Author Topic: Could Clinton go entire primary cycle without a press conference?  (Read 3748 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Why should she?  Zero accountability.  Her true believers don't care.  And she is still likely to win. 

Could Clinton go entire primary cycle without a press conference?
Published June 01, 2016
FoxNews.com

Hillary Clinton is getting called out by her campaign rivals – on both sides of the aisle – for not holding a press conference all year, part of what they maintain is a “scripted” approach by the Democratic presidential front-runner even as she comes close to locking down the nomination.

“I think there’s a lot of frustration among the media about her accessibility,” Jeff Weaver, campaign manager for Democratic rival Bernie Sanders, told Fox News on Wednesday.

The former secretary of state long has faced accusations of being closed off to the press, and maintains she wants to speak with the media. So far this year, aside from doing interviews, she has engaged reporters from time to time on the trail – the candidate answered some questions from reporters during a stop in Minneapolis in early March and another in Lexington, Ky., last month.

But her last substantial press conference was held Dec. 4 in Fort Dodge, Iowa – and even that involved a session with a small group of reporters.

That means the Democratic candidate, who nearly has earned enough delegates to clinch the nomination, hasn’t held an event approaching a formal press conference since voting began. With the primary elections mostly wrapping up next Tuesday, Clinton is poised to go the entire season without a formal press conference unless one is scheduled soon.

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump pointed out Clinton’s record on this front after being criticized Tuesday over his spirited press conference in New York – where he lashed out at his media critics and even called one journalist a “sleaze”

Clinton told CNN on Tuesday, when asked about not holding a press conference in months, that “we will” hold one.

“I believe that we do and we should answer questions. Of course, I'm going to,” Clinton said.

She defended her record with the press, saying she’s done “nearly 300 interviews just in 2016 and I believe that it's important to continue to, you know, speak to the press as I'm doing right now.”

But Trump has held several extended and freewheeling press conferences this year, including on big election nights. Tuesday’s bout at Trump Tower -- called to detail the list of veteran groups receiving donations from a Trump-hosted fundraiser after questions were raised about the money – was just the most contentious.

Sanders, too, has held campaign press conferences including one Wednesday in California.

Weaver told Fox News that the Vermont senator holds sessions with reporters “all the time.”

“The secretary has a much more scripted program,” he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/01/could-clinton-go-entire-primary-cycle-without-press-conference.html?intcmp=hpbt1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Could Clinton go entire primary cycle without a press conference?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 05:11:06 PM »
repubs ran a blowhard douche, so she can win by appearing only slightly less douche-y.

this week we learned Trump waited 2 months to pay a charity, and only after WPost ran an expose on it.  We also learned his trump school was shady as shit.

this week, we learned hilary hasn't done enough press conferences to make her haters happy.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:25:02 AM »
Hillary doesn't do full blown press conferences because she is always accessible to the press and does small press briefings ALL THE TIME...she has no need to do the big Press conferences ....besides people already know everything there is to know about her

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:15:35 AM »
Hitlery cant do a press conference because she knows it will be dominated by questions of her crimes, lies, scandals, etc. 

She figures let Trump take the heat for his bs while possibly her own criminality blows over. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:19:03 AM »
Hillary doesn't do full blown press conferences because she is always accessible to the press and does small press briefings ALL THE TIME...she has no need to do the big Press conferences ....besides people already know everything there is to know about her

Agreed. Her positions on almost all the issues are very well known and have been for a long time.  She speaks to the press and the public routinely in venues like Meet the Press, with campaign/political reporters, or even in Congressional investigations/testimony.  No one in America is saying "I'm undecided and need to know more about where Clinton is on the issues... she needs to speak to reporters more often."

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:20:46 AM »
Agreed. Her positions on almost all the issues are very well known and have been for a long time.  She speaks to the press and the public routinely in venues like Meet the Press or with other campaign/political reporters.  No one in America is saying "I'm undecided and need to know more about where Clinton is on the issues... she needs to speak to reporters more often."

