Author Topic: Arnold Classic Africa results - Dexter Jackson wins  (Read 5175 times)

io856

Arnold Classic Africa results - Dexter Jackson wins
« on: May 29, 2016, 11:39:04 PM »
 8)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Arnold Classic Africa results - Dexter Jackson wins
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 12:58:13 AM »
8)

In this pic, Beyeke looks better than bloated Roelly.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 01:03:01 AM »
In this pic, Beyeke looks better than bloated Roelly.
Beyeke has some serious potential. But, he must peel on command in order to tap into said potential.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »
8)

everybody'as bald except Roelly...  ::)

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 03:29:51 PM »
everybody'as bald except Roelly...  ::)

And he was downgraded for it.  Judges were unable to see his HGH head striations through the fro.....

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 04:46:01 PM »
So when he's in Africa is Dexter an "American-African" or what?

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 07:11:19 PM »
So when he's in Africa is Dexter an "American-African" or what?

Wait a minute.....Is the answer the same as the one for:  What do you call a highly educated African American with a respectful job?

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 08:01:22 PM »
Interested to see how Vic looked at this show.

io856

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 10:46:49 PM »
Interested to see how Vic looked at this show.
Looks good

Seems to have overcome his leg injuries

Body looks to be responding well

Arms look bigger

Beyeke has the supreme shape in that show, Winklaar came in with extreme conditioning and Dexter has all three components (shape, size, conditioning) in synergy and gets rewarded for it. I think Victor deserved fourth.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 12:04:47 AM »
That trunk on Victor is out of control.

Beyeke is a hair away from the next level.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 02:03:35 AM »
beyeke shoulda won, as usual

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 06:06:38 AM »
vic filled out like his old self ,I think extreme condition to take top slots are not to be tho,he has all the tools needed but has been so up/down over the long haul to stay consistent.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 06:20:23 AM »
That trunk on Victor is out of control.

Beyeke is a hair away from the next level.

Oscar ruined his waist forever...his vastus lateralis are retreating upwards from the knees..(first thing to go on aging bodybuilders) and his arms are more full of oil than ever....time to retire breh

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 06:23:09 AM »
Arnold on Safari.  This elephant got too close.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 06:30:12 AM »
Beyek looked better then Roelly. Close between him and dexter.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »
For anyone interested, here's the replay of the whole show: http://livestream.com/SI360/events/5248196/videos/124389144

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 09:32:15 AM »
It's difficult to fathom how Dexter doesn't grow weary of doing the same thing over and over, all the while NEVER changing. 

I mean, I know the answer (he's got nothing else going).

He's consistent, yes. But such consistency would leave me suicidal.

It's like guys who work out for decades and never waver from the same general routine or plot to become stronger, etc.

So many who scream "permabulker!" are the same folks who will work out forever and never achieve any marketable change in appearance or performance.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 09:35:33 AM »
It's difficult to fathom how Dexter doesn't grow weary of doing the same thing over and over, all the while NEVER changing. 

IMHO - and I know dex reads getbig, so correct me if I'm wrong...

I think it's an easy job for dexter.  Remember when he pissed off arnold by saying he only trains an hour a day, a few days a week?

Imagine a job where you can "put into it" about a dozen hours a week, and make an awesome living?  Train 5 hours a week.   Make your meals.  Let things take care of themself.  Dex *could* try to gain 15 pounds, but he'd lose his lines, he'd drop in rankings.

he's doing a nice safe, solid, consistent thing... smart man.  Train reasonable, win steady.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »

It's like guys who work out for decades and never waver from the same general routine or plot to become stronger, etc.

So many who scream "permabulker!" are the same folks who will work out forever and never achieve any marketable change in appearance or performance.

Dexter only keeps competing for ONE reason and ONE reason only: money.

Which is totally fine, however, when you hear him talk, you can just tell how money hungry he is.

Him being consistent leads to a paycheck. That is all he cares about. This is why he does show after show after show because he knows he will most likely not win the Mr. O again and is trying to cash in on as many wins as possible.

Phil doesn't need to do other contests because he knows hes going to win the Mr. O and all the other fortune that comes along with it.
X

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 11:16:47 AM »
Dexter only keeps competing for ONE reason and ONE reason only: money.

Which is totally fine, however, when you hear him talk, you can just tell how money hungry he is.

Him being consistent leads to a paycheck. That is all he cares about. This is why he does show after show after show because he knows he will most likely not win the Mr. O again and is trying to cash in on as many wins as possible.

Phil doesn't need to do other contests because he knows hes going to win the Mr. O and all the other fortune that comes along with it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with competing for the money. He's a professional bodybuilder, its his job to compete and make a living that way, at least in theory. Hating on that is like hating on a businessman for wanting to do more business because he's only in it for the money. If Dex is healthy and injury-free, why not rack up as many wins as possible, make some money, and go down in the books as the winningest bodybuilder of all time (assuming he wins one more show). I say good for him, more pros should take note of what he's doing and do the same, just as long as they stay relatively healthy.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 11:26:04 AM »

How much is the prize money? how much did Dexter win?

why not compete until you stop getting top 3..  what else is he going to do to earn a living? also remember, he doesn't get a pension like Ronnie and doesn't have his own product line to fall back on
I

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »

He has changed, little by little. But, bodybuikding is different in that you get to a certain point physique-wise, where being bigger, is not "better". Usually, it's the rookie or first few years. Flex Wheeler is a good example of this. He didn't need to be bigger than 230, if that. And Phil is another example. He looked his best up to 2008-9. Chris Cormier is different, he could have kept adding weight, until he was 275ish. And Ronnie Coleman looked his best at 250-260ish, which he achieve later on in his career. After that he look
worse. So, "bodybuilding" it seems, in a competitive sense, like "body destroying", because you eventually get to a point where you destroy your lines.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »
He has changed, little by little. But, bodybuikding is different in that you get to a certain point physique-wise, where being bigger, is not "better". Usually, it's the rookie or first few years. Flex Wheeler is a good example of this. He didn't need to be bigger than 230, if that. And Phil is another example. He looked his best up to 2008-9. Chris Cormier is different, he could have kept adding weight, until he was 275ish. And Ronnie Coleman looked his best at 250-260ish, which he achieve later on in his career. After that he look
worse. So, "bodybuilding" it seems, in a competitive sense, like "body destroying", because you eventually get to a point where you destroy your lines.
TRUTH ....CORMIER WAS THE SAME LITTLE BY LITTLE...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2016, 11:41:13 AM »
TRUTH ....CORMIER WAS THE SAME LITTLE BY LITTLE...
Cormier was the one guy that seemed like you could "visually" add weight to him, little by little and he would not be out of proportion. He was that well balanced. I think he could have really been Ronnie Coleman's nemesis. A guy who could play the size game, and still have his lines and a flat stomach, as well as do a vacuum pose.

Grenache

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 12:34:06 PM »
Top 3: