Author Topic: ‘World’s First Cannabis-Friendly Gym’ Will Challenge Stoner Stereotypes  (Read 1778 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The ‘world’s first cannabis-friendly gym’ is set to open this autumn in San Francisco.

Power Plant Fitness – as it will be called – will allow on-site cannabis consumption, and staff will even be on hand to advise customers on the best method for their personal use.

As reported by Tech Insider, Jim McAlpine – the founder of the 420 Games and co-founder of Power Plant Fitness – has moved to highlight that the gym’s focus does remain on physical well-being.

Initially, consumption will be limited to vaping or edibles, but an outdoor smoking area will eventually be introduced.

It won’t be a place to get high and just screw around. We are focused on the athletic side, not the cannabis side.

In an email sent to Tech Insider, McAlpine explained that cannabis will be looked on as a tool for focus and recovery, and the gym will challenge stereotypes that all stoners are idle.

In the interest of safety, new members won’t just be allowed to blaze and lift, they will first be put through a ‘cannabis performance assessment’.

McAlpine wrote:

We will be helping our members figure out how is best for them to ingest their cannabis.

A detail that still needs ironing out will be whether Power Plant will be able to dispense marijuana on-site.

The gym could register to become a dispensary lounge in accordance with California law, but this would dramatically impact terms of membership as such status normally goes to non-profit organisations, with earnings used to help aid patients.

This will certainly make for an interesting experiment.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
I can imagine you'd be able to push past the pain barrier after a spliff or two.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Any gimmicky ploy.  Edible pizza delivery box.  Donald Trump.  Is there no point at which people just say hey, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Smoked a joint a few times before hitting the gym.

A little better concentration. Pumps felt slightly more pronounced. Never wanted to lift overly heavily though in caution of hurting something.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Cannibas treated like a medicine is very effective for specific training methods

I blaze before I push weight everyday - once again i treat it like a medicinal plant

So before training I'm baking out my car trying to get hella ripped to go workout, instead of ur gay preworkout I blaze a few mg of THC after I eat - there's a slew of positives I'm not going to get into

Getbig ignores herb becuase it's full of euro libertarian values or high class, executives who are above "weed"
But those same few go out and drink and lift like teen age girls

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
What a time to be alive