Oh really?  Which issues would that be? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 09:30:00 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 09:31:37 AM »
plus just about EVERY event these days is filled with protesters and hecklers and of course, attendees beating the shit out of protesters.

she starts talking, you'll have 5 people screaming benghazi.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 09:32:45 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 09:35:35 AM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 09:40:43 AM »
Agreed. Her positions on almost all the issues are very well known and have been for a long time.  She speaks to the press and the public routinely in venues like Meet the Press, with campaign/political reporters, or even in Congressional investigations/testimony.  No one in America is saying "I'm undecided and need to know more about where Clinton is on the issues... she needs to speak to reporters more often."

Good points

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 09:42:06 AM »
Good points

People want to know about her lies on Benghazi and and looming criminal indictment as well as whether she really in fact did off Vince Foster. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 09:50:38 AM »
What does it mean for her to claim a position, though?  She'll stand like a zombie and frown "I am for the middle class."  But then she'll work to undermine them, so...

Which is it?

She's a dangerous flake, at best.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »
People want to know about her lies on Benghazi and and looming criminal indictment as well as whether she really in fact did off Vince Foster. 

Stop making a fool of yourself. Please.

Our friend Ken Starr spent 5 years and about 70 million dollars investigating both Clintons and came up empty.

Foster own sister said this was nonsense:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/vince-foster-was-my-brother-donald-trump-should-be-ashamed/2016/05/26/95c684f2-233f-11e6-8690-f14ca9de2972_story.html

And now somewhat chastened even Trump is backing away from the Foster nonsense:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/05/26/trump-says-vince-foster-should-not-be-mentioned-on-campaign-trail-unless-new-info-surfaces/

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 10:09:51 AM »
What does it mean for her to claim a position, though?  She'll stand like a zombie and frown "I am for the middle class."  But then she'll work to undermine them, so...

Which is it?

She's a dangerous flake, at best.

Perhaps, but one thing we know she won't do: she won't take the country into a totally unnecessary war killing thousands of U.S. servicemen, wounding tens of thousands, overloading the VA system, and wasting 2-3 trillion dollars... plunging our economy into a great recession.  On the continuum of who or what is "dangerous" I'll take her over Trump any day (or Bush, Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina, etc).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 10:10:32 AM »
Perhaps, but one thing we know she won't do: she won't take the country into a totally unnecessary war killing thousands of U.S. servicemen, wounding tens of thousands, overloading the VA system, and wasting 2-3 trillion dollars... plunging our economy into a great recession.  On the continuum of who or what is "dangerous" I'll take her over Trump any day (or Bush, Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina, etc).

She voted for Iraq war remember? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 10:11:29 AM »

trump supported the war too.   he also said he was against it.   Taking both sides on every issue keeps everyone happy.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 10:17:28 AM »

Lots of people voted for the war.  That is not the same as initiating it based on your own agenda... which is exactly what Bush/Cheney did.  If you had family members serving in the military or deployed over seas you would not be so quick to see their lives thrown away.

By the way, why you back on this board?  Didn't you run away crying to the moderators that you were being picked on after promising to leave?  Or was that someone else? ::)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »

Oh, no.  I absolutely disagree.  She is a neo-con, and we have that very evil "philosophy" to blame for 99% of the problems in this country, including the scams masquerading as war.

She's a troublemaker, man.  A guy like you should have been backing Bernie over her, especially if you want to beat Trump (as you say).

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 10:23:40 AM »
Yeah, the GWB administration was delivered straight from Hell.  Cannot disagree one bit.  Pure evil.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 10:27:17 AM »
Oh, no.  I absolutely disagree.  She is a neo-con, and we have that very evil "philosophy" to blame for 99% of the problems in this country, including the scams masquerading as war.

She's a troublemaker, man.  A guy like you should have been backing Bernie over her, especially if you want to beat Trump (as you say).

Gays love her because she is a lezbo.  No other reason. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 10:29:55 AM »
Gays love her because she is a lezbo.  No other reason. 

No, I mean that he is intelligent (clearly) and there is absolutely NO legitimate reason to back Hillary.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 10:31:55 AM »
No, I mean that he is intelligent (clearly) and there is absolutely NO legitimate reason to back Hillary.

There is - gays like Bay love her because they see her as a persecuted nasty ass ugly lezbo.  its not issues at all.