Author Topic: Mark Cuban: trump is worth 165 million  (Read 3059 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Mark Cuban: trump is worth 165 million
« on: June 02, 2016, 12:28:39 AM »
Interesting. 

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
Re: Mark Cuban: trump is worth 165 million
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 06:41:57 AM »
It is probably more than that, but doubt it is even one billion.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:26:46 AM »
If Cuban had actually said that then surely 240 would have posted a link right?

It's not like 240 to forget (choose?) to not include links

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:15:00 AM »
Trump has 165 million worth of assets.   The rest comes from what he values his own name at... Trump now must value his name at over ten billion.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/mark-cuban-donald-trump-wealth

Cuban, the Donald Trump of tech billionaires, might be the only public figure who can match the presumptive Republican nominee in mouthiness and get away with it. In fact, as he recently proved during a radio interview, he might be one of the few people who can question Trump’s wealth and have people take his opinion seriously—or, at the very least, make news for doing so.

In the wake of several reports suggesting that Trump’s net worth might be significantly lower than he claims—a theory only bolstered by Trump’s insistent refusal to release his tax returns—Cuban, whose net worth is estimated at $3.2 billion, went on 77 WABC’s Bernie and Sid show to cast doubt on whether his fellow mogul really deserves his alleged Three Comma status.

“Nobody’s great at everything,” Cuban said, as first reported by BuzzFeed. “I know what I’m good at, and I know what I’m not good at. I’m not so sure Donald knows what he’s not good at.”

Cuban, for instance, is good at owning a professional basketball team, investing in tech companies, and funding whatever small-potato start-ups earn his approval on Shark Tank—and so he largely sticks to those realms. Trump, on the other hand, is engaged in an absurd array of businesses and side hustles that make little financial sense except as an exercise in vanity (or, more generously, personal branding). Cuban gave Trump credit for being “good at branding real estate,” but bashed the rest of Trump’s interests as evidence of an unsound mind. “I don’t think he’s very good at brands for non–real estate products. And, to me, it’s more a reflection of desperation,” he told Bernie and Sid’s co-hosts. Cuban then ran through a list of Trump’s random assortment of business investments—steaks, water, playing cards—and called his strategy “nonsense.”

Finally, because all Trump-era politics must come down to a hand-measuring contest, Cuban cited the candidate’s recent F.E.C. filings to proclaim that he, not Trump, was the richer of the two. “Before all the Trumpians jump on me on who has more money, the reason I know is when you file your federal election campaign reports, you have to list all your cash and liquid securities and bonds,” Cuban argued. “You have to list them one by one. So we know without any question that as of May 27, Donald doesn’t have more than $165 million in cash and securities and bonds. And trust me, I’ve got a lot of more than that in cash, securities, and bonds.”

So far, Trump has yet to respond, but judging from their past interactions, it won’t be pretty. Back in 2015, when Cuban first implied that Trump did not have enough cash on hand to run for the presidency, Trump retorted that the Dallas Mavericks owner was a “lightweight whose net worth is a fraction of mine” and that he once “watched him play golf and he is a total non-athlete—zero clubhead speed.” That did not stop Trump from holding a September rally at the American Airlines Center, where the Mavericks play. Cuban, who recently claimed that he’d make a better president than Trump, knows a good deal when he sees one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 08:16:32 AM »
Trump wont show his taxes because it probably shows significant losses and a net worth probably below $1 billion overall. 

James

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 08:21:35 AM »
Trump has 165 million worth of assets.  The rest comes from what he values his own name at... Trump now must value his name at over ten billion.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/mark-cuban-donald-trump-wealth

Cuban, the Donald Trump of tech billionaires, might be the only public figure who can match the presumptive Republican nominee in mouthiness and get away with it. In fact, as he recently proved during a radio interview, he might be one of the few people who can question Trump’s wealth and have people take his opinion seriously—or, at the very least, make news for doing so.

In the wake of several reports suggesting that Trump’s net worth might be significantly lower than he claims—a theory only bolstered by Trump’s insistent refusal to release his tax returns—Cuban, whose net worth is estimated at $3.2 billion, went on 77 WABC’s Bernie and Sid show to cast doubt on whether his fellow mogul really deserves his alleged Three Comma status.

