny
ANIMAL

Mark_Dugdale

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 04:41:50 PM »
The Ugly:
R like the Governator... even though it will preclude me from winning in WA State.  Then again, if it can happen in California...

christinafitness:
It's done in the spirit of reality TV as a documentary, so it's a combination of both.

davidpaul:
3g does not hold you in contempt, she just doesn't agree with your lifestyle.  We have plenty of gay friends, and as bigdumbbell said I doubt you could be involved with bodybuilding if you were homophobic.

brianX:
I think I did 405 for maybe 5 reps, but since you've lost so much sleep at night over the Flex magazine picture I will set the record straight.  That picture was taken 3 days after I won the USA and it was actually 395.  Two of the 45's were actually 20 pounds.  I have done 495 on incline in the past for a single, but if you have ever competed you would know that the risk of injury is great on the days following a competition.  Only an idiot would try to perform a single with a weight they lifted in the off-season.

VGalanti:
Thanks bro.  I will always have fond memories of meeting you and your lovely wife during my first trip to Venice.  I think we spent $200 on sushi that night!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »
I watched the first 1/2 of this and  was very, very impressed. Mark, your video guy did a tremendous job and good luck in the film festivals, I hope it does well. This is a bodybuilding video like you'e never seen before and Mark definitely lifts some heavy ass weights.

Elevate Your Image.™

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 06:05:31 PM »
The Ugly:
R like the Governator... even though it will preclude me from winning in WA State.  Then again, if it can happen in California...

I knew I liked you.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 07:34:06 PM »

VGalanti:
Thanks bro.  I will always have fond memories of meeting you and your lovely wife during my first trip to Venice.  I think we spent $200 on sushi that night!

[/quote]

Dont forget the swollen ankles....lol
ANIMAL

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 11:39:20 AM »
I watched the first 1/2 of this and  was very, very impressed. Mark, your video guy did a tremendous job and good luck in the film festivals, I hope it does well. This is a bodybuilding video like you'e never seen before and Mark definitely lifts some heavy ass weights.

Sorry, but every bb video is 'like i've never seen before'. Actually i have never seen it before, but i bet a 1000 bucks, i can see a guy working out and doing bad ass weights for reps working his ass off, sprinkled with some eating and meeting other people scenes.
So in the end, it's just like any other bb video there is, just like Jay's, Ronnie's, Lee's or whoever's.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 11:51:25 AM »
Every bodybuilding DVD is unique, different, and that is why they are made. You dont say that every action move is the same? Each is different!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 11:58:06 AM »
Every bodybuilding DVD is unique, different, and that is why they are made. You dont say that every action move is the same? Each is different!

Ok, that's the other side of the coin.

but i think you and i are both right. i mean i enjoy watching these vids, but it's stupid to say it's like never before.
It's the same with action movies. there are good ones and bad ones, but they are still action movies.
same with bb dvds. some are good, some are boring.
but it's never like 'i have never seen anything like this before'.

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 02:14:19 PM »
I just ordered it.  Hope it's a good one.  Still my favourites are Ronnie's, jay's and The Battle for the Olympia's.  How are Gunter's and Markus?  Are they worth buying? 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 02:16:44 PM »
driven wasn't one of stallones better movies
Z