Author Topic: Right Before They Died  (Read 21291 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Right Before They Died
« on: June 02, 2016, 04:30:05 PM »
Just some clickbait-type stuff, thought it's interesting.  But I wasn't there so I don't know if 100% accurate in each case.

-

Harry Houdini

“I’m tired of fighting, Dash. I guess this thing is going to get me.” These were the famous magician’s last words, to his brother Theo, the day before his death.

-

Johnny Ace

Ace was an R&B singer who died tragically, while playing with a gun during a break in his concert set. His last words were, “I’ll show you that it won’t shoot.”

-

Frank Sinatra

After saying, “I’m losing it,” crooner Frank Sinatra died of a heart attack. The legend known as Ol’ Blue Eyes passed away in Los Angeles, California.

-

Steve Jobs

The man responsible the iPhone and Macbook (and everything else Apple) famously said, “Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow” as he died from pancreatic cancer in 2011.

-

James Brown

The Godfather of Soul must have known the end was near, as his final words were “I’m going away tonight.” He died on Christmas Day, 2006.

-

James Dean

The heart-throb actor said “That guy’s gotta stop. He’ll see us.” This was said to his friend Rolf Wütherich, seconds before the car crash that ended Dean’s life. Wütherich had just told Dean to slow down.

-

John F. Kennedy

When a friend said, “you certainly cannot say that the people of Dallas haven’t given you a nice welcome, Mr. President,” JFK responded with his final words: “No, you certainly can’t.”

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Right Before They Died (Reported Last Words of Celebrities)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:45:22 PM »
Walt Disney

Walt Disney oddly wrote the name, “Kurt Russell” on a piece of paper right before he died of lung cancer in 1966. Talk about a lot of pressure for the-then child star who was working at Disney Studio. Kurt Russell confirmed the story on Jimmy Kimmel Live in April 2007, but does not know why Walt wrote his name.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Right Before They Died (Reported Last Words of Celebrities)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 04:48:49 PM »
Sigmund Freud

The iconic Austrian neurologist and father of psychoanalysis said “This is absurd! This is absurd!” He was suffering from cancer and he died by physician-assisted suicide.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Right Before They Died
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 04:49:34 PM »
Michael Jackson

His death shocked the world, although his final words were simple…”More milk.” Milk is the nickname he gave the anesthetic propofol, which is exactly what eventually took his life, through an overdose.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 05:53:57 PM »
Bing Crosby

Crosby was advised to never play more than a 9-hole golf game by his physician. However, in 1977 he played 18 holes, and afterward said to his pals: “That was a great game of golf, fellas.” He then collapsed just 20 yards from the course’s clubhouse and died from a massive heart attack.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »
John F. Kennedy

When a friend said, “you certainly cannot say that the people of Dallas haven’t given you a nice welcome, Mr. President,” JFK responded with his final words: “No, you certainly can’t.”

Turns out to be Mrs. Connally (Governor's wife) who said this to JFK.  Here's where it comes from (Warren Commission, the words of Jacqueline Kennedy) as Mrs. Kennedy describes them driving away from a less populated area into that famous part of Dallas, very shortly before the event.

---
Mrs. KENNEDY. Yes. It was rather scattered going in. Once there was a crowd of people with a sign saying something like "President Kennedy, please get out and shake our hands, our neighbors said you wouldn't."

Mr. RANKIN. Did you?

Mrs. KENNEDY. And he stopped and got out. That was, you know, like a little suburb and there were not many crowds. But then the crowds got bigger as you went in.

Mr. RANKIN. As you got into the main street of Dallas were there very large crowds on all the streets?

Mrs. KENNEDY. Yes.

Mr. RANKIN. And you waved to them and proceeded down the street with the motorcade?

Mrs. KENNEDY. Yes. And in the motorcade, you know, I usually would be waving mostly to the left side and he was waving mostly to the right, which is one reason you are not looking at each other very much. And it was terribly hot. Just blinding all of us.

Mr. RANKIN. Now, do you remember as you turned off of the main street onto Houston Street?

Mrs. KENNEDY. I don't know the name of the street.

Mr. RANKin. That is that one block before you get to the Depository Building.

Mrs. KENNEDY. Well, I remember whenever it was, Mrs. Connally said, "We will soon be there." We could see a tunnel in front of us. Everything was really slow then. And I remember thinking it would be so cool under that tunnel.

Mr. RANKIN. And then do you remember as you turned off of Houston onto Elm right by the Depository Building?

Mrs. KENNEDY. Well, I don't know the names of the streets, but I suppose right by the Depository is what you are talking about?

Mr. RANKIN. Yes; that is the street that sort of curves as you go down under the underpass.

Mr. KENNEDY. Yes; well, that is when she said to President Kennedy, "You certainly can't say that the people of Dallas haven't given you a nice welcome.

Mr. RANKIN. What did he say?

Mrs. KENNEDY. I think he said-I don't know if I remember it or I have read it, "No, you certainly can't," or something. And you know then the car was very slow and there weren't very many people around.

And then--do you want me to tell you what happened?

Mr. RANKIN. Yes; if you would, please.

Mrs. KENNEDY. You know, there is always noise in a motorcade and there are always motorcycles, besides us, a lot of them backfiring. So I was looking to the left. I guess there was a noise, but it didn't seem like any different noise really because there is so much noise, motorcycles and things. But then suddenly Governor Connally was yelling, "Oh, no, no, no."

Mr. RANKIN. Did he turn toward you?

Mrs. KENNEDY. No; I was looking this way, to the left, and I heard these terrible noises. You know. And my husband never made any sound. So I turned to the right. And all I remember is seeing my husband, he had this sort of quizzical look on his face, and his hand was up, it must have been his left hand. And just as I turned and looked at him, I could see a piece of his skull and I remember it was flesh colored. I remember thinking he just looked as if he had a slight headache. And I just remember seeing that. No blood or anything.

And then he sort of did this [indicating], put his hand to his forehead and fell in my lap.

And then I just remember falling on him and saying, "Oh, no, no, no," I mean, "Oh, my God, they have shot my husband." And "I love you, Jack," I remember I was shouting. And just being down in the car with his head in my lap. And it just seemed an eternity.

You know, then, there were pictures later on of me climbing out the back. But I don't remember that at all.

(Warren Commission)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 11:54:51 AM »
Steve Irwin (this guy looked like GWB)

“Don’t worry, they usually don’t swim backwards,” said Irwin of stingrays while filming a segment for his daughters show.  The “Crocodile Hunter” famously died from a freak stingray accident.  Stingrays are one of the most docile bottom feeders, with only 17 deaths total worldwide.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 11:55:58 AM »
Buddy Rich

Rich, the legendary drummer, died after surgery in 1987. As he was being prepped for the surgery, a nurse asked him, “Is there anything you can’t take?”

He replied, “Yeah, country music.”

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 11:56:51 AM »
Oscar Wilde

The eccentric Irish-born writer allegedly made a strange final statement before he died in 1900; “The wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.”

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »
Coco Chanel

The French fashion designer and taste-maker was certainly a woman to be reckoned with. She went out in real Chanel style, announcing: “You see, this is how you die.”

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 12:10:27 PM »

The "sport" of flipping from edges of buildings, goes wrong.  It's said this person lost his footing upon landing.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »

On its first public exhibition in St. Louis in 1943, this Waco glider crashed after a poorly-fastened bolt came loose and the starboard wing sheared off. The glider plummeted 2,000 feet onto Lambert field and hit the ground with what one witness described as a dull thud, killing 10 people.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 01:00:49 PM »

The famous Karl Wallenda right before he died in Puerto Rico at the age of 73.  Some believe he intended to kill himself, and this was the way he chose to do it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 01:08:38 PM »

Taken right before the woman in red went into Niagara Falls.  Her friends said she was "always smiling and happy".  It is believed she lost her footing.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 01:20:13 PM »

Two mechanics died when the turbine they were repairing burst into flames.  One was 19, the other 21.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »
^

(Netherlands) – Two young mechanics, ages 19 and 21, died when a fire broke out in a wind turbine where they were performing routine maintenance.  The tragedy occurred at Deltawind’s Piet de Wit wind farm in the Netherlands, but highlights the hazards associated with fires caused by wind turbines.

According to the Netherlands Times, “because of the height, the fire department initially had trouble extinguishing the fire in the engine room.”  The fire started in the afternoon, but it took until evening for a special team of firefighters to arrive and ascend with a large crane.

One victim was found on the ground beside the wind turbine; the other body was recovered by the specialized team.   Two other mechanics escaped safely.  A witness reported seeing two men jump through flames into a staircase.

Cause of the fire has not yet been determined, but Deltawind has suggested a short circuit could be the cause.  The turbine was a 1.75 megawatt Vestas V-66.  Troublingly, these turbines are being sold by secondhand dealers online to buyers who may have no knowledge about the potential fire hazard.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 01:49:39 PM »

NYPD officer Moira Smith helps an injured man on the morning of 9/11/2001. After the photo was taken, she was killed when the south tower collapsed.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »
Anyway, take care.  Because at any moment, it may be too late to do that.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 07:14:15 AM »
 "I've got to be crazy to do this shot. I should've asked for a double."

The last words of actor Vic Morrow, moments before John Landis yelled, "Action!"

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 08:21:50 AM »
"I've got to be crazy to do this shot. I should've asked for a double."

The last words of actor Vic Morrow, moments before John Landis yelled, "Action!"

Two small children died, too.  Landis continued his career as though nothing happened.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 07:38:15 PM »
Two small children died, too.  Landis continued his career as though nothing happened.

I still don't get how nobody was held accountable for that.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 04:13:03 PM »
I still don't get how nobody was held accountable for that.

IMO they were prepared in advance to face consequences for many eventualities, including something like this.  (Other than, perhaps, trying to hide the presence of the children, and failing to seek proper permits due to the reality there were explosives in the scenes with the children, etc.)   

If Landis had an identifiable shred of decency anywhere in his entire being, he would have walked permanently away from the business.  He would understand he is unfit to do it.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 02:41:15 AM »
Chevy Chase on John Landis:

"He's a bit of a bully, to say the least, with the wrong people, the easy shots. He's got a crassness about him. Anybody who can pick on a set decorator or an extra in front of everybody else in a very mean way is lacking something. I would think that an experience like Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) would put some humility into your life. But it didn't."

Purge_WTF

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 06:04:19 AM »

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2016, 07:22:18 PM »

-

-

Johnny Ace

Ace was an R&B singer who died tragically, while playing with a gun during a break in his concert set. His last words were, “I’ll show you that it won’t shoot.”

This picture is actually Bobby "Blue" Bland