“Nobody’s great at everything,” Cuban said, as first reported by BuzzFeed. “I know what I’m good at, and I know what I’m not good at. I’m not so sure Donald knows what he’s not good at.”

Cuban, for instance, is good at owning a professional basketball team, investing in tech companies, and funding whatever small-potato start-ups earn his approval on Shark Tank—and so he largely sticks to those realms. Trump, on the other hand, is engaged in an absurd array of businesses and side hustles that make little financial sense except as an exercise in vanity (or, more generously, personal branding). Cuban gave Trump credit for being “good at branding real estate,” but bashed the rest of Trump’s interests as evidence of an unsound mind. “I don’t think he’s very good at brands for non–real estate products. And, to me, it’s more a reflection of desperation,” he told Bernie and Sid’s co-hosts. Cuban then ran through a list of Trump’s random assortment of business investments—steaks, water, playing cards—and called his strategy “nonsense.”

Finally, because all Trump-era politics must come down to a hand-measuring contest, Cuban cited the candidate’s recent F.E.C. filings to proclaim that he, not Trump, was the richer of the two. “Before all the Trumpians jump on me on who has more money, the reason I know is when you file your federal election campaign reports, you have to list all your cash and liquid securities and bonds,” Cuban argued. “You have to list them one by one. So we know without any question that as of May 27, Donald doesn’t have more than $165 million in cash and securities and bonds. And trust me, I’ve got a lot of more than that in cash, securities, and bonds.”

So far, Trump has yet to respond, but judging from their past interactions, it won’t be pretty. Back in 2015, when Cuban first implied that Trump did not have enough cash on hand to run for the presidency, Trump retorted that the Dallas Mavericks owner was a “lightweight whose net worth is a fraction of mine” and that he once “watched him play golf and he is a total non-athlete—zero clubhead speed.” That did not stop Trump from holding a September rally at the American Airlines Center, where the Mavericks play. Cuban, who recently claimed that he’d make a better president than Trump, knows a good deal when he sees one.

Cash and Net Worth are different dip·shit.

Forbes says his Net Worth is 4.5 Billion:

http://www.forbes.com/profile/donald-trump/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 08:31:03 AM »
Trump has 165 million worth of assets.   The rest comes from what he values his own name at... Trump now must value his name at over ten billion.

So you do know how to post a link ?

Amazing

Trump is a world class bullshit artist and Cubans claims about Trump are not new and I'm sure his disciples don't care.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 10:01:46 AM »
Trump wont show his taxes because it probably shows significant losses and a net worth probably below $1 billion overall. 

Agreed...the funny thing is that as a New Yorker I may have voted for him if he were more serious about what he says

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »

Taxes don't show net worth but I agree he's definitely hiding something.

He also looks like a sniveling little shit for saying Romney should release his returns and then refusing to do so himself

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 10:25:45 AM »
Trump is like the guy driving around in a ferarri, living it up, boats, etc - writes everything off, pays little to no taxes, etc., declares little as possible, then goes to the bank w a tax return showing a loss and complaining he cant qualify for the mortgage. 

Yeah - he makes a lot of money - but he also games the system like no ones business.  So now he has to show it and average person probably getting raped in FICA, income taxes, sales tax, etc who kills themself at work seeing this who he needs to vote for him wont be thrilled. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »
big hat, no cattle

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 12:36:03 PM »
Cash and Net Worth are different dip·shit.

Forbes says his Net Worth is 4.5 Billion:

http://www.forbes.com/profile/donald-trump/

You mean he doesn't understand the difference between cash on hand and net worth?  I am shocked. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »
You mean he doesn't understand the difference between cash on hand and net worth?  I am shocked. 

Give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they forgot to cover than part when he got his MBA.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »
Give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they forgot to cover than part when he got his MBA.

:-[

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 01:11:22 PM »

you're the forgetful one - you didn't remember voting clinton.

I trust mark cuban a lot more than the getbig experts ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 01:14:02 PM »
you're the forgetful one - you didn't remember voting clinton.

I trust mark cuban a lot more than the getbig experts ;)

Trump scammed me once bad enough w his claim he sent a team of people down to Hawaii to investigate the fake ass BC and that said investigators "could not believe" what they were finding. 

Guess what ?   That never happened.   So now I take everything and anything he ever says for entertainment value only. 

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »
Have you all seen the real estate he owns? There is no way that the valuations of those properties are only 165 million.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 02:07:40 PM »
Have you all seen the real estate he owns? There is no way that the valuations of those properties are only 165 million.

Most of what has his name on it he doesnt own - but sells the right to use his name. 

One of the lawsuits described in the article I posted described on the deals that went bad w his name on it and he defended himself by saying he only sold his name to the deal thats it.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 02:12:54 PM »

Cuban said cash on hand, not assets or net worth.  240 doesn't understand the difference. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »
The guy who wrote the article posted in one of these threads the other day, says he saw documentation a few years ago to say about $7B overall.  But who knows.  When it gets to a certain amount, good luck trying to pin anything down as far as lying etc.  

Sort of like "explosions at the WTC" in that you could spend an entire lifetime analyzing it to show nothing at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 02:23:35 PM »
The guy who wrote the article posted in one of these threads the other day, says he saw documentation a few years ago to say about $7B overall.  But who knows.  When it gets to a certain amount, good luck trying to pin anything down as far as lying etc.  

Sort of like "explosions at the WTC" in that you could spend an entire lifetime analyzing it to show nothing at all.

When this guy passes on - winding down his estate is going to take years and years and armies of probate lawyers. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 02:26:56 PM »
When this guy passes on - winding down his estate is going to take years and years and armies of probate lawyers. 

Good thing his kids all get along with one another (afaik, but could be wrong)\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 02:31:04 PM »
Good thing his kids all get along with one another (afaik, but could be wrong)\

And Meliania signed the pre-nup  :D  :D  :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 02:37:45 PM »
And Meliania signed the pre-nup  :D  :D  :D

I remember someone in a Town Hall, asking Trump how it is his kids are so nice and well-behaved in contrast to him.

He didn't want to say it, but it's because his kids were raised by a nanny -- like 90% of kids from those type families.  A little OT, but I don't know how much credit he deserves for his kids.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 11:16:50 PM »
Top 10 Reasons To Doubt Trump Is Even A Billionaire

The following is a list of things I've learned about Trump over recent months that make it clear he is worth dramatically less than he claims and think it is a real possibility that he has a net worth of less than $1 billion. None of the ten is definitive or proves he is worth a certain amount now or even that he could not be worth the $10 billion he claims. But taken together they show a chronic exaggeration of his wealth, repeated instances of financial reports that include almost comical efforts to inflate the numbers (like reporting gross revenues as income) and various points where his net worth was estimated with some precision and make it hard to credit how he could now be worth so much today.

So with that, here's the top 10.

4. Trump refuses to release his income tax returns and is knowingly incurring substantial political damage for failing to do so. He would only do so if they contained information he very, very much does not want to see made public.

5. Trump repeatedly received a New York State tax credit that is restricted to married couples making no more than $500,000 a year in federal adjusted gross income. Trump himself and later New York City said Trump had received the credit in error. But the the City of New York very conspicuously did not say that it was because Trump made more than that much money a year. Every year, the City cross references recipients with state records which show the income of recipients.

7. Trump has gotten a good deal of ridicule for efforts like Trump Steaks, Trump Water, Trump University and other similar ventures. But it is difficult to believe someone worth $10 billion would play around with such penny ante gambits. Perhaps it's just ego and the desire to maximize the return on his 'brand'. But the litany of these failed ventures, the possible return on which would be a few million dollars at best, suggests someone with far, far fewer assets and wealth than Trump claims.

8. During the presidential campaign, despite Trump's claim to be self-funding his effort, Trump has made a number of moves that suggest expenditures even in the tens of millions of dollars represent a real strain on his finances. Trump's self funding was almost entirely loans to his campaign. He could make those into simple contributions with the stroke of a pen. And yet he still hasn't ruled out asking Republican mega-donors to reimburse him for the cost of his self-funded primary campaign. $10 billion is 10,000 million dollars. Even if much of his wealth isn't liquid, 40 million dollars should be a minor expense for someone with that scale of wealth.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/top-ten-reasons-to-doubt-trump-is-even-a-billionaire